Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System (12849 Views)

Strike: Enough Is Enough - Buhari Tells ASUU / Strike: We Haven’t Exempted ASUU From IPPIS – FG / IPPIS: FG Paid Some Professors N8,000 As Monthly Salary – Abiodun Ogunyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by Nwaonyishi69: 7:45am On Oct 25, 2019
It amazes me how people take sides on an issue based on one side of a story. So, I wonder if some are paid to be waiting to read a news item and line up behind the news without recourse to reflection. I am really sorry for us, as we continue speedily in our tribal, partisan, crony, religious and sectarian gauged alliance in every public matter.

3 Likes

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by pfadom: 7:45am On Oct 25, 2019
Why will selfish ASUU subscribe to the IPPIS when most of their members work in one or more other universities or polytechnics as associate or part-time lecturers.

I know some of the fulltime staff of UI and OAU who also lecture at FUOYE, any of the state or private universities. This IPPIS would not allow duplication of names.

How do you think some selfish ASUU members would support this heinous act of selfishness and sabotage?

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by sinkhole: 7:48am On Oct 25, 2019
Coldie:
My only question is why is the FG paying lecturers salaries when universities still collect fees.

it is like subsidy!
If FG completely withdraws and allow the universities to run by themselves then each should be charging fees like Covenant University and the likes!

3 Likes

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by saraki2019(m): 7:50am On Oct 25, 2019
I don't know what to say, I think ASUU should join IPPS, if you want money invest 10% 0f your salary in shares, in next 10 Years, it will be better than sabbatical allowances

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by sinkhole: 7:53am On Oct 25, 2019
pfadom:
Why will selfish ASUU subscribe to the IPPIS when most of their members work in one or more other universities or polytechnics as associate or part-time lecturers.

I know some of the fulltime staff of UI and OAU who also lecture at FUOYE, any of the state or private universities. This IPPIS would not allow duplication of names.

How do you think some selfish ASUU members would support this heinous act of selfishness and sabotage?
The IPPIS will only prevent lecturers from visiting more than one Federal University but they are still very free to visit as many private and state Universities as they like!
IPPIS is for Federal Agencies. State and Private agencies have their own payment methods.
In summary IPPIS does not stop lecturers outsourcing their skills!

2 Likes

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by Logachev: 7:59am On Oct 25, 2019
I think this is a good move by the government so that the issue of a lecturer visiting up to six universities will be eradicated thereby necessitating employment of our jobless graduates to fill the obvious vacancies in most of these new and hinter universities.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by bluefilm: 8:12am On Oct 25, 2019
kolafolabi:
I support FG on this. It is a welcome development. I am just curious why ASUU opposed the payment system out of all agencies working with the FG.

IPPIS will expose the lecturers who are working in two or more Federal tertiary institutions and are as such, receiving two or more pay from the Federal government.

That's why.
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by Logachev: 8:13am On Oct 25, 2019
Coldie:
My only question is why is the FG paying lecturers salaries when universities still collect fees.

Students pay all fees directly to the federal government through Remita. No government university accepts fees from any student.
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by mapet: 8:15am On Oct 25, 2019
pharmagba:
Our lectures want to lecture in more than one university and be on the payroll of all of them but because of their BVN , the system will not allow for this.
They should understand that circumventing the system in any way is tantamount to corruption. The minstry of finance should not bend backwards to accommodate this.
No lecturer in a federal institution must lecture in another federal institution but rather in a state institution instead. This should be good enough for them
I think this lectures collecting in more than one institution is the reason they have not been able to think outside the box or come out with inventions that can bring about development and growth in our nation.

Bros,

You opened a big dimension that gives the most logical perspective to this

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by crazycrypto710: 8:19am On Oct 25, 2019
kolafolabi:
I support FG on this. It is a welcome development. I am just curious why ASUU opposed the payment system out of all agencies working with the FG.
I don’t think you have read through everything

2 Likes

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by mfm04622: 8:21am On Oct 25, 2019
kolafolabi:

Some lecturers earn up to 3 to 5 salaries! Full salaries! They do this by being employed in various schools. They of course cannot cope and students suffer. If the payroll is automated, you can't feature twice! That is like being a ghost worker. Reason they have been against it.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by Jessewizy(m): 8:24am On Oct 25, 2019
Nwaonyishi69:
It amazes me how people take sides on an issue based on one side of a story. So, I wonder if some are paid to be waiting to read a news item and line up behind the news without recourse to reflection. I am really sorry for us, as we continue speedily in our tribal, partisan, crony, religious and sectarian gauged alliance in every public matter.
Thank you very much for this comment. Most Nigerians are unequivocally foolish.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by NickD(m): 8:26am On Oct 25, 2019
IsraelSongz:
Very nice. It's now on the Federal government to invest those savings on things that will benefit every Nigerian(including the common man).
What have they done with the ones they've been getting since?

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by kjsun15: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2019
the initiative is good as you people look at it from the outlook. but people needed to be educated on why ASUU opposed the exploitative pay roll:

1) when ASUU was asked to join the pay role, ASUU ask some fundamental questions which the consultant of the exploitative scheme couldn't say a word e.g. on the pay roll design, retirement age is 60 years as against normal 65 years for any civil servant and 70 years for prof. and readers in the university extant law. so the ippis automatically log you out of pay roll once you are 60years as a prof or reader.

2) federal universities staff tax varies across the nation with peculiarity among the host state. for example, federal uni of Ibadan staff have different tax structure compared to his colleagues from uni of Nigeria and this is achievable through the ability of each school governing council to negotiate with the host governor as cost of living varies nation wide. The Ippis only has unique tax structure that does not create room for variability in living cost across the federation hence university autonomy is violated.

3) Has the military staff been integrated? Have the national assembly payees and staff been integrated to Ippis? the answer ASUU got from the consultant was Capital letter NO. Why intimidating ASUU as if ASUU is the Nigeria's problem.

4) it is good to save cost and reduce wastages, please, where did the govt invest the said saved 250 billion since the introduction of ippis. ASUU queried that they could not pin point where the saved cost is!

5) the initiative of IPPIS is good but the component is modern day slavery that is designed by world bank to further enslave workers from underdeveloped countries. ASUU ask for proper remodification to suite our economy, as researchers, to better the poorly design Ippis that the consultant in charge could not explain some components comprehensively.

let me hold it here, cause there are lots of lapses that needed to be exposed........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by Successlane: 8:28am On Oct 25, 2019
Nwaonyishi69:

OK,

But where do you stand on this issue?
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by NickD(m): 8:29am On Oct 25, 2019
pharmagba:
Our lectures want to lecture in more than one university and be on the payroll of all of them but because of their BVN , the system will not allow for this.
They should understand that circumventing the system in any way is tantamount to corruption. The minstry of finance should not bend backwards to accommodate this.
No lecturer in a federal institution must lecture in another federal institution but rather in a state institution instead. This should be good enough for them
I think this lectures collecting in more than one institution is the reason they have not been able to think outside the box or come out with inventions that can bring about development and growth in our nation.
Nigeria stiffles development and innovative ideas. Stroll into any university and see the difficulty with which research is done. Yet when we leave the shores of this country we excel and are one of the best.
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by jolyment: 8:31am On Oct 25, 2019
Coldie:

Because the fees cannot cover the salaries.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by edogu(m): 9:04am On Oct 25, 2019
kevoh:
ASUU want scam us. Virtually all FG agencies are under IPPIS which has helped to curb ghost workers and bogus payments to at least 90%. So these lecturers have been collecting double and triple salaries under the guise of being employed as staff in different Federal Universities. They know IPPIS will burst their scam, that's why they are against it.
Are you saying lecturers should not go on sabbatical leave? It's their right for crying out loud.
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by UniportAgbero: 9:11am On Oct 25, 2019
Logachev:

Students pay all fees directly to the federal government through Remita. No government university accepts fees from any student.

If that is the case, why then does school fee differ amongst Federal universities? How can unilag students pay 19k and uniport students pay 45k?
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by Reference(m): 9:21am On Oct 25, 2019
This is a very easy situation.... simply stop the funding. How can a sub-establishment decide how it is going to be run. If colleges request for payment autonomy that is tantamount to financial independence and the government should stop that illegality by withdrawing funding, simple.

I have said it countless times, college education is not compulsory anywhere in the world and in a country like Nigeria struggling with a run away population and limited resources, it simply cannot be free. Universities need to be completely autonomous.

I suggest government ptivatises them. Identify trusts or what we call co-operatives and transfer all assets to them to run including a viable 'pay-off', seed money to keep them running for a while, while they adjust to new realities.

Universities are in reality, business centres where all folks, all society, invest in education and research and reap skilled labour and solutions to everyday challenges. It is not primary school education for basic literacy.

If we treat them like America treats its Harvards, Princetons and MITs or Britain treats its Oxfords and Cambridges then we begon to get the same results and begin to attract serious investment for both human and capital development. We treat our colleges now like grade schools so they are.

2 Likes

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by iswallker(m): 9:39am On Oct 25, 2019
Reference:
This is a very easy situation.... simply stop the funding. How can a sub-establishment decide how it is going to be run. If colleges request for payment autonomy that is tantamount to financial independence and the government should stop that illegality by withdrawing funding, simple.

I have said it countless times, college education is not compulsory anywhere in the world and in a country like Nigeria struggling with a run away population and limited resources, it simply cannot be free. Universities need to be completely autonomous.

I suggest government ptivatises them. Identify trusts or what we call co-operatives and transfer all assets to them to run including a viable 'pay-off', seed money to keep them running for a while, while they adjust to new realities.

Universities are in reality, business centres where all folks, all society, invest in education and research and reap skilled labour and solutions to everyday challenges. It is not primary school education for basic literacy.

If we treat them like America treats its Harvards, Princetons and MITs or Britain treats its Oxfords and Cambridges then we begon to get the same results and begin to attract serious investment for both human and capital development. We treat our colleges now like grade schools so they are.

the most sensible comment I have read on the solution to the decaying tertiary education sector in Nigeria... shocked
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by Bobinovic: 9:44am On Oct 25, 2019
kolafolabi:
Because it's the only agency with learned people at the helm.
irrespective of their motive for objection.
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by tiredoflife(m): 9:49am On Oct 25, 2019
kevoh:
ASUU want scam us. Virtually all FG agencies are under IPPIS which has helped to curb ghost workers and bogus payments to at least 90%. So these lecturers have been collecting double and triple salaries under the guise of being employed as staff in different Federal Universities. They know IPPIS will burst their scam, that's why they are against it.

How is it a scam to be employed as a contract staff to different uni
We are short of lecturers in certain fields
So outsourcing is the solution
So I see nothing wrong with double employment
Since they are a contract staff
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by thundafire: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2019
They are thieves because the lecture in different universities and dnt want to appear twice
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by SolarHub(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2019
Ok

LET THE SUN PAY YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL.. GET OUR 1KVA COMPLETE SOLAR SYSTEM AT A PROMO PRICE TODAY... CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by ejimatic: 10:29am On Oct 25, 2019
Coldie:

. The money collected in universities and polytechnics is called IGR....
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by Roysnickz: 11:26am On Oct 25, 2019
iswallker:

the most sensible comment I have read on the solution to the decaying tertiary education sector in Nigeria... shocked
Which sensible comment? Are you not aware that those universities he mentioned - MIT, Harvard etc are private universities?
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by mvem(m): 11:38am On Oct 25, 2019
picoba:
Even the law maker didn't joining IPPIS. What ASSU is fighting for is to capture all their allowances into the payroll system.
Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by mvem(m): 11:42am On Oct 25, 2019
kjsun15:
the initiative is good as you people look at it from the outlook. but people needed to be educated on why ASUU opposed the exploitative pay roll:

1) when ASUU was asked to join the pay role, ASUU ask some fundamental questions which the consultant of the exploitative scheme couldn't say a word e.g. on the pay roll design, retirement age is 60 years as against normal 65 years for any civil servant and 70 years for prof. and readers in the university extant law. so the ippis automatically log you out of pay roll once you are 60years as a prof or reader.

2) federal universities staff tax varies across the nation with peculiarity among the host state. for example, federal uni of Ibadan staff have different tax structure compared to his colleagues from uni of Nigeria and this is achievable through the ability of each school governing council to negotiate with the host governor as cost of living varies nation wide. The Ippis only has unique tax structure that does not create room for variability in living cost across the federation hence university autonomy is violated.

3) Has the military staff been integrated? Have the national assembly payees and staff been integrated to Ippis? the answer ASUU got from the consultant was Capital letter NO. Why intimidating ASUU as if ASUU is the Nigeria's problem.

4) it is good to save cost and reduce wastages, please, where did the govt invest the said saved 250 billion since the introduction of ippis. ASUU queried that they could not pin point where the saved cost is!

5) the initiative of IPPIS is good but the component is modern day slavery that is designed by world bank to further enslave workers from underdeveloped countries. ASUU ask for proper remodification to suite our economy, as researchers, to better the poorly design Ippis that the consultant in charge could not explain some components comprehensively.

let me hold it here, cause there are lots of lapses that needed to be exposed........

Re: IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System by Taku555(m): 11:58am On Oct 25, 2019
kolafolabi:
I support FG on this. It is a welcome development. I am just curious why ASUU opposed the payment system out of all agencies working for the FG.
The reason why they are opposing is not far than featuring in almost all the university payroll. One lecturer would be on more than 6 university payrolls. They must join IPIS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Getting A Credit Pass In WAEC Gce....what Does It Require? / Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent / Can Jamb Offer A Candidate With Two Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.