Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Oshoala Scores A Brace For Barca Against Madrid - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oshoala Scores A Brace For Barca Against Madrid (581 Views)

Lionel Messi Scores Second Straight Brace For Inter Miami / Lionel Messi Scores 2 Free-kicks Vs Celta Vigo For Barca, Fans React (Photos) / Messi Scores 50th Career Free-kick, 44 For Barca & 6 For Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oshoala Scores A Brace For Barca Against Madrid by ackim: 8:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
Nigeria international stole the show in Madrid with a woman-of-the-match display but her compatriot was taken off in tears

Asisat Oshoala struck a brace as Barcelona beat Madrid 4-0 but her compatriot Chidinma Okeke suffered a potentially serious injury on Saturday.

A goal in each half from Oshoala plus Jennifer Hermoso's strike guided Barcelona past Víctor Fernández's side in Qatar in a Spanish Primera Iberdrola encounter.

But, Marid were left sweating on Okeke's injury after the Nigeria international was carried away in tears with Laura Teruel replacing her in the 25th minute.

The Nigeria international who scored in four consecutive matches for Llius Cortes' ladies this season, broke the deadlock two minutes from half time at Nuevo Matapinonera Stadium.

After the restart, the 25-year-old continued from where she left as she was set up by Caroline Hansen to grab her second league brace of the season two minutes into the second half.

In the 73rd minute, Hansen provided her third assist of the match as Jenni Hermoso netted the third for Barca before substitute Aitana Bonmati scored two minutes from time to seal the victory.

Oshoala, who was in action for 68 minutes before being replaced by Bonmati, has now scored in five successive games for Barcelona and has eight goals in 11 games in all competitions this season.

Her brace also saw her move into second spot on the scoring chart with seven goals from seven league games - one behind her teammate Hermoso who scored her eighth in the contest.

The result means Barcelona extended their winning streak to seven matches in all competitions, holding a point lead at the summit of the Spanish Primera Iberdrola log after seven matches.

On the other hand, the defeat saw Madrid suffer their third loss in a row, but are still seventh on the log pending other results. They will visit Logrono for the next game before the international break.

After the win, Oshoala and Barcelona will shift focus to their Champions League campaign, with their next fixture a Round of 16-second leg clash with Minsk on Wednesday.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/10/oshoala-scores-brace-for-barca-against.html?m=1

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique
Re: Oshoala Scores A Brace For Barca Against Madrid by nwamabo247(m): 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2019
Nice one for her. please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. more details.see my signature below
Re: Oshoala Scores A Brace For Barca Against Madrid by lexyman(m): 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
this girl is becoming a force to recon with , keep doing it Oshoa

(1) (Reply)

2009 U17 World Cup Golden Ball Winner Reveals Plot Against TB Joshua / u / C. Ronaldo Bought A Savior For Juventus Thanks To A Controversial Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.