Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,446 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project (3248 Views)

Tinubu Congratulates Fayemi Over Election As FORAF President / Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight / APC Suspends Kayode Fayemi Over Anti-Party Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by lackren(m): 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
The Former governor of Lagos State and the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has mocked Ekiti State governor, Kayode Fayemi over the construction of Ekiti Airport project in the state.

Tinubu said that there is no need for an airport in Ado-Ekiti, the capital of Ekiti State.

Tinubu said what the Ekiti State should do is to push for the fixing of the Akure-Ado-Ekiti Road because an airport in Akure will effectively serve both states.

Tinubu stated this at the seventh convocation ceremony of Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUA).

Tinubu, the Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, the Obi of Onitsha, His Royal Majesty, Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe and Professor Anthony Olusegun Adegbulugbe, were conferred with honorary degrees at the event. READ FULL STORY HERE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by nyerovwo04: 8:53pm On Oct 26, 2019
See wetin person wen wan b president de open e brown teeth de talk chaai nigeria is finished
Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by stonemasonn: 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
nyerovwo04:
See wetin person wen wan b president de open e brown teeth de talk chaai nigeria is finished
is he wrong?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by Guestlander: 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
Fake news?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by pefosa(m): 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
truly spoken but that will in deaf ears as they are looking for way to embezzle money
Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by FarahAideed: 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
For the first time in 4 years this hyper greedy man had made sense

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by kehinde1588(m): 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2019
Where did Tinubu mock Fayemi in the article?

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by aremuforlife(m): 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2019
This is the fact, what we need in ekiti is industralization and not some kind elephant project

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by WonderManly(m): 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
lackren:
The Former governor of Lagos State and the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has mocked Ekiti State governor, Kayode Fayemi over the construction of Ekiti Airport project in the state.

Tinubu said that there is no need for an airport in Ado-Ekiti, the capital of Ekiti State.

Tinubu said what the Ekiti State should do is to push for the fixing of the Akure-Ado-Ekiti Road because an airport in Akure will effectively serve both states.

Tinubu stated this at the seventh convocation ceremony of Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUA).

Tinubu, the Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, the Obi of Onitsha, His Royal Majesty, Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe and Professor Anthony Olusegun Adegbulugbe, were conferred with honorary degrees at the event. READ FULL STORY HERE

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2019
Yorubas are not United....Too bad
Fighting each other....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by Southsoul: 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
Channel to steal fat with big project...
Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
He told him the truth. Nigerians don't like to hear the truth.

He should have given Aregberascal similar advice though...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
Tinubu made sense though.
Those foolish Governors always embark on white elephant projects as a way to syphon money.
Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by simpleseyi: 10:05pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Fighting each other....

Pele united Igbo boy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by iluvdonjazzy: 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
TRUE TALK
Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by iluvdonjazzy: 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2019
nyerovwo04:
you are just be naive.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by Blue3k(m): 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2019
[quote author=WonderManly post=83489855][/quote]

He did say it on camera. The journalist should have repost a snippet of the event for doubters. Im just wondering why he has nothing to say about osun airport project. The economy of Ekiti isnt much bigger than osun afterall.

He didnt mock anyone though as writer claimed...

Timespamp: 2:14:29 - 2:14:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IajqOKemql4
Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by hargbolahan01: 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Fighting each other....
what is the meaning not united when he is advising them...if that billions budgeted for airport is used for public private partnership(PPP) do you know thousand of job it will create

why build airport when you don't have strong economy in the state

it's just about senses not abt disunity

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by WonderManly(m): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
Blue3k:

I don't think its fake news. Im just wondering why he has nothing to say about osun airport project.
Okay now! Don't rush then! He will still say something. Keep on waiting...
Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by Blue3k(m): 11:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
Guestlander:
Fake news?

It's not fake. Watch video yourself from timemark
2:14:29 - 2:14:58.

WonderManly:

Okay now! Don't rush then! He will still say something. Keep on waiting...

Ok we'll see.
Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by jabor4Naija(m): 12:09am On Oct 27, 2019
Dis is not a case of yoruba not bin united, dis is a case of hitting d nail on its head. There is no need for an airport in ekiti when there is one at akure, just fix d roads shikena

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by NGpatriot: 12:36am On Oct 27, 2019
nyerovwo04:

It doesn't matter what you people hear good or bad, it means Nigeria is finished.

No sense, just bitterness and hatred.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by Guestlander: 12:38am On Oct 27, 2019
Blue3k:

It's not fake. Watch video yourself from timemark
2:14:29 - 2:14:58.

Ok we'll see.

Where did he mock Fayemi? I need to see that part. You took a snipet of a speech and then try to twist it into another thing.
What exactly did hd say that could be even mistaken for mockery?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by Blue3k(m): 12:43am On Oct 27, 2019
Guestlander:

Where did he mock Fayemi? I need to see that part. You took a snipet of a speech and then try to twist it into another thing.

I didnt say he mocked Fayemi. I agree the author got that wrong. He's right about him not agreeing with project. The article is a half truth at best.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by Guestlander: 12:46am On Oct 27, 2019
Blue3k:

I didnt say he mocked Fayemi. I agree the author got that wrong. He's right about him not agreeing with project..

I think it was Fayose who wanted to build an airport. I might be wrong though. He is absolutely right that the economy of the state is not large enough to support an airport.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by NGpatriot: 12:49am On Oct 27, 2019
Guestlander:

Twisting and dramatizing innocent comments especially Tinubu related comments gets a lot of likes and traffic .

Tinubu gave a sound and credible advise.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by Blue3k(m): 12:51am On Oct 27, 2019
Guestlander:

I think it was Fayose who wanted to build an airport. I might be wrong though. He is absolutely right that the economy of the state is not large enough to support an airport.

It doesn't matter to me who's idea it was. Fayemi flagged off construction a week ago. Do you think Ekiti will cancel the project because Tinubu says the project is bad?
Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by grandstar(m): 1:04am On Oct 27, 2019
Blue3k:

It doesn't matter to me who's idea it was. Fayemi flagged off construction a week ago. Do you think Ekiti will cancel the project because Tinubu says the project is bad?

The project is a white elephant from the word go. Fayemi should stop it. This is more so considering the state is broke.

Better if the money is spend building world class industrial estates with 24 hour power supply and going all out, to encourage investments into it, They can even give the investors subsidies for them to set up.
Re: Tinubu Mocks Fayemi Over Ekiti Airport Project by Solsix(m): 4:39am On Oct 27, 2019
nyerovwo04:
He is right, fayemi should rather invest in other businesses that would benefit the state right

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chadian Army Buys 20 Armoured Vehicles From Proforce Nigeria / How Newly Appointed EFCC Boss Was Once Arrested For Theft / Panic As 300-metre-high Skyscraper Wobbles In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.