Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

C - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / C (5649 Views)

Advice Needed: Reviews On 2005 Toyota Camry (big Daddy) / Can 2million Buy A Good Big Daddy / I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

C by DARLINGTON869(m): 6:53am On Oct 24, 2019
F
Re: C by dennel(m): 6:58am On Oct 24, 2019
DARLINGTON869:
Pls nairalanders, I need urgent advice as I am confused as to what decision to take on this issue.
There is someone that is willing to give me his Camry Big Daddy ( TOKS, very clean with a perfect engine). However, the only issue is d hire purchase price (#3 million).
I had offered an initial hp price of 2.5 million which he regected on the ground that there were other person's ready to take d vehicle for 3 million. He also stated that the reason he would prefer me to have the vehicle is that I am single with little or no responsibility and coupled with the fact that I will maintain the car.
Do you deem it wise I take the vehicle for that amount or I back out.
NOTE: He also rejected another 2.7million offer for the vehicle.

I think you know he’s not doing dt for the sake of love but to enrich his pockets... However, I don’t how much the car cud be valued in an open market but you can just bit it down too* insist on paying 2.8m in the long run...

My piece

1 Like

Re: C by daddytime(m): 7:12am On Oct 24, 2019
Too high...abort..

1 Like

Re: C by homeboy205: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2019
Too high,

You didn’t state the year of the big daddy

3 Likes

Re: C by dotun070: 9:48am On Oct 24, 2019
creditville nig ltd: Vehicle Loan offers,
Auto Lease (Car Loan For Salary Earners),
Corporate Lease (Car loan for corporate body)
Cab Lease (For Uber/Taxify).

With our vehicle Loan offer, you can become a car owner within one week.
For more info
Whatsapp/call : 07030057041
Email: david.ajibola@creditville.ng
Office address: 15 Ola Ayinde Street,
Opp Customs Training College,
Ikeja.

dennel:

I think you know he’s not doing dt for the sake of love but to enrich his pockets... However, I don’t how much the car cud be valued in an open market but you can just bit it down too* insist on paying 2.8m in the long run...

My piece
Re: C by DARLINGTON869(m): 9:52am On Oct 24, 2019
Camry 2005
Re: C by Lexusgs430: 9:56am On Oct 24, 2019
DARLINGTON869:
Pls nairalanders, I need urgent advice as I am confused as to what decision to take on this issue.
There is someone that is willing to give me his Camry Big Daddy ( TOKS, very clean with a perfect engine). However, the only issue is d hire purchase price (#3 million).
I had offered an initial hp price of 2.5 million which he regected on the ground that there were other person's ready to take d vehicle for 3 million. He also stated that the reason he would prefer me to have the vehicle is that I am single with little or no responsibility and coupled with the fact that I will maintain the car.

It would be rejected, because seller knows you love the car too much, to see another buyer snatch it from you........

A seller would always tell you another buyer is interested and offering higher........ To hasten you up to seal the deal..... ..

Stick to your original 2.5m (full and final offer)...... Subject to loads of factors........

Vehicle is almost 15 years...... Have you conducted a VIN check?......
Re: C by dotun070: 10:04am On Oct 24, 2019
creditville nig ltd: Vehicle Loan offers,
Auto Lease (Car Loan For Salary Earners),
Corporate Lease (Car loan for corporate body)
Cab Lease (For Uber/Taxify).

With our vehicle Loan offer, you can become a car owner within one week.
For more info
Whatsapp/call : 07030057041
Email: david.ajibola@creditville.ng
Office address: 15 Ola Ayinde Street,
Opp Customs Training College,
Ikeja.

Lexusgs430:

It would be rejected, because seller knows you love the car too much, to see another buyer snatch it from you........

A seller would always tell you another buyer is interested and offering higher........ To hasten you up to seal the deal..... ..

Stick to your original 2.5m (full and final offer)...... Subject to loads of factors........

Vehicle is almost 15 years...... Have you conducted a VIN check?......
Re: C by DARLINGTON869(m): 11:55am On Oct 24, 2019
I am yet to conduct a VIN check
Re: C by sacx: 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2019
DARLINGTON869:

And you want to drop money? Do that ASAP. Get a competent mechanic to inspect car, scan, and do a test drive. Finish with that before making financial commitment. And 3milliion for that car is almost like buying two of it.

4 Likes

Re: C by timifakay(m): 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2019
DARLINGTON869:

It will end in tears!
Run for your life.

1 Like

Re: C by Bluehill1051: 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
That car is nothing more than 1.5M! Hp price should be 2M max

3 Likes

Re: C by duality(m): 6:32pm On Oct 24, 2019
Bluehill1051:
That car is nothing more than 1.5M! Hp price should be 2M max

Gbam!
Re: C by fabienjoe: 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
N3M! That is almost 100% APR if it's a one-year lease.. That's steep. As someone suggested, N2M maximum! Even then it's still about 33.3% APR, not cheap...To imagine you've gone as high as 2.5M! The world is not fair...those without money ironically pay more for goods and services...
Re: C by DARLINGTON869(m): 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2019
Thanks so much guys. I am grateful for your candid opinion. I will conduct a VIN on the vehicle as suggested.
Re: C by oweniwe(m): 9:54pm On Oct 24, 2019
DARLINGTON869:
Thanks so much guys. I am grateful for your candid opinion. I will conduct a VIN on the vehicle as suggested.

Save and buy car outright.

Why pay over 70% more than market price in the name of hire purchase?

Normal price is 1.5m

Hire purchase 2.5

Extra 1m spent... You just want to throway 1million..

That 1m can buy you another car making 2 cars even land sef

Please have patience, save and buy another car straight... No worries about paying anybody every month

1 Like

Re: C by AutoMoTech(m): 10:17am On Oct 25, 2019
oweniwe:

Save and buy car outright.

Why pay over 70% more than market price in the name of hire purchase?

Normal price is 1.5m

Hire purchase 2.5

Extra 1m spent... You just want to throway 1million..

That 1m can buy you another car making 2 cars even land sef

Please have patience, save and buy another car straight... No worries about paying anybody every month

some how i think the OP is deliberately not seeing the places y'all are telling him the car is too expensive at that price.
@DARLINGTON869 that 2.5 milla hols sir can buy you 2 of that ride.
with 1.5 you'll get a very clean one plus 1 mill in your pocket. pls why are you now seeing all this warning?
Re: C by AutoMoTech(m): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2019
DARLINGTON869:

bros try listen. 2.5 will get you a super clean muscle (MY 2007 TO 2010)... why are you adamant on buying this overpriced vehicle?
except if whatever you are saying is false.

1 Like

Re: C by DARLINGTON869(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2019
Pls you guys should not misunderstand me. I am yet to enter into an agreement with the person. If my offer is accepted, den I will go for it
Re: C by nurey(m): 11:17am On Oct 25, 2019
DARLINGTON869:
Pls you guys should not misunderstand me. I am yet to enter into an agreement with the person. If my offer is accepted, den I will go for it

Do you take Uber as a business or a show off. Honda Civic, Honda City, Kia Rio, Hyundai accent, Nissan sunny, Nissan Sentra, Toyota corolla, Toyota Yaris, Toyota Matrix/Pontiac vibe. All sell around 1m to 1.8 as tokunbo and are gladly accepted by uber, they are cheaper in maintenance than the big daddy and some would not even line you up as an Uber driver in their outward appearance as the Toyota would.

Uber is a business not show off, so leave the nonsense big daddy and go out and sign agreement on what you NEED not what you WANT.

maybe the nonsense 3m big daddy is even a V6 after one month you go come lean like person wey get AIDS grin

13 Likes

Re: C by sheggy01(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2019
I Need A Vehicle On An Hire Purchase Plan

I Am currently interested in the drive to own plan. Hire purchase agreement.

Please connect me to anybody that can help out and d procedures to go through. My details are:

Name: Godwin Joseph
Phone no. : 08166364869
WhatsApp: 08172128877
I will be grateful if my request is granted.
Re: C by AutoMoTech(m): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
[quote author=DARLINGTON869 post=83446221]Pls you guys should not misunderstand me. I am yet to enter into an agreement with the person. If my offer is accepted, den I will go for it[/quote
you are also not understanding us.
3 milllion is too much to buy a 2005 toyota camry on HP.
you say you already have 2.5 million. why not go somewhere else and buy anoda big daddy for 1.5 million and keep your 1 million?

try read and understand bros... na help we dey try help u bros...
Re: C by oweniwe(m): 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
AutoMoTech:

some how i think the OP is deliberately not seeing the places y'all are telling him the car is too expensive at that price.
@DARLINGTON869 that 2.5 milla hols sir can buy you 2 of that ride.
with 1.5 you'll get a very clean one plus 1 mill in your pocket. pls why are you now seeing all this warning?

Some people... Don't know the actual prices of things. They think it's very expensive, whereas, it's cheaper than they thought.

We all have our ignorance in that department sha. Like sometimes ago, I needed to do bulk printing of photo albums. I negotiated with a D.I shop to print at N100 per page only for my cartridge ink service guy to inform me if can be printed at N30 per page of its really big work. Last last, did it @ N20 per page.

Some people buy used dual core laptop for 150k cos they think higher specs cost 300k and above.

Some people don't know the year some cars are manufactured. They just look at fine car with sleek design and conclude it's latest model car. My cousin for example can't different between mercedes and other brands... Car is car to him.

Some will see freshly repainted car with neat interior and say wow... Den just make this motor o.

Those cars that importers drape their seats with nylon are regarded as tear rubber/brand new by some people even if it is 2003 model.

So it's not everybody that knows the actual prices of everything

4 Likes

Re: C by sydneyboss(m): 9:25am On May 03, 2020
AutoMoTech:

bros try listen. 2.5 will get you a super clean muscle (MY 2007 TO 2010)... why are you adamant on buying this overpriced vehicle?
except if whatever you are saying is false.

I wonder how most of you think, how will the OP get 2.5m?? Is it not from the proceeds he get from using this car? If you read well, u will read the point where he had no job, this car will give him a means to survive and u telling him to save , from where pls?

Op should maintain his stands at 2.5

2 Likes

Re: C by slimmoney(m): 9:40am On May 03, 2020
Let's just say some people don't understand what higher purchase means.
sydneyboss:

I wonder how most of you think, how will the OP get 2.5m?? Is it not from the proceeds he get from using this car? If you read well, u will read the point where he had no job, this car will give him a means to survive and u telling him to save , from where pls?

1 Like

Re: C by Lexusgs430: 10:46am On May 03, 2020
DARLINGTON869:

Seller already got you in a position that is to his advantage, and seller is fingering your brains..........
Re: C by Lexusgs430: 10:48am On May 03, 2020
Old thread, but let's enjoy the education, insults, bantering and all other madness...........

1 Like

Re: C by asamwababy: 10:51am On May 03, 2020
Look for a firm that does auto financing and compare rates if you were to take a loan to buy the car or this hire purchase.

I would prefer you walk up to an auto financing firm and get a credit facility and purchase vehicles like what nurey suggested to avoid playing village people on the long run.
Re: C by jaz(m): 11:15am On May 03, 2020
In this economic crisis you'll be a fool to do hp on 2005 Camry big daddy for anything beyond 2million, and that's even if the car is a very clean toks.
Re: C by AutoMoTech(m): 2:17pm On May 03, 2020
sydneyboss:

I'm sure you know You could have made your point without insulting. I made my point. It might sound stupid to you but it was just an advice. Doesn't make me the wisest. Thats why we learn from eachother. And you made a better point which i am convinced with. But why add the insult "how you people think?"
Re: C by sydneyboss(m): 2:53pm On May 03, 2020
AutoMoTech:

I'm sure you know You could have made your point without insulting. I made my point. It might sound stupid to you but it was just an advice. Doesn't make me the wisest. Thats why we learn from eachother. And you made a better point which i am convinced with. But why add the insult "how you people think?"

I'm sorry for my choice of words
Re: C by DGD1(m): 3:05pm On May 03, 2020
DARLINGTON869:
Camry 2005

How much is initial deposit ?

How long are you expected to finish paying off?

To be candid, big daddy is around 1.5/1.6m, HP shouldn't be more than 2.5m

You can go for naija used that is clean and sound, reasoning from business angle, the ease of repayment and short period.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Maintenace Of Mercedes C Class 230 Compressor 2003 Model / Honda City With Modified Camaro Kit / Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.