Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

The Last African Sorcerer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Last African Sorcerer (634 Views)

A Quest Of Heroes (the Sorcerer's Ring) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Last African Sorcerer by Mrcandlewood(m): 10:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
Hello guys..I used to have this good story writing ability that i dropped long ago due some personal factors but I've seen a lot of good books here on NL so I wanna give it a shot lipsrsealed

Pls am not that eloquent in English so you'll forgive some of my typo errors and whatnots grin

Disclaimer: This is a pure fictional supernatural story and the characters may be familiar but doesn't relate with any living person grin

Let's begin
Re: The Last African Sorcerer by Mrcandlewood(m): 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
He stared deeply into her eyes as he held her hand affectionately, a true definition of an African beauty, an embodiment of a classical and pre-modern goddess. How he met her, he couldn't remember but all he cared at the moment was the deep love and desire he had for her.

Abena 24, a product of an early typical afro-cultural family was the pearl in the eyes of Din a local boy who descended from a line of great African sorcerers. Although the use of magic was popular in many places across Africa especially in the Congo, the villages across the west and central coasts had a rather strigent policy against the open use of magic which was considered a devilish practice, due to the growing civilized societies in the late 16th century.

Din's community was among the many others in the western coast and so fell under the closed magic jurisdiction. What many failed to understand was that these sorcerers were the protectors of this realms, because they all had different gods whom they thought were their original keepers.

"We've done this before my love, why the sudden restraint?" Din queried as he moved closer to Abena who quickly retreated.
"If you really loved me you'll understand that it's improper to have sexual intercourse before marriage, Abena said in an heartbroken expression. "I don't even know if you'll marry me at last."

A sudden sour feeling was felt by Din as he heard the last statement from Abena. His powers suddenly quickened as a branch of the nearest mango tree fell with a loud thud!!!
"What is that!!!! Abena screamed in fear. we will soon be caught by some lousy villagers, let's go home now before word gets to my father".
"Nobody will notice us here i promise" Din swore with a smirk on his face.
"What are you saying Din? Abena frowned...or are you a now a magician??"
Din burst into a fit of laughter but Abena used her hand to cover his mouth.
"My love you're right, we should part but promise me you'll never repeat such marriage statement again..Din said as he held her hand..."I love you so very much and you will surely become my wife..
"Ok I promise! As the two lovers shared a hug and went their separate ways.

On his way home, Din began to ponder on the question Abena asked him, if he was a magician. He felt very sad in his heart because he has never held any secret from Abena and his heart yearned to tell her and perform wonderful tricks to make her laugh. But he couldn't because his bloodline was among the few surviving in the west coast of Africa and he had been warned on several occasions never to let anyone know of their powers.

"Ouch!!!! He screamed as fruits fell on his when he was passing under an orange tree in his compound. " I need to control my emotions else my power will trigger" he cautioned himself.

1 Like

Re: The Last African Sorcerer by Mrcandlewood(m): 12:03am On Oct 23, 2019
Din! Din!! Din!!!

"Yes father" Din replied and ran to meet him.
"I have a very important information to share with you as you're the one that inherited the magic gene from our bloodline. "What is it father, tell me" Din said with curiosity I his eyes.
"There is word that the European sorcerers are about to adjust time and launch a new age across the world"
"Father you know ages come and go why is this particular one bothering you??" Din asked in confusion.
His father sat upright and stared at the sky for a very long time, then he nodded his head and said..."My son, I know ages come and goes but this is not the period of a new age as this present age hasn't exhausted. This generation of European sorcerers said they're tired of waiting and wants to use magic to adjust our world.

"Well, it'll be almost impossible to battle nature as it'll require a lot of magic to be able to do that.. no one in their right mind would attempt such a dangerous process." Din said in confidence.

"Fill my cup with water son"
"Ok father lemme get water from inside"
"No I want you to use your abilities" his father replied.
Din looked at him for a moment, then he slowly waved his hand across the cup and water filled it.
"That very good my son, what you have just done is using your abilities to help which is a good thing.
"Forgive me father but am still not getting the point
"There are two forms of everything, the fast and the slow, the hot and the cold, the good and the bad. Our world is built on a great percentage of natural good but that doesn't mean they're no bad things."
He took the cup of water and drank it, then he continued.
"As long as there is good magic, there will always be bad magic. Which is known as Dark magic!

"Is dark magic more powerful than good magic? Din asked in fear and confusion

"No it is not! But dark magic comes with an inner corruption and a great sacrifice to fufil inept desires that are considered immoral.

"So you're saying with dark magic, those Europeans can alter nature and launch a new age?? What about the great sacrifice, don't they care about it?

"It's possible my son. A powerful combination of dark magic across three continents is enough to alter nature and launch a new age, but they don't care about the sacrifice."

"What do we now do father? Din began to tremble.
"They need African sorcerers to complete the task but we have already rejected the offer. Those people are determined and we're afraid they may find a way do it without our help! Many european princes and emperors have already bought into the idea. The great Congolese magicians are on a spell to lock Africa from their reach, incase they attempt it.

"What now happens to us Father, when we are locked away from the rest of the world??

"We're going to allow nature launch a new age by itself and ensure the european new age doesn't get to us too."

"Father we're strong, we're Africans, let's challenge these sorcerers and stop them from inflicting nature with injuries. Din stood up bodly in anger

"No my son! The transition from good to bad magic is very fragile and requires just a little flick to proceed to the latter, we'll be indirectly giving them what they need if we fight them. Because it may turn dirty and dark magic is dirty."

"And another thing... watch your emotions, that orange tree was my favorite."

Din smiled and responded.. "Yes father, I will."

1 Like

Re: The Last African Sorcerer by TheSourcerer: 2:06am On Oct 23, 2019
Good one man , I'm following
Re: The Last African Sorcerer by Mrcandlewood(m): 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2019
*Updated*

Din laid on his bed, he kept on pondering on what his father told him. He couldn't sleep, he kept thinking about the consequences of using heavy dark magic to change the age inappropriately. He had heard stories of how dangerous dark magic is, and how it requires a lot of blood to be effective. He knew the European socerers were not going to pay for the sacrifice but common european folks who no business with it. If little use of dark magic could cause serious destructions accidents and wild fire in various cities which are always considered as accidents, imagine if they pull that kind of big sorcery.
At the same time, he had to imagine what the new age will look like, what kind of development will it usher in. Will people be able to fly, cross the continents on foot or introduce new kinds of foods?
The previous age was filled with powerful empires and Kingdoms which conquered a vast portion of the world. Sorcerers often work under the King or Emperors, but today sorcerers are independent and often protect their home cities.

Din strolled along the streets very early in the morning, he wanted to go the farm and harvest products against the evening mealtime. His heart leaped with joy as he passed Abena's compound even if she wasn't at there that morning.

"What if I call her through my heart? He thought, "No I shouldn't use magic in open he considered.
"But you really wanna see her don't you?" His mind queried.
"Yes, but I have to be very caref...
"Oh!!! Someone screamed in anger
Din tried to hold his balance as he collided with someone.

"Watch where you're going mister!" she said from the ground
"Am sorry..are you not Abena's friend, Tese??
"Of course I know who you are Din, now can you wipe me clean?!!
"You're clean already Tese," Din said
"How is this possible? I was rolling on the ground a minute ago with dirt all over me. Tese exclaimed in confusion

"Maybe your mind was just playing tricks on you Tese"
"No! I know what I saw, but am not really sure.
"Where is Abena Tese, I haven't seen her this morning" Din inquired
"Didn't you just pass her family house some minutes ago why didn't you ask her father yourself?

Din was utterly confused at the sad tone Tese was using so he had to continue his journey to the farm. Tese stood there and watched him disappear through the bush track.
"What a strong and handsome man, Din is" She cried.."Abena is really lucky to have him, she frowned.

Tese was Abena's bestfriend and the two of them did a lot of things together and shared a lot of secrets. Tese had a huge crush on Din since they first met, but he watched him fall in love with Abena instead. She tried as much as possible to be calm around him but the love had blossomed into a hatred for Din. He wished Din could leave Abena, so she could also feel what she felt. She was the one who planted the marriage thought into Abena's head and left the poor girl confused in Love.

"You can come out now Abena" Tese said
The leaves in the bush rustled and Abena slowly emerged from it.
"Are you sure am doing the right thing Tese?
"Of course you are. You shouldn't make yourself available to him all the times, sometimes you have give him gap. I also have other tests to run on him, you know you're my friend and I want the best for you.

"That's right Tese, but what if he deserts me??" Abena asked in fear.

"I wish he could" Tese said in her heart

"He won't, even if he does, that means he didn't truly love you." She replied pretentiously. This men are dangerous, they can love you all you want and still break your heart. You need to get a firm grip on him so you want be replaced."

"You're very wise Tese" Abena shook her head, "how do you know all this things?"

Tese laughed short and then said, "I think you should be paying me for all this wisdom"

"You'll be the richest lady in the west, if that happened" Abena smiled.
Re: The Last African Sorcerer by Mrcandlewood(m): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2019
TheSourcerer:
Good one man , I'm following
Thanks man
Re: The Last African Sorcerer by 198800Mam(m): 12:10pm On Oct 27, 2019
GUD AND INTERESTING STORY WE NID UPDATE KIP IT COMING

(1) (Reply)

John Donne's Works / She came, she saw and she conquered / Chioma The Village Girl (Episode 21)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.