Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Top 5 Online Platforms To Make Money As A Freelancer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 5 Online Platforms To Make Money As A Freelancer (693 Views)

5 Online Businesses With Low Start Up Capital That Can Make You Rich / 5 Online Businesses You Can Start With Low Budget Even If You Are Broke / 5 Online Businesses That MUST Make You Money Without Any Skill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Online Platforms To Make Money As A Freelancer by Daniiola(m): 1:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
Having a second source of income is often the real idea of staying financially stable, there are several platforms that facilitate this method of making money online.

First, what does “Freelancing” mean or rather who is a “Freelancer”?

Freelance, freelancer and freelance worker are terms commonly used for a person who is self-employed and is not necessarily committed to a particular employer long-term

There are several online platforms that are well known for their high volume of freelancing job opportunities;
FIVERR
Fiverr is a very popular Israeli online marketplace for freelance services. Founded in 2010, the company is based in Tel Aviv, Israel, and provides a platform for freelancers to offer services to customers worldwide. It was founded by Micha Kaufman. It boasts of several free-lancing options and this platform happened to be a stop for agencies who need freelance workers like content writers, graphic designers and so much more.

Originally, it is a source for finding low-cost logos and design work Fiverr has since ballooned into a massive freelancing site with plenty of opportunities for hard-working freelancers.

What makes Fiverr different from other sites is that Fiverr is a great source for finding quick, simple work at a relatively low price such as logos, 500-word blog posts, or short whiteboard videos.

Did you think of making more money working online? Then try Fiverr.com

UPWORK
Upwork is a renowned freelancing website. Upwork, formerly known as Elance-oDesk, is a global freelancing platform where businesses and independent professionals connect and collaborate remotely. In 2015, Elance-oDesk was rebranded as Upwork. It is based in Mountain View and San Francisco, California. The full name is Upwork Global Inc.

While Fiverr is the spot for quick, simple work, Upwork is on the other end of the online freelancer job spectrum. It serves more like a “job listing” platform where companies post the job they need to be done and freelancers will bid competitively on such job opening.

FREELANCER
Freelancer is an Australian freelancing marketplace website, which allows employers to post jobs that freelancers can then bid to complete. It was founded in 2009, with its headquarters located in Sydney, Australia, other offices. With freelancers from more 250 countries around the world.

Through their marketplace, employers can readily hire freelancers to do work in areas such as software development, writing, data entry, and design right through to engineering, the sciences, sales and marketing, accounting and legal services.

PeoplePerHour
This platform is a go-to for start-up businesses or SMEs looking to grow flexibly by hiring freelancers to handle projects rather than hiring in-house or via agencies.

One difference Peopleperhour had compared to the other aforementioned freelance platform is that employers pay freelancers a deposit for the commencement of the work then once the freelancer has completed the job and they are satisfied they would pay up the balance unlike other platforms where the client only pays after the job is done and they are satisfied with the job delivery.

NCubeRoot
NCubeRoot, another especial startup hub, and freelance platform, a safe one where freelancers can find a new model to build their success. They have got their own style of working, this makes them unique from other websites. You can pick up projects matching your skills from a large pool of quality filled projects from various fields. The reward will be credited once your project is completed and approved. They keep a good investment plan .If you are a beginner then go ahead!! NCubeRoot is the best one you can have. Professionals get a great way to choose projects that may lighten your career.
In Conclusion, Freelancing is a sure way of getting extra cash legitimately working online.

Re: Top 5 Online Platforms To Make Money As A Freelancer by olorire24(m): 1:52pm On Oct 24, 2019
Daniiola:
Having a second source of income is often the real idea of staying financially stable, there are several platforms that facilitate this method of making money online.

First, what does “Freelancing” mean or rather who is a “Freelancer”?

Freelance, freelancer and freelance worker are terms commonly used for a person who is self-employed and is not necessarily committed to a particular employer long-term

There are several online platforms that are well known for their high volume of freelancing job opportunities;
FIVERR
Fiverr is a very popular Israeli online marketplace for freelance services. Founded in 2010, the company is based in Tel Aviv, Israel, and provides a platform for freelancers to offer services to customers worldwide. It was founded by Micha Kaufman. It boasts of several free-lancing options and this platform happened to be a stop for agencies who need freelance workers like content writers, graphic designers and so much more.

Originally, it is a source for finding low-cost logos and design work Fiverr has since ballooned into a massive freelancing site with plenty of opportunities for hard-working freelancers.

What makes Fiverr different from other sites is that Fiverr is a great source for finding quick, simple work at a relatively low price such as logos, 500-word blog posts, or short whiteboard videos.

Did you think of making more money working online? Then try Fiverr.com

UPWORK
Upwork is a renowned freelancing website. Upwork, formerly known as Elance-oDesk, is a global freelancing platform where businesses and independent professionals connect and collaborate remotely. In 2015, Elance-oDesk was rebranded as Upwork. It is based in Mountain View and San Francisco, California. The full name is Upwork Global Inc.

While Fiverr is the spot for quick, simple work, Upwork is on the other end of the online freelancer job spectrum. It serves more like a “job listing” platform where companies post the job they need to be done and freelancers will bid competitively on such job opening.

FREELANCER
Freelancer is an Australian freelancing marketplace website, which allows employers to post jobs that freelancers can then bid to complete. It was founded in 2009, with its headquarters located in Sydney, Australia, other offices. With freelancers from more 250 countries around the world.

Through their marketplace, employers can readily hire freelancers to do work in areas such as software development, writing, data entry, and design right through to engineering, the sciences, sales and marketing, accounting and legal services.

PeoplePerHour
This platform is a go-to for start-up businesses or SMEs looking to grow flexibly by hiring freelancers to handle projects rather than hiring in-house or via agencies.

One difference Peopleperhour had compared to the other aforementioned freelance platform is that employers pay freelancers a deposit for the commencement of the work then once the freelancer has completed the job and they are satisfied they would pay up the balance unlike other platforms where the client only pays after the job is done and they are satisfied with the job delivery.

NCubeRoot
NCubeRoot, another especial startup hub, and freelance platform, a safe one where freelancers can find a new model to build their success. They have got their own style of working, this makes them unique from other websites. You can pick up projects matching your skills from a large pool of quality filled projects from various fields. The reward will be credited once your project is completed and approved. They keep a good investment plan .If you are a beginner then go ahead!! NCubeRoot is the best one you can have. Professionals get a great way to choose projects that may lighten your career.
In Conclusion, Freelancing is a sure way of getting extra cash legitimately working online.

please which of this site can I use with my mobile phone because I don't have a PC...and as for upwork how can I verify my account?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Online Platforms To Make Money As A Freelancer by Daniiola(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2019
Some sites have restrictions for Africans but they all have mobile interface compatibility... Upwork will send an email to your account for you to verify your account
olorire24:

please which of this site can I use with my mobile phone because I don't have a PC...and as for upwork how can I verify my account?
Re: Top 5 Online Platforms To Make Money As A Freelancer by Daniiola(m): 4:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
Though there are other African Freelance sites without restrictions they is one that pays a minimum of #5000 for a freelance job check this blog https://baynetfuse.com/ it is listed there. Majorly African Freelance websites
Re: Top 5 Online Platforms To Make Money As A Freelancer by Daniiola(m): 10:15am On Dec 07, 2022
You can use your phone as long as it is in good condition. Upwork account verification is a process that is made possible as a result of work-done on the platform.
olorire24:

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Make Your Own Money On The Internt? / We Design Websites With Wordpress At Affordable Price / 20 T0 40 Tons Trucks Urgently Required!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.