Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? (9489 Views)

Npower: Do Not Disclose Your ATM Credentials / 4 Harmful Terms In Your Employment Contract / NPOWER Physical Verification, What's The Status In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? by Goldenheart(m): 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
It should be on ur cv na
Re: Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? by Chicastle: 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
Offpoint:
Yeah, so they won't think you're desperate.

If they ask you why you wanna leave, tell them you need a bigger pay check.

No nah bro
Re: Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? by faithfull18(f): 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
Originalsly:

Saying anything would not get you a job in any good company. That shows no filter between your brain and tongue....you're likely to say things that will do damage to the company. Speaking the truth is what one needs to do...not speak anything. On saying you smoke weed.... a weed smoker can be preferred over a cigarette smoker because a cigarette smoker is an addict and will have to be taking frequent breaks to go smoke..... would spend hours per day away from his work if he is a chain smoker. So don't take it to mean the job was there for you anyway... regardless of what you said
A lot of Nigerians prefer being lied to. Infact, you get punished, hated for saying the truth.

That's the reality of the world we live in

2 Likes

Re: Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? by obinnawhyte(m): 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
Toseenlove:

Lol probably the employer might be a stoner too and he has seen the signs either on your lips or thumb lol. So If u had lied, That would have been the end. Stoners hate liers, Hypocrites and snitches. Responsible Stoners are the most honest people In the world.

His statement said She not Him...women smoke weed very well too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? by Originalsly: 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
faithfull18:

A lot of Nigerians prefer being lied to. Infact, you get punished, hated for saying the truth.

That's the reality of the world we live in

In this case.... most likely he got hired for speaking the truth..... the company tired of liars. No doub lies can get you in the door... but kicked out without warning.
Re: Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? by Brethren0001(m): 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
Absolutely true...
emkz:

My brother, no he small thing oh. Even me sef dey ask myself why I was able to pull that stunt. Over-confidence is really key. But one must be careful so as not to be viewed as an idiot. There was another one sef, I talk something to the interviewer, the guy begin dey doubt himself. Me know for my mind say I no even understand wetin I talk.

All in all, na God hand dey arrange these things. I have seen brilliant candidates struggling to get jobs while not-so brilliant ones change jobs because they know how to engage and tap the Grace of God.
Re: Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? by Legendguru: 3:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
No
Re: Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? by molawale: 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2019
it is better to say yes! it shows how experienced you are in the job. Most employers need an experienced worker for every positions. so it will even help you to know how to negotiate for salary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? by wabbyland(m): 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
enough said
Re: Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? by Ajibade123(m): 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
Re: Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? by falzy: 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yeah it is good because that shows your professionalism. I'm a beneficiary of this important response in an interview. When I was asked the reason why I wanted to leave my former work, I said it is because I want to upgrade my work and salary. Then he went ahead to ask when I will be resuming with them, I had to calm and told him that after a month because I want to give a month notice before leaving my former work so that I won't been seen as being desperate then he had to pay me the money for the month of notification that I should resume with immediate effect. Me wey no get job before kon collect salary before starting work grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Important To Disclose Your Employment Status In An Interview? by hannahshepherd: 10:57am On Oct 30, 2019
That`s an interesting theme. If you are a student, I advise you to read the hypocrisy in the crucible and the rest of the work of this author. He writes on difficult topics in a simple language and it is very interesting to read.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Effective Communication Skills In Job Interviews. / Enterprise Bank Calling / Coscharis Group Limited Latest Job Recruitment (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.