Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? (3523 Views)

2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group / Yoruba Men♥ / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2010
We've heard that Yoruba men are ugly, Yoruba men practice polygamy, Yoruba men wear this and that. . . . this mostly said by men of other tribes in Nigeria.

But why is it that Yoruba men can get any woman they want? Why are they loved by women every tribe?

This thread is not a bragging right, but some people need to think about this and why Yoruba men are taking their women. Instead of piling dirt of insults on Yoruba men, why not emulate them?

Increase rate of marriages between Yoruba men/Igbo, Yoruba/edo, Yoruba/non-nigerian women etc. Is it because they have the "swagga" or because other women loff our culture?

Is it because they're the most endowed? ==> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-227982.0.html

Is it because they're "promiscuous"? ===> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-230292.0.html

FACT remains; They're the most wanted by women, yet thee most hated by men. Something to reflect on wink
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by chyz1: 7:26pm On Nov 10, 2010
It seems as though Wily+Wily has really got to you. tongue
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2010
chyz1:

Honey, with those threads, I wasnt trying to target willy+willy or NL. There's a bigger web out there and many viewers grin If you know what I mean wink wink

But seriously tho. . . .I've noticed this, even on NL grin grin You have women clmaoring for Yoruba men, but men hating on them. Na why?
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by chyz1: 7:59pm On Nov 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Honey, with those threads, I wasnt trying to target willy+willy or NL. There's a bigger web out there and many viewers grin If you know what I mean wink wink

But seriously tho. . . .I've noticed this, even on NL grin grin You have women clmaoring for Yoruba men, but men hating on them. Na why?

I've not noticed that. I don't see men hating on yoruba but I always see yoruba men hating on Igbo men every second. Every step I take, every move I make, every sin-gle day, i know u know that song. why I they threated by us or something?
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2010
chyz1:

I've not noticed that. I don't see men hating on yoruba but I always see yoruba men hating on Igbo men every second. Every step I take, every move I make, every sin-gle day, i know u know that song. why I they threated by us or something?

While I see the hating on yoruba men. I'll let them defend themselves grin

This is not only about igbo men hating on yoruba men or vice versa, this is abt general hate on yoruba men. Yet they still seem to be getting any woman they want. Even hausa women dey halla grin
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by chyz1: 8:09pm On Nov 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

While I see the hating on yoruba men. I'll let them defend themselves grin

This is not only about igbo men hating on yoruba men or vice versa, this is abt general hate on yoruba men. Yet they still seem to be getting any woman they want. Even hausa women dey halla grin

maybe you are talking about yorubaland,more specifically lagos because i've not noticed it.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2010
chyz1:

maybe you are talking about yorubaland,more specifically lagos because i've not noticed it.

My dear, a lot of mixed tribe offsprings on NL lived in yorubaland like abeokuta and non-yoruba land like delta state.

We can say that most mixed tribes occurs in Lagos, but not all wink

And same thing happens out of Nigeria too, so let's forget the Lagos thing, that's what we hear on Nl by those trying to admit what "it is" lol
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by chyz1: 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

My dear, a lot of mixed tribe offsprings on NL lived in yorubaland like abeokuta and non-yoruba land like delta state.

We can say that most mixed tribes occurs in Lagos, but not all wink

And same thing happens out of Nigeria too, so let's forget the Lagos thing, that's what we hear on Nl by those trying to admit what "it is" lol

i'm still not getting where the yoruba man equation comes in. After that last comment by Wily+Wily you have really gone haywire.Its like u're trying to help boost the confidence of yorubas.Not a good look.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2010
chyz1:

i'm still not getting where the yoruba man equation comes in. After that last comment by Wily+Wily you have really gone haywire.Its like u're trying to help boost the confidence of yorubas.Not a good look.

I already told ya that nairaland is not my main concern. We can discuss this over a cup of tea.
As if yorubs don't already suffer from over confidene grin even a non nigerian knows that

Question still remains; what do yoruba men have that makes women go gaga for them?
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by molank(f): 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2010
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by molank(f): 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2010
chyz1:

I disagree cuz yoruba guys dont hate dey just like to yab people but it isnt malicious more jokingly but other guys say things about yoruba guyz out of anger or jealousy.

@post I dont think theres anything that special about yoruba guyz but dey r really cool and calm and like to have fun maybe thats what people see in them.  My dad is yoruba and boyyy does he like to joke and some ladies take it as hes flirting with them.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 10, 2010
^^^ First 3 posts on all my thread? Should I check out your IP?

But you're right. . . . Yorubas men are humorous, more calm and relaxed. They take a lot of things as a joke but when angry. . . . shocked shocked shocked
It's easy to get accustomed and comfortable with them.

Not saying such characteristics are only found within the Yoruba male , but it IS found more commonly amongst their group.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by kech(f): 10:44am On Nov 12, 2010
@OP, I don't really think it's about Yoruba men "getting any woman they want". Out of all the tribes in Nigeria, Yoruba men are the most accommodating of girls from other tribes/countries when it comes to a relationship. Also, there is a higher percentage of a relationship between a Yoruba man and a girl from another tribe/country ending in marriage as opposed to a man from another tribe. Most men from other tribes tend to stick to their own. That's not to say some of them are not accommodating. Yoruba men are just more liberal.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by InkedNerd(f): 11:10am On Nov 12, 2010
chyz1:

lol lol lol lol grin

Ileke-IdI:

We've heard that Yoruba men are ugly, Yoruba men practice polygamy, Yoruba men wear this and that. . . . this mostly said by men of other tribes in Nigeria.

But why is it that Yoruba men can get any woman they want? Why are they loved by women every tribe?

This thread is not a bragging right, but some people need to think about this and why Yoruba men are taking their women. Instead of piling dirt of insults on Yoruba men, why not emulate them?

Increase rate of marriages between Yoruba men/Igbo, Yoruba/edo, Yoruba/non-nigerian women etc. Is it because they have the "swagga" or because other women loff our culture?

Is it because they're the most endowed? ==> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-227982.0.html

Is it because they're "promiscuous"? ===> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-230292.0.html

FACT remains; They're the most wanted by women, yet thee most hated by men. Something to reflect on wink

I'm not tryin' to rain on your parade or anything but this is a matter of opinion rather than fact.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by excanny: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2010
he he he. Yoruba chicks trying to boost the confidence of their males.

Interesting!

*Yoruba women are truly manly. I like that*
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by InkedNerd(f): 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2010
excanny:

he he he. Yoruba chicks trying to boost the confidence of their males.

Interesting!

*Yoruba women are truly manly. I like that*

looooooool
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2010
kech:

@OP, I don't really think it's about Yoruba men "getting any woman they want". Out of all the tribes in Nigeria, Yoruba men are the most accommodating of girls from other tribes/countries when it comes to a relationship. Also, there is a higher percentage of a relationship between a Yoruba man and a girl from another tribe/country ending in marriage as opposed to a man from another tribe. Most men from other tribes tend to stick to their own. That's not to say some of them are not accommodating. Yoruba men are just more liberal.

In all honesty, I agree with you wink

@Ink
Most statements with "most" are usually opinions.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by InkedNerd(f): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

In all honesty, I agree with you wink

@Ink
Most statements with "most" are usually opinions.

Hmmm, sometime. If you had info to back up what you said I would have went with it but since there isn't I have to believe that its an opinion.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 12, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Hmmm, sometime. If you had info to back up what you said I would have went with it but since there isn't I have to believe that its an opinion.

Yeeeppp. wink
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by excanny: 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2010
kech:

Quit talking crap.

What research did you conduct? And where are your statistics? Do you know the amount of foreign women married by other Nigerian men?

Simply state that it's your personal opinion, like the OP is doing(which is quite different from the fact), and STOP spreading misinformation.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by bawomolo(m): 1:49am On Nov 13, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

whatup. i saw your message. hope you are doing well.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by amor4ce(m): 8:05am On Nov 15, 2010
If Yoruba men are wanted so, then I guess it is woe to that man who instead of focussing on spiritual development and aligning his ori with the divine decides instead to use his gifts to soil his spirit. It would be better for Yoruba men to have clean and strong ori, and use the opportunities presented to interact with others to share knowledge accordingly and guide others.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by titsqueez(m): 12:02am On Nov 16, 2010
they normally shyte where they sleep. they have a kinda romance with their excreta
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by kech(f): 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2010
excanny:

Quit talking crap.

What research did you conduct? And where are your statistics? Do you know the amount of foreign women married by other Nigerian men?

Simply state that it's your personal opinion, like the OP is doing(which is quite different from the fact), and STOP spreading misinformation.

Knock yourself out honey.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by DapoBear(m): 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2010
This is always a tough sort of thing to answer without data or whatever, it is just hearsay.

But with that said, I've noticed we do pretty well. Not just among Nigerians, but among all types of women. I see too many married couples or dating couples here in the US where the man in Yoruba and the woman is something else (usually Igbo, AA, or white.) And it isn't as if the girls are scrubs either, some of these chicks are phenomenal. If Igbo/other Nigerian, will be very pretty. If AA, a prototypical long-haired redbone. If white, some sort of leggy blonde volleyball chick with a great body.

Who knows what the reason is, though. I've noticed here in the US that we do a very good job of fitting into all cultures. We know how to make white people, black people, and Nigerians feel comfortable around us. Maybe this ability translates into attracting women?

I don't know. Sometimes you just count your blessings without questioning why you have them  cool

With all that said, we have love for Yoruba girls too. Just the pressure when dating a Yoruba girl is more  undecided My parents get too into it and emotionally invested when it is a Yoruba girl they like. I don't necessarily want that sort of pressure at this stage in my life.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by fstranger: 6:28pm On Nov 16, 2010
DapoBear:

This is always a tough sort of thing to answer without data or whatever, it is just hearsay.
But with that said, I've noticed we do pretty well. Not just among Nigerians, but among all types of women. I see too many married couples or dating couples here in the US where the man in Yoruba and the woman is something else (usually Igbo, AA, or white.) And it isn't as if the girls are scrubs either, some of these chicks are phenomenal. If Igbo/other Nigerian, will be very pretty. If AA, a prototypical long-haired redbone. If white, some sort of leggy blonde volleyball chick with a great body.
Who knows what the reason is, though. I've noticed here in the US that we do a very good job of fitting into all cultures. We know how to make white people, black people, and Nigerians feel comfortable around us. Maybe this ability translates into attracting women?
I don't know. Sometimes you just count your blessings without questioning why you have them cool
With all that said, we have love for Yoruba girls too. Just the pressure when dating a Yoruba girl is more undecided My parents get too into it and emotionally invested when it is a Yoruba girl they like. I don't necessarily want that sort of pressure at this stage in my life.
Ki la wa seeeee, sejo lawa faye gbo, kii lawa seee, se bi AYE LA JE NI BI, eba fi yen le, K e je A'JAYE ORI nibi, Ki la wa se. . . . . , .
Anyway, you are very spot on. Everyone likes us!
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by excanny: 6:42am On Nov 17, 2010
kech:

Knock yourself out honey.

Back at you.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 17, 2010
fstranger:

Ki la wa seeeee, sejo lawa faye gbo, kii lawa seee, se bi AYE LA JE NI BI, eba fi yen le, K e je A'JAYE ORI nibi, Ki la wa se. . . . . , .
Anyway, you are very spot on. Everyone likes us!

hehehehe grin grin
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by DapoBear(m): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2010
My ability to read Yoruba is terrible sad

I need to fix this situation someday soon
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 17, 2010
DapoBear:

My ability to read Yoruba is terrible sad

I need to fix this situation someday soon

Fix fix fix it.

I took two semesters of Yoruba classes at my uni. Helpeddd, I even have a Yoruba dictionary [my prof bought it for me]. grin

Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by DapoBear(m): 7:10am On Nov 17, 2010
^-- I've decided to download the audio version of the Bible in Yoruba (http://www.yorubabible.com/). Kill two birds with one stone, strengthen my belief and my language grin

I'll put this in my iPod and listen to it when at the gym tomorrow.
Re: Can One Say That Yoruba Men Are The Most Wanted In Nigeria Nd Outside Of Nga? by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 17, 2010
DapoBear:

^-- I've decided to download the audio version of the Bible in Yoruba (http://www.yorubabible.com/). Kill two birds with one stone, strengthen my belief and my language grin

I'll put this in my iPod and listen to it when at the gym tomorrow.

Thanks for the site, I just downloaded it too.

If you have any more Yoruba sites to share. . . . post it abeg grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abiku And Emere; How Pregnant Women Can Avoid Them The Yoruba Perspective / Osole Owo / 9 Extreme Body Modifications You Can Blame On Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.