Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,973 members, 7,828,441 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ (9600 Views)

Obi: Africa Must Change Her Leadership Tradition Style For The Youths' Sake / Osinbajo: Africa Must Collaborate Globally To Gain From International Taxation / Aisha Buhari: 'There Is No Pillow In Aso Rock, I Can’t Be Stopped From Talking' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 24, 2019
Astark:
lol these Nigerians that never left their shithole always making mouth.

The following countries are better than Nigeria.
South Africa
Egypt
Tunisia
Algeria
Libya
Rwanda
Botswana
Kenya
Ghana
Seychelles

You forgot

Morocco
Mauritius

Man even Ethiopia is getting there

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 24, 2019
princemillla:
Someone Wil just wake up and start typing for social media sake.

Infact all the country is beter than Nigeria is that's the hype.

Our politicians should be ashamed I swear, with all the billions incurred as salary and incentives yet little or nothing had been achieved as a nation.

Soon, we Wil be compare to Sudan and Libya, cuuz other African countries are moving forward.

Libya is still doing good despide the political uncertainty, never compare nigeria with libya NEVER

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by princemillla(m): 8:14am On Oct 24, 2019
Austine1212:

Libya is still doing good despide the political uncertainty, never compare nigeria with libya NEVER

I talk am. Nija which way

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by jom28gy(m): 8:27am On Oct 24, 2019
Rwanda had gone far, while Nigeria is battling with tribalism, instead of to focus on development.
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by risos(m): 8:57am On Oct 24, 2019
This is the kind of stuff that happens when the people think beyond having there next meal, and the leaders think beyond the next allocation from the federal government.
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by TechExpert(m): 8:58am On Oct 24, 2019
hmmmmm this is serious

Meanwhile, Is your laptop faulty, slow, non functioning or needs upgrade? Do you need I.T Support? dont worry check my signature
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 24, 2019
tert78:
NIGERIANS READ O! READ!

Rwanda had over 50% access to electricity as at the time I left there in 2017 with a target to have 100% access by 2024. If you know Kagame's execution capacity then you know that target date must be achieved.

I was there when they privatised power sector assets and commenced a massive off grid expansion.

I did not have a generator in my house for the 3 years plus that I lived there. Even the generator in my office, (a bank within a large retail centre comprising a major supermarket and line shops etc) was hardly ever put on.

Now, using population difference to put down Rwanda's achievement is ironic. 60-70% of Rwanda's budget is funded by Taxes. If Nigeria could fund 60-70% of its budget through taxes from 200 million people our government will not complain of lack of revenue.

Every business in Rwanda has a Rwanda Revenue Authority electronic billing machine which makes tracking tax compliance easy, thus it is a crime to transact outside this machine.

The 15th and 16th of every month is tax payment day and banking halls spill over with people rushing to meet the deadline. None payment attracts severe penalties.

I hosted the management of Corona Secondary School Agbara when they came to understudy two schools in Rwanda, one public and the other private (the private one is owned by a friend). Corona was chasing a particular international certification of which just a few schools in Africa had... take that in for a moment. Corona, one of the best and elitist schools in Nigeria came to understudy public schools in Rwanda!

I invited Lagos Business School's OMP 22 Class of 2016 to Rwanda to understudy their public institutions. Almost all of them shed tears when they saw the difference. Since then, Rwanda has become part of their study tour.

Rwanda has about 96% universal health coverage and pushing to 100%. To put this in perspective, my driver in Rwanda had health insurance. Universal health coverage in Nigeria is still at 1% of our population.

Government offices mandatorily use 4G and are already preparing mandatorily for 5G, to the extent that video conference meetings is common for even local government councils.
By the way, Kigali is one of the cleanest cities in the world, and by far the cleanest city in Africa. The cleanliness was one of the first things my young daughter noted on her first visit.

Rwandese police use Radar guns to check over speeding. If you are caught breaking the speed limit, you are issued a ticket, your license is confiscated, and you have a limited window to pay the defined fine and collect your licence back at a traffic police office. No stories.

You can register a business and print your certificate of registration online in less than 3 hours. Registration and transfer of land title does not exceed 48 hours.

Other than Mauritius which is a tax haven, Rwanda has consistently led Africa in ease of doing business.

The world knows the difference sef. When my entry level Rwandese staff apply for a US tourist visa, they are given a 10-year multiple entry visa, yet me that have been traveling since 19kpiridim, I never get beyond 2 years multiple entry.

I can go on and on....

Jekwu Ozoemene
This is the kind of Pull-Him-Down mentality that crippled Nigeria, the so called giant of Africa grin

Cc lzaa sarrki gmbuharii afamed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by orisa37: 9:15am On Oct 24, 2019
tert78:
NIGERIANS READ O! READ!

Rwanda had over 50% access to electricity as at the time I left there in 2017 with a target to have 100% access by 2024. If you know Kagame's execution capacity then you know that target date must be achieved.

I was there when they privatised power sector assets and commenced a massive off grid expansion.

I did not have a generator in my house for the 3 years plus that I lived there. Even the generator in my office, (a bank within a large retail centre comprising a major supermarket and line shops etc) was hardly ever put on.

Now, using population difference to put down Rwanda's achievement is ironic. 60-70% of Rwanda's budget is funded by Taxes. If Nigeria could fund 60-70% of its budget through taxes from 200 million people our government will not complain of lack of revenue.

Every business in Rwanda has a Rwanda Revenue Authority electronic billing machine which makes tracking tax compliance easy, thus it is a crime to transact outside this machine.

The 15th and 16th of every month is tax payment day and banking halls spill over with people rushing to meet the deadline. None payment attracts severe penalties.

I hosted the management of Corona Secondary School Agbara when they came to understudy two schools in Rwanda, one public and the other private (the private one is owned by a friend). Corona was chasing a particular international certification of which just a few schools in Africa had... take that in for a moment. Corona, one of the best and elitist schools in Nigeria came to understudy public schools in Rwanda!

I invited Lagos Business School's OMP 22 Class of 2016 to Rwanda to understudy their public institutions. Almost all of them shed tears when they saw the difference. Since then, Rwanda has become part of their study tour.

Rwanda has about 96% universal health coverage and pushing to 100%. To put this in perspective, my driver in Rwanda had health insurance. Universal health coverage in Nigeria is still at 1% of our population.

Government offices mandatorily use 4G and are already preparing mandatorily for 5G, to the extent that video conference meetings is common for even local government councils.
By the way, Kigali is one of the cleanest cities in the world, and by far the cleanest city in Africa. The cleanliness was one of the first things my young daughter noted on her first visit.

Rwandese police use Radar guns to check over speeding. If you are caught breaking the speed limit, you are issued a ticket, your license is confiscated, and you have a limited window to pay the defined fine and collect your licence back at a traffic police office. No stories.

You can register a business and print your certificate of registration online in less than 3 hours. Registration and transfer of land title does not exceed 48 hours.

Other than Mauritius which is a tax haven, Rwanda has consistently led Africa in ease of doing business.

The world knows the difference sef. When my entry level Rwandese staff apply for a US tourist visa, they are given a 10-year multiple entry visa, yet me that have been traveling since 19kpiridim, I never get beyond 2 years multiple entry.

I can go on and on....

Jekwu Ozoemene

Nigeria is a Devil Country.
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by alphaNomega: 12:59pm On Oct 24, 2019
jakezebrax:
Rwanda only began to succeed when they finally allowed the gifted Tutsi tribe (black Jews) to assume power after years of discrimination. Very much like the Igbos, they Hutu and other minority tribes ganged up and massacred over 1 million Tutsi; out of hate they were successful and fear of domination. Same shit they have done and continue to do to Igbos in Nigeria!

Could you fuçking stop associating every bloody thing with Jews?!!! What the fuçk is black Jew? And you could not finish your post without adding Igbo in it. I bet you are one of those nitwits that say Igbos are Jews

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by alphaNomega: 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2019
leofab:
Over hyping of a tiny struggling nation

You have my blessings. Kagame's PR machinery is doing a damn good job. Outside of Kigali (just like Abuja), much of Rwanda is still a shíthole. I have been there

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by alphaNomega: 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2019
allcomage:
We have completely lost it as a country. Take it or leave it.

Calm down Oga. There is something called social media manipulation, don't fall for it.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by alphaNomega: 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2019
Astark:
lol these Nigerians that never left their shithole always making mouth.

The following countries are better than Nigeria.
South Africa
Egypt
Tunisia

[s]Algeria
Libya
Rwanda
Botswana
Kenya
Ghana[/s]
Seychelles

Fixed
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by Resees: 1:18pm On Oct 24, 2019
Beautiful country im going to retire in Rwanda with my family..Already working on buying a house or maybe a land to build on.
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2019
GMbuharii:
Well there are no sophisticated coneheaded structures to vote in demented senile medieval jihadists as president in Rwanda

lzaa immhotep
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by idealogical: 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2019
REPUBLIC OF RWANDA MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE

To date, 51% Rwandan households have access to electricity,

http://www.mininfra.gov.rw/index.php?id=312

From their own government.

I just don't know why these low self-esteem people think they know more about the people of Rwanda than the people of Rwanda and the government of Rwanda.

I see the name of the writer sha, na dem dem as usual.

Hate don do some people serious bodily and mental damage that they make up their own lies and ignorant stories about other countries just to insult and abuse their own country.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by idealogical: 1:43pm On Oct 24, 2019
alphaNomega:

You have my blessings. Kagame's PR machinery is doing a damn good job. Outside of Kigali (just like Abuja), much of Rwanda is still a shíthole. I have been there

Actually outside of the city center, much of the city and the rest of Rwanda is rural and underdeveloped, they don't even have electricity in half of the country, they've never seen electricity before in their life.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by Ojiofor: 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2019
leofab:

A tiny struggling nation is better than a dead or dying giant.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by idealogical: 2:21pm On Oct 24, 2019
Leave Rwanda alone, worry about your own leaders under your own nose.

Look at yourselves and your own shame before trying to rubbish Nigeria.

Your own leaders are part and perpetrators of everything you blame Nigeria for.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by myobjective: 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
ruggedtimi:
In terms of development nigeria is far from rwanda, Ghana our neigbours are doing better. You can hardly see a bad road in ghana, almost 24hrs power supply, one of the best security system in west africa, Education is way better than nigeria's education. I dont know how we nigerians can sleep in a house without light for almost a year and still remain mute.

The question is how many Nigerians can pay for 24hours electricity?

How many Nigerians can pay the tax to developed a world class infrastructure for 200m people, out of which majority are illiterates?

The problem with Nigeria is she grow too big for the meager resources available to her, with over entitled illitrates popupation that believe that she is some kind of Eldorado

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by musicwriter(m): 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Op u are not serious, someone is doing a beautiful job, here u are saying that he should be stopped.

Of course, he's just being sarcastic. Imagine Alibaba, Basket mouth, I go die, etc saying same.
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by musicwriter(m): 6:20pm On Oct 24, 2019
''A nation cannot develop more than the system and standard of education they have.''......... Africason.

Nigeria as a state has already offered the best it could in human capital development, and that ended in 1980 or thereabout. Ever since, Nigeria has been on free fall.

Nigeria as a state has done its best!.

Things will NEVER get better in Nigeria under the current political arrangement. Even a fool should know by now that restructuring or reconfiguration or whatever you call it, should be the right way to go.

Nigeria was perfectly designed to fail. And as minister of transportation, Rotimi Amechi told you all in a leaked audio ''Nigeria will never change.'' Just forget it!.
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by alphaNomega: 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2019
idealogical:

Actually outside of the city center, much of the city and the rest of Rwanda is rural and underdeveloped, they don't even have electricity in half of the country, they've never seen electricity before in their life.

That kind thing, Kagame's hypeman keeping it real cool
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by alphaNomega: 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2019
musicwriter:
''A nation cannot develop more than the system and standard of education they have.''......... Africason.

Nigeria as a state has already offered the best it could in human capital development, and that ended in 1980 or thereabout. Ever since, Nigeria has been on free fall.

Nigeria as a state has done its best!.

Things will NEVER get better in Nigeria under the current political arrangement. Even a fool should know by now that restructuring or reconfiguration or whatever you call it, should be the right way to go.

Nigeria was perfectly designed to fail. And as minister of transportation, Rotimi Amechi told you all in a leaked audio ''Nigeria will never change.'' Just forget it!.

Very few people will agree to this, but it does not make it less true.
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by alphaNomega: 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2019
myobjective:

The question is how many Nigerians can pay for 24hours electricity?

How many Nigerians can pay the tax to developed a world class infrastructure for 200m people, out of which majority are illiterates?

The problem with Nigeria is she grow too big for the meager resources available to her, with over entitled illitrates popupation that believe that she is some kind of Eldorado

Why should an average Nigerian not be able to afford 24 hours electricity if the people are not collectively cursed? I am tired of complaining about this country hence my signature. It is too annoying.
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by SLAP44: 7:03pm On Oct 24, 2019
GMbuharii:
Well there are no sophisticated coneheaded structures to vote in demented senile medieval jihadists as president in Rwanda

lzaa immhotep

grin grin grin

This is seriously serious grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by MPSA(m): 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
Rwanda is really improving, The Giant always compare itself with the Best, The Sad news is: " The Giant is talking without any improvement ", Talking Number One cry
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by myobjective: 7:53pm On Oct 24, 2019
solmusdesigns:
Our Tax to GDP ratio is quite poor

Because majority of Nigerians are in the informal sector of the economy.

Majority are artisans, owns shops, run small scale farms etc. How do you tax market women or men that have no idea what tax is. How do you tax northern local farmers that don't even take their money to the banks.

The bottom line is Nigeira is a very poor country.
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by myobjective: 7:56pm On Oct 24, 2019
alphaNomega:

Why should an average Nigerian not be able to afford 24 hours electricity if the people are not collectively cursed? I am tired of complaining about this country hence my signature. It is too annoying.

Because an average Nigerian have too many children, lack the education needed to create wealth, spend too much of his time to pray and worried about unnecessary thing than to put in the work required.

Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world for a reason
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2019
alphaNomega:

[s]Could you fuçking stop associating every bloody thing with Jews?!!! What the fuçk is black Jew? And you could not finish your post without adding Igbo in it. I bet you are one of those nitwits that say Igbos are Jew[/s]s

Yarriba = unreliable, envious, deceptive and wicked!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by JaceBlaze: 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2019
leofab:
over hyping? you live under a rock?
Re: This Is Why Rwanda Should Be Stopped. They Insulting Giants Of Africa. MUST READ by Khaleell001(m): 10:40pm On Oct 24, 2019
TheTourist:
COULDN'T BE BETTER SAID. 100%

This was sufficiently debunked in a facebook post by a friend with facts.
let's stop playing into Rwanda this Rwanda that.
Facts should speak not sentiments.
We are not saying Rwandas aren't achieving much, but the facts when compared to Nigeria aren't flattering enough.
Open the link below and read with open mind for FACTS(emphasis in the word "facts"wink NOT sentiments.

https://etn24.com/2019/10/is-there-a-problem-with-comparing-nigeria-to-rwanda.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Direct Or Indirect, Tinubu Will Win APC Presidential Primary – SWAGA / Bode George: Throwing PDP Presidential Ticket Open Will Be A Mistake / Ijaw Monitoring Group Wants Sambo Deployed To Borno!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.