Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,891 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes (625 Views)

How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans / The Science Agenda To Exterminate Blacks / Scientist Exterminate 5 Million Rats in Antarctic Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 24, 2019
What if we exterminate all mosquitoes in the planet? Is that a great idea?
Maybe, that might sound great but trust me scientists don’t wanna do that, though they can do that by breeding genetically engineered male Mosquitoes that will produce sterile offsprings and then make sure all mosquitoes will be gone in few years. Let me tell you why they won’t do that.
Have you ever asked yourself the function of Mosquitoes in the ecosystem? If No, I will tell you.
1. We have thousands of Mosquito species but only 6 of them infect humans with diseases, the rest of them are herbivores and plant pollinators. Yes, they are but that’s not why scientists won’t kill them. Other insects can efficiently do this job.
2. They serve as food for many animals in the ecosystem but this is still not the reason why we won’t kill them all. Other animals can efficiently serve this role.

Then why won’t we kill all mosquitoes...?
3. Mosquitoes are the deadliest animals to humans on earth and they are estimated to kill about 725,000 humans every year. The fast increase in humans population is a threat to the health of the planet. If we allow humans population increase too fast, we will destroy everything in no time via rapid urbanization, increase the rate of global warming and leaving the planet almost lifeless. And yes, it’s the Job of Mosquitoes to help keep that in check.

Yeah, sounds cruel but that’s how science work. It shouldn’t just be about saving the human race. Other species also matter. so sorry, we won’t allow all mosquitoes die. We can’t have humans destroy everything in no time.

Seun and lalasticlala, I think this is very educative

1 Like

Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by Blakjewelry(m): 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2019
can't other animal fulfil the role of number 3?
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 24, 2019
Blakjewelry:
can't other animal fulfil the role of number 3?
HIV is trying it’s best though, but it’s not enough.
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by chefremy(m): 5:51pm On Oct 24, 2019
seems like mosquitos has never killed one of your family before
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2019
chefremy:
seems like mosquitos has never killed one of your family before
Well, no.

But try and see the bigger picture of what we are saying here.
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by EasternActivist: 5:59pm On Oct 24, 2019
nwabekeyi:
Well, no.

So the bombing, earth quake and other crises that involves death never do you??

I hope when you fall a victim you won't regret if need be
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by Sunnick(m): 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2019
EasternActivist:

sadly e never do... population is still increasing like mad
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
EasternActivist:

grin

Can we all agree that it’s a very effective way to make sure that the planet lives longer?
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by chefremy(m): 6:11pm On Oct 24, 2019
nwabekeyi:
Well, no.

ok maybe next time.
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by EasternActivist: 7:57pm On Oct 24, 2019
nwabekeyi:
grin

Can we all agree that it’s a very effective way to make sure that the planet lives longer?

You Don minit. Are you even listening to your jargon. Planet care taker, how old do you think the earth is? undecided

You should also introduce mosquitoes for ants and animals that are way more numerous than mankind. Yeye
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by EasternActivist: 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2019
Sunnick:

sadly e never do... population is still increasing like mad

Oh really, why not start by consciously eliminating your household so we become lesser please kiss
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
EasternActivist:

You Don minit. Are you even listening to your jargon. Planet care taker, how old do you think the earth is? undecided

You should also introduce mosquitoes for ants and animals that are way more numerous than mankind. Yeye
don know how old it is but I certainly know that life will eventually get off it sooner than it should if human activities is not checked.
Sorry, that’s how the ecosystem work, some species has to check the population of others and that’s what the mosquitoes are doing.
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by EasternActivist: 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2019
nwabekeyi:
don know how old it is but I certainly know that life will eventually get off it sooner than it should if human activities is not checked.
Sorry, that’s how the ecosystem work, some species has to check the population of others and that’s what the mosquitoes are doing.

You are high. Do you know that 90% of those died by malaria caused by mosquitoes are Africans why majority is west Africans.

If malaria is used in checkmating human population why only Africans out of the seven continents are dying undecided
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2019
EasternActivist:

You are high. Do you know that 90% of those died by malaria caused by mosquitoes are Africans why majority is west Africans.

If malaria is used in checkmating human population why only Africans out of the seven continents are dying undecided
It doesn’t matter which race dies, the aim is to checkmate human population and mosquitoes are doing that job.

Let’s say natural selection will most likely take the least intelligent race.
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by EasternActivist: 9:03pm On Oct 24, 2019
nwabekeyi:
It doesn’t matter which race dies, the aim is to checkmate africans and mosquitoes are doing that job.

Let’s say natural selection will most likely take the least intelligent race.
I just rephrased your sentence to expose your daftness so you see how stupid your theory is.

I guess you learnt something else from your biology teacher...
Go and also learn your food chain proper. All these secondary kids sef
Re: Weird Reason Why Scientist May Have Decided Not To Exterminate All Mosquitoes by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
EasternActivist:

I just rephrased your sentence to expose your daftness so you see how stupid your theory is.

I guess you learnt something else from your biology teacher...
Go and also learn your food chain proper. All these secondary kids sef
sorry sir, that’s how the ecosystem works. It doesn’t matter what specie you are. No need getting emotional about it

(1) (Reply)

History Corner. / Peace Ojemeh’s Haze Monkey Finds A Home In The $80 Billion NFT Industry / Power Your Gen With Cooking Gas And Save Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.