Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Why Do Computers Show The Wrong Capacity Of Our Storage Devices? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Do Computers Show The Wrong Capacity Of Our Storage Devices? (738 Views)

Why Do Computers Still Dominate Humans On Chessboard? / Brand New Storage Devices / GET YOUR STORAGE DEVICES AND ALSO UPGRADE YOUR LAPTOP HERE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Computers Show The Wrong Capacity Of Our Storage Devices? by AmehHAS: 10:47am On Oct 24, 2019
Each i time I connect my hard drive or flash drive to my computer, the windows keep showing me a storage capacity lesser than the actual size.

For example, i'm having an hard disk of 1TB but on my computer it says 931GB.

I would really appreciate if anyone could explain to me why this usually occur.

Thanks
Re: Why Do Computers Show The Wrong Capacity Of Our Storage Devices? by fantasticone1(m): 10:53am On Oct 24, 2019
It only showing you the space that is available to you.
Re: Why Do Computers Show The Wrong Capacity Of Our Storage Devices? by AmehHAS: 10:58am On Oct 24, 2019
fantasticone1:
It only showing you the space that is available to you.

what happens to the remaining space?
Re: Why Do Computers Show The Wrong Capacity Of Our Storage Devices? by ibrahimazeez(m): 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2019
AmehHAS:
Each i time I connect my hard drive or flash drive to my computer, the windows keep showing me a storage capacity lesser than the actual size.

For example, i'm having an hard disk of 1TB but on my computer it says 931GB.

I would really appreciate if anyone could explain to me why this usually occur.

Thanks

Because the system use it has already taking it own space mean it it already share to use for temporary file
Which can’t be seen

(1) (Reply)

Clean UK Used Laptops / Dell Inspiron 7520 Motherboard Needed Urgently. / What Are The Steps Of A Youtube SEO?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.