Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,260 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece (2374 Views)

Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank / True Story Of Pensioner Who Was "Chased Away By Diamond Bank Manager" / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by TechLector: 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
Are you looking for a Bank with the worst customer care service or a problematic one with a system that is out of order? Then don't look any further, Access/Diamond Bank Nigeria is the answer to your quest. Although, there are many other banks in Nigeria that are bad too, but Access/Diamond Bank is ranked as their cheerleader. Banking with Access/Diamond Bank is like skydiving with a faulty Parachute.

There have been too many complaints about this Bank lately. Without much ado, let me dive into telling you guys my experience so far with the bank.

There have been many bad reviews about Access bank, and I am one of the victims. Dating back to the last few months, a fund that was supposed to be received into my domiciliary account was held for over three weeks. I made several calls, DMs on Twitter and Facebook, sent countless emails and even head over to their headquarters on the Island when I got tired of the bank, but still, I was told to wait more days before I finally got the payment after having wasted thousands of naira talking to their call centers.

Few more days after the end of their previous dramas, as if that wasn't enough, I was debited for a failed transaction as I tried making a data subscription on my nTel SIM; this was on the 18th of last month. I contacted them on the phone, sent emails that are yet to be responded to, and even went to branches near me to complain, but no solution till this moment. I keep getting SMS messages saying they are going to make a refund while nothing is done still.

Source: https://techlector.com/why-banking-with-access-diamond-bank-nigeria-is-unsafe-opinion-piece/

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by TechLector: 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
Right now, on their Facebook fan page, there are thousands of negative reviews of people having similar issues (and about 10% are positive reviews published a long time ago): most of these reviews are not responded to. In fact, my last message is yet to be addressed, thereby making me see Access/Diamond Bank as one unserious bank that takes their customers' complains for granted.

Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by TechLector: 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
In addition to my other experience with Access/Diamond Bank, just this morning, I received three N150 reversal credit alerts from the bank (N450 in total) that I was not aware of when I was debited. Does this mean they have been doing that without me noticing?

Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by TechLector: 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
Another notable thing is their non-functioning livechat that has been there for so long; I mean, why put up a feature that is not working on your official website? Trust me; you can go days waiting to be attended to here. With all the money they are making, why not set up a proper functioning website?

Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by TechLector: 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
Below are complaints made by close friends:

I finally gave up on Nigerian banks.

Diamond(Access) has been giving me a lot of headaches for several days now and are causing me to loose a lot of businesses both online and offline.

I find it very tough to send money using mobile app, I can't even use USSD (imagine!)

Telling me "An error occurred, please check your account balance before initiating another transaction" even when I have enough funds to transact on? (Stupidity and Craziness)

I thought this will stop after few hours or few days until it kept repeating day by day.

Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by TechLector: 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
[b]I finally made up my mind to open a new account with UBA bank today. (New Life?)

Do you know the most surprising thing?

On getting to the bank I met some people outside and thought they came to use the atm machine, unknowingly to me that they have been waiting for several minutes outside the bank due to GENERATOR fault.

They can't go in either, those inside are coming out.

I joined the queue and waited for minutes too but the GEN is still yet to work (rubbish).

My question is that, how can a whole UBA be using only one GEN (Stingyness)

I was there when a guy said a woman was entering into Wema bank and was inside the door when their GEN switched off. (You want to laugh? Read on)

The woman was stucked inside the door for 2hours before the GEN started working. The guy said the woman was sweating like SHE goat.��
(Do you know the heat can kill the woman?)
Bank for enter Gbese be that o!

Omo, I quickly zoom off to my house Jeje.

UBA just loosed a customer and I don't even know about those outside too.

My bank is useless and the alternative is useless too.

Is this how useless Nigerian banks are?

We are in hot pepper soup in this country.

May Jehovah help us.[/b]
Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by TechLector: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
more complaints:

Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by TechLector: 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
To see more latest complaints about this bank, check #AccessBank tag HERE on Twitter: https://twitter.com/hashtag/Accessbank?src=hashtag_click&f=live
Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by TechLector: 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
With all the above experiences, are you still thinking of opening an account with Access Bank today? I guess not.

I hope prospective customers won't fall prey to this godforsaken bank because right now, I cant wait to get my refund and close all accounts with Access/Diamond Bank. Have you also been poorly treated by Access/Diamond Bank? Please share your experience(s) with TecHLecToR in their comment section.
Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by ogtavia(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2019
My friend just pulled out his money from this Bank and closed his account with them.

1 Like

Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by Scatterscatter(m): 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2019
I actually moved my salary account away from access Bank few months back. The bank is the most useless bank in Nigeria
Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2019
The app no dey work... The ussd na error.. online banking is impossible.... Put their card to transact on quickteller e no gree work...
Lost the card and went for a new one.. card printer no dey work... Na only money wey I won save I dey keep 4 dere... when I need am na OTC withdrawal I go use....

I don tire... At least I dey manage UBA now
Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by SoNature(m): 7:01am On Oct 27, 2019
Oga, stop all this drama.

How much do you even have in the bank?

I transferred a huge sum from my Payoneer account to my First Bank account.

The transaction usually takes a maximum of three days.

However, it took about two weeks to reflect, but I didn't come to the internet to tarnish their imagine.

I used the right channels to follow up on the issue, and they resolved it.

If you think your bank isn't serving you well, switch...it's that simple!

You are ranting as if it has always been like that ever since you opened the account.

I don't know how old you are, but you really need to grow up.

No Nigerian bank is perfect.

Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by Godson214(m): 11:23am On Oct 27, 2019
SoNature:

However, it took about two weeks to reflect, but I didn't come to the internet to tarnish their imagine.

You are ranting as if it has always been like that ever since you opened the account.

You that have grown up have you made it in life yet??

Since it’s ya fadaa that owes first bank if you like transfer from eBay abi Fiverr what’s the correlation of first bank and access bank here. M.um.u

Access bank is the worst bank and it remains like that. My account is just dormant with 83k lying down. Since 2017 till date I am being pushed around by customer care but on Twitter and Instagram.

So no monkeey should come here and talk off point

1 Like

Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by SoNature(m): 12:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
Godson214:

You that have grown up have you made it in life yet??

Since it’s ya fadaa that owes first bank if you like transfer from eBay abi Fiverr what’s the correlation of first bank and access bank here. M.um.u

Access bank is the worst bank and it remains like that. My account is just dormant with 83k lying down. Since 2017 till date I am being pushed around by customer care but on Twitter and Instagram.

So no monkeey should come here and talk off point

You don't have sense!

Read what I wrote again...this time, slowly

Mind you, I won't reply you again.

Simpleton!
Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by Godson214(m): 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
SoNature:

You don't have sense!

Read what I wrote again...this time, slowly

Mind you, I won't reply you again.

Simpleton!

and what did you write that correlate??

The question remains...

Have you made it in life yet ??
Re: Why Banking With Access/diamond Bank Nigeria Is Unsafe - Opinion Piece by TechLector: 12:12am On Oct 28, 2019
OMG,,,

How some sick ass boys think on this Nairaland baffles me. Well, i am not as dumb as you are; I have the right to question how my money is used or others no matter how little it is (i was thought well)... Its obvious that you have made it already. And besides, maybe i have more than what you, your papa and mama can spend till your last day on earth.

SoNature:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is Wig Business? / Where To Buy Crystal Gemstones In Nigeria- Photos / How To Make Money Online With Clickbank, Warriorplus And Jvzoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.