Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole (1713 Views)

2023: Peter Obi Vows To Dismantle Political Structure That Impoverished Nigeria / New York Judge Orders 10 US Banks To Release Documents Relating To The Jonathans / President Goodluck Jonathans Tweets Condemning The Coup In Gabon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by nairalandankrah: 8:08am On Oct 23, 2019
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, has expressed President Muhammadu Buhari's determination to accelerate economic growth with a view to meeting the needs of Nigerians in his second term in office.

In a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Simon Ebegbulem, on Tuesday, Oshiomhole said this when a delegation from the Vietnamese Government paid him a courtesy in Abuja.

The delegation was led by His Excellency, Nguyen Hai Ninh, the Deputy Chief of Office of the Central Committee of the Communist
According to him, to achieve this, the APC led Federal Government is reviving our textile industry.

"The idea is to work towards taking advantage of comparative advantage in this sector in order to help provide jobs to the over 200 million of our population," Oshiomhole said.

According to him, Buhari is in a hurry to provide jobs to unemployed Nigerians as well as accelerate the growth of the economy.

"It is as a result of this that the APC led administration is fighting corruption vigorously for our commonwealth not to be concentrated in the hands of a few, but that of the majority.

"With a population of 200 million, we have the advantage of a huge market, but we also have a huge challenge of ensuring economic growth that will make that 200 million person comfortable.

"Before the coming of Buhari, we missed lots of opportunities," he said.

Oshiomhole said that the country had challenges in power supply and security, adding that the President was fighting corruption to preventing few people from taking the wealth meant for the nation.

"Nigerians voted overwhelmingly for our President, so we are going to take advantage of the second term to ensure that we accelerate economic growth for us to meet the needs of our people.

"Right now, we are focusing on ensuring that we have a power supply. Vietnam has a strong textile industry and you have an international market, so I am glad to know about that.

"I am particularly keen on this because I work in the textile factory before and I think that there are one or two things we can learn from your experience because we are on the verge of reviving our textile industry which will help us create jobs," he said.

Oshiomhole commended the Vietnamese Government for backing Nigeria in its bid for the Presidency of the United Nations General Assembly.

He said that the countries would continue to deepen relationships in areas of trade and investment for the benefit of the two countries.

Earlier, Hai Nin said the visit was to establish official relationship between the APC led government and the communist party of Vietnam.

He solicited the assistance of Nigeria in settling the crisis between Vietnam and China over the disputed South China sea, urging Nigeria to insist that the dispute be settled according to the UN
https://allafrica.com/stories/201910230024.html
Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by galadima77(m): 8:09am On Oct 23, 2019
Hmmm... na only God fit punish some people sha.

Saint Oshiomole has spoken!

9 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:10am On Oct 23, 2019
Crazyy lots, all of una

4 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by risos(m): 8:13am On Oct 23, 2019
Ironically you thrived under his government.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 23, 2019
I smell lies.
Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by jarawa: 8:15am On Oct 23, 2019
Oshio baba
Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by BuhariAdvocate: 8:17am On Oct 23, 2019
Not only Jonathan impoverished Nigerians he only contributed immensely. Nigerians oppressor began the day that bastard called Aguiyi ironsi introduced unitary system of government Because of the benefits of his people. I swear not this country igbo folk will be president.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by nairalandankrah: 8:26am On Oct 23, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Not only Jonathan impoverished Nigerians he only contributed immensely. Nigerians oppressor began the day that bastard called Aguiyi ironsi introduced unitary system of government Because of the benefits of his people. I swear not this country igbo folk will be president.
My dear, am still trying to understand what you are yapping

9 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by helinues: 8:27am On Oct 23, 2019
kiss

Obaseki go soon do you that things

4 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by kapelvej: 8:28am On Oct 23, 2019
Silly man

3 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by Vulcanheph(m): 8:29am On Oct 23, 2019
I laugh when apc members will start throwing blame at pdp government and some Zombies will Nod in agreement......Forgetin that 30-40 percent of apc members were either former pdp members or had positions during their administration, even the Baboon talking was a governor during Jonathan's administration.....Before You Quote me just know that i Hate both parties

5 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by TUANKU(m): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2019
Yes that is true. It is also true that Buhari's government doubled those figures in less than 4 years.
Stupid hypocrite.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 23, 2019
Both Jonathan and Buharis government were run by thieves in high places.

Both government are criminally minded.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by Frankiss44(m): 9:01am On Oct 23, 2019
If you listen to thee fools, you think Nigeria was a paradise just before Jonathan came onboard

Mad people everywhere...

4 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by Cyberterror: 9:11am On Oct 23, 2019
Jonathan is father of corruption in Nigeria but hardship was not rife when he was president like under buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by aolawale025: 9:13am On Oct 23, 2019
Here we go again. Yet under him rice was #6000 for a bag

4 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by GoldChest(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2019
An idiot on the loose yet again
Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 23, 2019
Has Jonathan started tormenting him in his sleep again?cheesy
Lol cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by Johnnyessence(m): 9:24am On Oct 23, 2019
nairalandankrah:

The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, has expressed President Muhammadu Buhari's determination to accelerate economic growth with a view to meeting the needs of Nigerians in his second term in office.

In a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Simon Ebegbulem, on Tuesday, Oshiomhole said this when a delegation from the Vietnamese Government paid him a courtesy in Abuja.

The delegation was led by His Excellency, Nguyen Hai Ninh, the Deputy Chief of Office of the Central Committee of the Communist
According to him, to achieve this, the APC led Federal Government is reviving our textile industry.

"The idea is to work towards taking advantage of comparative advantage in this sector in order to help provide jobs to the over 200 million of our population," Oshiomhole said.

According to him, Buhari is in a hurry to provide jobs to unemployed Nigerians as well as accelerate the growth of the economy.

"It is as a result of this that the APC led administration is fighting corruption vigorously for our commonwealth not to be concentrated in the hands of a few, but that of the majority.

"With a population of 200 million, we have the advantage of a huge market, but we also have a huge challenge of ensuring economic growth that will make that 200 million person comfortable.

"Before the coming of Buhari, we missed lots of opportunities," he said.

Oshiomhole said that the country had challenges in power supply and security, adding that the President was fighting corruption to preventing few people from taking the wealth meant for the nation.

"Nigerians voted overwhelmingly for our President, so we are going to take advantage of the second term to ensure that we accelerate economic growth for us to meet the needs of our people.

"Right now, we are focusing on ensuring that we have a power supply. Vietnam has a strong textile industry and you have an international market, so I am glad to know about that.

"I am particularly keen on this because I work in the textile factory before and I think that there are one or two things we can learn from your experience because we are on the verge of reviving our textile industry which will help us create jobs," he said.

Oshiomhole commended the Vietnamese Government for backing Nigeria in its bid for the Presidency of the United Nations General Assembly.

He said that the countries would continue to deepen relationships in areas of trade and investment for the benefit of the two countries.

Earlier, Hai Nin said the visit was to establish official relationship between the APC led government and the communist party of Vietnam.

He solicited the assistance of Nigeria in settling the crisis between Vietnam and China over the disputed South China sea, urging Nigeria to insist that the dispute be settled according to the UN
https://allafrica.com/stories/201910230024.html
that's clueless kwashiorkor mouth will keep on destroying Apc the more in both Niger delta and Nigeria as a whole.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by Johnnyessence(m): 9:26am On Oct 23, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
if they become the president at the end of the day, change your tribe. I'm supporting igbo presidency in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by BuhariAdvocate: 9:35am On Oct 23, 2019
Of course I know you are igbo boy staying in osogbo selling plantain chips at gbonga ife Expressway. I wonder why you are ashamed to reveal your identity on here.
Johnnyessence:
if they become the president at the end of the day, change your tribe. I'm supporting igbo presidency in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by Johnnyessence(m): 9:38am On Oct 23, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Of course I know you are igbo boy staying in osogbo selling plantain chips at gbonga ife Expressway. I wonder why you are ashamed to reveal your identity on here.
it's time for igbo presidency in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by UniQue84: 9:43am On Oct 23, 2019
But when will this Blame game stop sef
Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by soke02(m): 9:49am On Oct 23, 2019
Was ur own government better off as a governor in wdo as well

3 Likes

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by thundafire: 10:52am On Oct 23, 2019
So till now the haven't forgotten abt GEJ anyway DNT look back and c who is talking cs dey do envy u

1 Like

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by sweetonugbu: 11:10am On Oct 23, 2019
Anu mpama

1 Like

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 23, 2019
Why don't mynd44 ban BuhariAdvocate?
That comment was insensitive

1 Like

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by FarahAideed: 11:35am On Oct 23, 2019
If Jonathan impoverished Nigerians why are are there more people under Buhari today than there was under Jonathan , why did Jonathan govt have a boisterous middle class and Buhari doesn't , why is the number of poor people on a steady increase under Buhari despite Buhari being in office for 5 years !!!!! Why has the Buhari govt stopped the NBS from relaleasing quarterly report on unemployment ..

For this of you stupid to believe this man called Oshiomole remember under Jonathan most workers could afford brand new cars from Toyota , Kia and Hyundai but today what workers can afford is not even Tokunboh but outright accidented cars . .. remember that under Jonathan Nigeria was the third fastest growing economy in the world but today it the world poverty capital .Remember the minimum wage under Jonathan was $112 but under Buhari it's $82..Remember that under Jonathan inflation was single digits but under Buhari it has been consistently double digits ...Remember bag of rice under Jonathan was 8 thousand but under Buhari it's 20 thousand !!!!

Nigerian with my above points use your church mind and tell me who has actually impoverished you more between Buhari and Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Jonathans Government Impoverished Millions Of Nigerians-- Oshiomole by nairalandankrah: 1:22pm On Oct 23, 2019
apc always looking for who to blame

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Prominent Politicians Buhari Has Reduced To Bloggers / Supreme Court Decision In: Hope Vs Ihedioha Salient Areas Of Evidence Of Pw54 / 50-year-old Woman Beheaded By A Ritualist Who Claims He Was Sent By A Prophetess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.