Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) (12236 Views)

Never Put These 5 Things On Your CV When Applying For A Job In Nigeria / 4 Tips To Help You Write A CV When You’ve Got No Work Experience / More Nigerians Applying For FRSC 2018 Recruitment Than Previous Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by ashantitope: 10:41am On Oct 25, 2019
I dont pray it go against you but remember ignorance is not an excuse but wish you all the best
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by Olodo24: 10:41am On Oct 25, 2019
Your village people no wan rest for your matter
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by forreelliinc: 10:46am On Oct 25, 2019
marshborn:
I applied for a job in a bank few weeks ago. The cv I attached during my application states that I am currently working with another bank, where as I resigned from my previous banking job about 3 months ago. Now with an engineering firm.

I went for the first stage of the screening process and passed. It was after this that I realized I sent in an older cv initially.
I have now been invited for the final process of the recruitment exercise, would this work against me?

Please advise needed.
grin ya fvcked

tongue enjoy being jobless this christmas
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 25, 2019
Connection don take over.. undecided
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by AnaCheks(m): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2019
marshborn:
I applied for a job in a bank few weeks ago. The cv I attached during my application states that I am currently working with another bank, where as I resigned from my previous banking job about 3 months ago. Now with an engineering firm.

I went for the first stage of the screening process and passed. It was after this that I realized I sent in an older cv initially.
I have now been invited for the final process of the recruitment exercise, would this work against me?

Please advise needed.
Don't tell them anything, what if that was the reason you were being invited, to boost their ego of snatching you from rival bank
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by julybaba(m): 10:54am On Oct 25, 2019
marshborn:

Please advise needed.
You were invited because of your banking experience, you have a high chance of getting this job.

Your mistake is actually a blessing in disguise
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by Jaqenhghar: 11:05am On Oct 25, 2019
marshborn:

Please advise needed.
If it aint broke, dont fix it
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by Hotzone(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2019
Write a letter of disclaimer
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by donprinyo(m): 11:22am On Oct 25, 2019
Update it and apply somewhere else.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by noisy45(m): 11:25am On Oct 25, 2019
Just forget the job CV or no updated cv slot might taken the job grin
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by hyperflex(m): 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2019
That one pain you? At some point of joblessness I got desperate so I applied for job at a plant. They told me to remove my BSc cuz the work was mostly manual. They called me and I could only do the job for 2 days cuz it was too much n I felt I was shortchanging myself.

Unfortunately I had uploaded the edited CV to Dropbox cuz that’s where I keep my documents for easy access. Do you believe that subsequent applications I tried it was the CV without BSc that I was sending. When I discovered I was horrified. But life goes on. Just reapply or look to the next opening. Don’t stress
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by mechanics(m): 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2019
Just go with the new CV incase of unforseen circumstances.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by vicbussi: 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
Ops, answer this question. Were u not asked of ur job experience and introducing urself during the First interview?
U should av let that informations out or thy do and u played along.
If u Get the offer on lies u re out before confirmation.
2. Ur mistakes can be corrected during ur next interview.
answer all question and if nt asked abt ur job career nw. Say it there... Since i left banking 3 months ago. Av always keep my self abreast with current things or trends in the industry, while i presently work in an engineering firm.
Lastly if u Get tru all of this u will still need to do documentations before resumption. Do the needful at that point again.
And All well dated.
To work with a bank need transparency.
Best of luck
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by marshborn(m): 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2019
hambodey:
From banking to engineering, & you still want to go back to banking again...
An engineering firm doesn't imply that I am doing engineering works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by marshborn(m): 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2019
vicbussi:
Ops, answer this question. Were u not asked of ur job experience and introducing urself during the First interview?
U should av let that informations out or thy do and u played along.
If u Get the offer on lies u re out before confirmation.
2. Ur mistakes can be corrected during ur next interview.
answer all question and if nt asked abt ur job career nw. Say it there... Since i left banking 3 months ago. Av always keep my self abreast with current things or trends in the industry, while i presently work in an engineering firm.
Lastly if u Get tru all of this u will still need to do documentations before resumption. Do the needful at that point again.
And All well dated.
To work with a bank need transparency.
Best of luck
They first stage of the recruitment process was more of a written examination, and I didn't realize my mistake until after this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by marshborn(m): 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
AnaCheks:
Don't tell them anything, what if that was the reason you were being invited, to boost their ego of snatching you from rival bank
What if they ask for a reference letter later on? It will show the date which I left the bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by marshborn(m): 1:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
forreelliinc:

grin ya fvcked

tongue enjoy being jobless this christmas
Lol.....did you read through this at all? Where did it state that I am unemployed here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by aprilwise(m): 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
I was in hurry while typing my CV and I made a mistake by omitting my Nysc details.i have already submitted it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by forreelliinc: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
marshborn:

Lol.....did you read through this at all? Where did it state that I am unemployed here.
angry ya not unemployed? damn it

well......not getting the bank job i guess
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by budaatum: 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
marshborn:

You are done here marsh. Take what's good and please do not get into discuss with stupid people who do not have a cv not to talk of a job!
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by Revolva(m): 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
So wetin u want us to do make we help u get the email back
Re: I Mistakenly Sent An Unupdated CV When Applying For A Job (Advice Needed) by samwash(m): 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2019
correctyourself:

He does not need to do that, if you're applying for a job you look at the required ànd your experience on the job and apply, it must not be current cv, if for example, he has bank experience, and he is presently a driver and want to go back to banking job did you expect him to apply with driver's CV? All work experience must not be on a CV, you edit it based on your experience and the job responsibility and other requirements so that it will flow, the next is to defend it when invited, because you actually have the experience. If you want to all your experience from secondary school to uni, and post uni experience, who would have time to read it when you have over 3000k CV to review.

Ur points are valid.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sahara Oil Recruiting / N-power: The Reality About The N-EXIT Package / How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.