Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya (13545 Views)

Access Bank Secures Final Approval To Acquire Kenya's Transnational Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 26, 2019
ednut1:
rescued actually

Rescued my foot! They are thieves! I did an online recharge, they debited me but I never got any airtime since on Tuesday a.f they didn't reverse my money.

Very poor managent since they took over diamond bank.
Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by Supernatural28(m): 8:04am On Oct 26, 2019
Access bank nawa for una oooo � una dey try. Anyways congratulations in advance
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:07am On Oct 26, 2019
bank wey never strong with lots of network issues still get mind to go acquire another bank..n.a. wa oo

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by Drabrah(m): 8:10am On Oct 26, 2019
FloxySmart:
Access bank on a mission to swallow another bank grin

I tell u.
Access bank politicians & politicking is beyond the regular naija politics

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by MPESA(m): 8:19am On Oct 26, 2019
abejide1000:
They won't make much profit here, we're satisfied with M-PESA here, we need no cash. My ATM cards are just useless, I've not even sighted any ATM post here, unlike how we have them across our cities in Naija

They can't break into Kenya market when safaricom is still alive #mpesa cheesy, make them go ask T-kash , Airtel Money and even banks in Kenya wetin dey sup.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by Davefate: 8:32am On Oct 26, 2019
Why would they do that knowing they have just acquired diamond bank. There is one promising bank (fcmb) but their arrogant to acquire fin bank and one other new generation bank brought them to their knees.Access bank should watch it, this could lead them to insurmountable challenges ahead. How many times have they seen zenith bank and gtbank going everywhere acquiring other banks. Nonsense!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by SoNature(m): 8:32am On Oct 26, 2019
netpro:
Now that will be great. Taking over Diamond Bank was a very good investment as well.

Access Bank didn't take over Diamond Bank, please. The two banks merged

Based on their forward-looking statement, Diamond Bank had to change its logo to that of Access because the latter has more branches around the world. Hence, it was more economical.

Please don't argue with me; I am just using this platform to enlighten people.

Yes, Diamond Bank struggled at some point, but Access Bank did not acquire it. The deal was a merger.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by bukatyne(f): 8:32am On Oct 26, 2019
Access Bank is an enigma.

Looks so unassuming yet seems to be the strongest bank in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by kjhova(m): 8:36am On Oct 26, 2019
netpro:
Now that will be great. Taking over Diamond Bank was a very good investment as well.

Shhhh! According to Uzoma Dozie, it was a merger. Please don't wake him and his dad up!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by dazzlingd(m): 8:41am On Oct 26, 2019
Bank biting more than they can chew....acquisition of other banks does not translate to strength
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by hidee20(m): 8:50am On Oct 26, 2019
SoNature:

Based on their forward-looking statement, Diamond Bank had to change its logo to that of Access because the latter has more branches around the world. Hence, it was more economical.

Yes, Diamond Bank struggled at some point, but Access Bank did not acquire it. The deal was a merger.

A merger that couldn't retain diamond name (like Access-diamond bank ) or had most diamond bank branch closed?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by edoairways: 8:52am On Oct 26, 2019
ReubenE:
This ones want to take their illegal deductions to Kenya
grin angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by SoNature(m): 8:52am On Oct 26, 2019
hidee20:

A merger that couldn't retain diamond name (like Access-diamond bank ) or had most diamond bank branch closed?.

Yes, everything depends on MoU
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by edoairways: 8:55am On Oct 26, 2019
sylve11:
them never fit manage their mother bank ''access bank' (problem), them go axquire 'diamond bank' (problem), now them wan go buy bank for kenya . Make Kenyans nor go complain like the way Ghanians dey complain with Glo poor service sha. undecided cool
Does glo Ghana has similar problem with their parent network?

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by masterP042(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

Their every now and then maintenance brouhaha has really affected their services in a wrong way... Lately, every single transaction I do I get charged twice the amount; meaning whomever I'm sending money gets twice the same amount.

A failed transaction too, money would be deducted. Their system seems messed up. An immigration officer that I sent money to for a service via Access Mobile Banking App got twice the amount and has already blown away the double and now he promises to pay after a month. Just imagine cry

No be lie, everyone is experiencing the same thing.
Imagine my friend got stranded somewhere, I tried to do transfer, the mumu people were servicing abi maintaining the mobile app. Creating so much inconvenience for their customers.
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by Greenback: 9:10am On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
tongue

Evil Bank, they have destroyed diamond bank for us

I wonder why people aint complaining about thier yahoo yahoo services,

Cos the people ain't as hungry as you are
grin
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by hidee20(m): 9:11am On Oct 26, 2019
SoNature:

Yes, everything depends on MoU

So diamond bank directors signed a MoU that's identical to acquisition terms.... grin grin.....did you ever wonder the kind of tight position they were to sign that?.
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by ufotty2001: 9:12am On Oct 26, 2019
Access bank good one.. I always receive a loan from access bank 20k everymonth
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by donbrowser(m): 9:28am On Oct 26, 2019
With their stupid network
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by dingbang(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2019
Davefate:
Why would they do that knowing they have just acquired diamond bank. There is one promising bank (fcmb) but their arrogant to acquire fin bank and one other new generation bank brought them to their knees.Access bank should watch it, this could lead them to insurmountable challenges ahead. How many times have they seen zenith bank and gtbank going everywhere acquiring other banks. Nonsense!
lol see painment
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by gbagyiza: 9:52am On Oct 26, 2019
netpro:

A bank that is still struggling with poor services wants to acquire another liability. I operate with them n I can tell you I don't enjoy their services.
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by BigBashiru: 9:56am On Oct 26, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
bank wey never strong with lots of network issues still get mind to go acquire another bank..n.a. wa oo

Greed....commin trait in humans especially men
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by LongThickPenis(m): 10:07am On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
tongue

Evil Bank, they have destroyed diamond bank for us

I wonder why people aint complaining about thier yahoo yahoo services,

Because they do not flaunt their schemes like yahoo boys. That is the difference between real gangsters and IG publicity whores. Make your money in silence, only those who know will know and your enemies don't know what to attack
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by solmusdesigns: 10:08am On Oct 26, 2019
hmmn word from an OG

LongThickPenis:

Because they do not flaunt their schemes like yahoo boys. That is the difference between real gangsters and IG publicity whores. Make your money in silence, only those who know will know and your enemies don't know what to attack

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by Elemi1(m): 10:13am On Oct 26, 2019
Access Bank... More than Banking...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by Sleevia: 10:59am On Oct 26, 2019
ReubenE:
except Kenya does not have laws

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by mzhorlah(f): 11:14am On Oct 26, 2019
Access, no go dey do pass yourself.
ordinary Diamond Bank that they acquired, we are paying bills ourselves undecided
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2019
Reading comments from people, you will just wonder.

If access bank has a poor service, why don't
you just close your account and move the money to another bank.

I naturally hate people that complain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by AskiaHarem(m): 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2019
ReubenE:

Haters gonna hate.. cool

Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by Cajal(m): 2:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
Access bank and failure of immediate reversal of wrongly debited cash are like PMB AND NORTHERN NIGERIA
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by Marvinspeed(m): 3:04pm On Oct 26, 2019
SoNature:

bro it was a full acquisition
2 for 7?
81to 19.% ??

I guess you are a warrior
Re: Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya by manshoro: 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2019
Fidelity Bank has not reverse N50,000 transfer I initiated using it ATM machine and card to transfer to First bank since 19th October,2019. Saturday last week.
We have lodged complaint on Monday, Tuesday & Friday to the bank and have not gotten a reversal after all the promises by the customer service unit.
Pls how do I go about this again? Your kind advice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get 5 Extra Hours When You Signup on VA Patrick, Nigeria's #1 VA Agency / NNPC Pays N85bn Into Federation Account / CBN Imposes Penalty On Banks For Mutilated Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.