Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,381 members, 7,861,052 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:22 PM

Can The Bible Can Help Find Joy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Bible Can Help Find Joy? (700 Views)

Ways Bible Can Make You Run Mad / What Verse Of Bible Can I Read? / Back To The Bible #can Christians Be United In Doctrine# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Bible Can Help Find Joy? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2010
FOR much of her life, Lena has struggled with negative feelings about herself. “Years of sexual abuse during my childhood killed a big part of my self-respect,” she said. “I felt that I was completely useless.” Simone too looks back on her youth and says, “Deep within me there was a void and the belief that I wasn’t worth much.” The profound unhappiness that results from such feelings seems to be widespread today. One telephone counseling service for teenagers says that almost half of their callers express “persistent feelings of low self-value.” Can the Bible help?
Re: Can The Bible Can Help Find Joy? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2010
ydass:

FOR much of her life, Lena has struggled with negative feelings about herself. “Years of sexual abuse during my childhood killed a big part of my self-respect,” she said. “I felt that I was completely useless.” Simone too looks back on her youth and says, “Deep within me there was a void and the belief that I wasn’t worth much.” The profound unhappiness that results from such feelings seems to be widespread today. One telephone counseling service for teenagers says that almost half of their callers express “persistent feelings of low self-value.” Can the Bible help?
Re: Can The Bible Can Help Find Joy? by Image123(m): 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2010
Yes, the Bible can help. Psalm 16 tells us that in God's presence there's fullness of JOY and everlasting pleasures. All humans should move closer to God, He's the source of true and lasting joy.
Re: Can The Bible Can Help Find Joy? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2010
As long as you steer clear of the bloodthirsty exploits of the bible god in the OT. wink
Image123:

Yes, the Bible can help. Psalm 16 tells us that in God's presence there's fullness of JOY and everlasting pleasures.

As long as you do not mean the jewish bible god. . .
Image123:

All humans should move closer to God, He's the source of true and lasting joy.
Re: Can The Bible Can Help Find Joy? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2010
The Bible sets out principles and practical advice that can help you overcome negative feelings and find true joy. THOUGH not a medical manual, the Bible does comment on the effect that emotions—positive or negative—can have on a person’s mental and physical health. “A heart that is joyful does good as a curer,” says the Bible, “but a spirit that is stricken makes the bones dry.” Further, we read: “Have you shown yourself discouraged in the day of distress? Your power will be scanty.” (Proverbs 17:22; 24:10) Feelings of discouragement can sap our energy, making us feel weak and vulnerable with no desire to change or to seek help.

(1) (Reply)

Would I Have Been Forgiven?please Help / 3 Creative Principles Of The Human Spirit / Power In The Ark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.