Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State (28851 Views)

Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport / US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple / Customs Seizes Truckload Of Weapons, Codeine, Tramadol In Imo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by ManirBK: 10:33am On Oct 25, 2019
The Nigeria Customs Service, NCS, Niger and Kogi Area command, has seized imported rice, vehicles and second hand bale clothing with duty paid value of about N145 million in the third quarter of 2019.

The Comptroller in charge of the command, Yusuf Abba- Kassim, announced this while displaying the seized items before newsmen in Minna on Thursday.

Mr Abba-Kassim said a total of 3,529 kilogrammes of imported bags of rice with duty paid value of over N62 million were seized by officers and men in different parts of the area command.

According to him, 2 used vehicle’s with duty paid value of over N32 million were also seized under the command’s new anti-smuggling strategies which he said had been yielding positive results.

He said that 1, 018 bales of second hand clothing with duty paid value of over N48 million were seized within the command’s area of coverage.

The comptroller said the command had also arrested one DAF diesel tanker with registration number RBC 05 ZS suspected to be concealing 500 bags of foreign rice on the Abuja-Kaduna expressway.

He described smugglers as economic saboteurs and advised them to desist from such act.
He said the command was committed to the eradication of all forms of smuggling activities within its area of jurisdiction.
NAN

https://dailynigerian.com/nigerian-customs-seize-foreign-rice-vehicles-worth-n145m-in-niger/?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by ManirBK: 10:33am On Oct 25, 2019
Nice one!!! We must respect law and order!!!
They should give those rice to IDP camp!!

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by Beosten(m): 10:42am On Oct 25, 2019
Picture

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by aremuforlife(m): 11:36am On Oct 25, 2019
But, they said that part of the border is not closed

10 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by solmusdesigns: 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2019
cool

Buhari fire they go abeg

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by adedayourt(m): 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
To what end

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by iCauseTrouble: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by sylve11: 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
If i tell una sey i never tire for this border news, na lie i dey lie. Of what importance is this news now? sad cool

8 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by Abbeyme: 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
Seizures everywhere
Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by Barnext(m): 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2019
make rice enter the town na.. na Xmas b diz o!

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by Emmyziski(m): 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
All these rice wey Una dey seize... Where e dey go sef?

9 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by Officialgarri: 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
All these seized bag of rice, instead of being left to decay in the custom's yard, I recommend it be distributed to the orphanage homes.

6 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by Bobbob343: 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
My dear... Are you a Nigerian?

ManirBK:
Nice one!!! We must respect law and order!!!
They should give those rice to IDP camp!!

2 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
aremuforlife:

It is closed, but the thing is, some Southerners think that the North is 'benefiting' from the Government.

Right now in Northern states bordering Niger, people are not smiling.,

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by LadySarah: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
Are Second hand clothings now contraband ?Cos the route isnt specified.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by announcement: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
GIVE THE CITIZENS THAT SEIZED RICE FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I BEGI.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
adedayourt:
To what end

So that more Nigerians will go into rice proccessing and growing...meaning more jobs.

Or abi, you no want jobs?...or is it that you want 'office job'?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by maasoap(m): 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2019
aremuforlife:

If smugglers try those parts, seizures will hit them hard.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by Zombiekiller010: 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2019
grin
Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by Zombiekiller010: 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2019
Although am not a Buharist but on the closing of border ,I'm in support of that, the local rice i bought is neat & free of stone 19k, if they package it in the bag of foreign and sold it for me for 26k , i wouldn't have know that the content is local

maasoap:

One should quit buying costly foreign rice for now because one reporter actually talked to one of the people at Benin/Nigeria border who are now bagging Nigeria local rice into the foreign rice bags because many Nigerians wanted foreign rice. Suppliers have no foreign rice to supply and foreign rice consumers can't actually differentiate between imported rice and some Nigerian local rice. So, the swindlers capitalised on it, selling local rice as foreign rice to mumus
Trustme2:
Pls which brand is that.Am looking for a good local rice to buy too but not too sure of the brand and the quality

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by batstan(m): 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2019
All borders are on complete lock down.

Don't believe the propaganda of the separatist.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by BankyGee(m): 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
announcement:
GIVE THE CITIZENS THAT SEIZED RICE FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I BEGI.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by stephnie44(f): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2019
After den don commot. Their take home bags of rice den com dey snap dey fool demselves

4 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by windhunter(m): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2019
I wonder what they are going to do with all those bags of rice.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by maasoap(m): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

It is closed, but the thing is, some Southerners think that the North is 'benefiting' from the Government.

Right now in Northern states bordering Niger, people are not smiling.,

You know, some people would sit in one corner of their rooms and would be fabricating lies about how only the southern borders are closed while northerners are allowed to smuggle items at will. How northerners are selling foreign rice to one another at 12k! Lol
People like eTECTIV

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by sammyj: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by wilcox(m): 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2019
What happens next. We all get to hear about it but don't get to know how it goes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice, Vehicles Worth N145m In Niger State by thundafire: 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
Most of the rice is quietly taken to Aso Villa for the president and vice president store houses,then dey negotiate With dey owner and dey share others,cs once Press takes pictures dats dey end

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Murdered By Foreign Nationals In South Africa. See Photos / Politician, Bode Adeosun's Daughter Kidnapped Four Days To Birthday (photo) / Two Yahoo Boys Jailed In Ilorin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.