Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,032 members, 7,835,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Beware Of Modern Day Idols - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of Modern Day Idols (405 Views)

Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man / Modern Day Idols (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Modern Day Idols by Righteousness89(m): 10:31am On Oct 27, 2019
Exodus 20:1-5
1 And God spake all these words, saying,
2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

1John 5:21
21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

One of God's Commandments is that we Should have no other gods before Him or make any graven image and bow down before them.

When we think of idolatry we tend to think of graven images,idols,False gods and shrines. While this is true, the fact is that times have changed since the Bible days, so have the appearances of most idols. While we still have many easily identifiable idols that match our traditional definition of what an idol should appear or look like, many idols parade themselves as normal everyday items.

Anything that takes pre-eminence in your Life other than GOD ALMIGHTY is an idol. Whatever you value more than GOD is an idol for you.

In other words you may not have to go to your village and bow to a shrine or graven image before you are guilty of idolatry. You may live in the Most elegant and sophisticated part of the city, or may a phd holder and still be an idol worshipper. ANYTHING YOU CONSTANTLY GIVE YOUR TIME, ENERGY and RESOURCES to Over GOD ALMIGHTY is your idol.

For some Persons, Material possessions, Money have become their idol. They value money more than anything.
For others, the allure of Fame and Power is their idol. They will do anything to become someone in society.
For some persons, it is Makeup or jewelleries. They Spend all they have even to the detriment of their families financial Well being.
Family and Friends can become idols as some people value these relationship with GOD.

As Children of GOD, with Aspirations to Make Heaven, we must ensure that we are not engaging in any Form of Modern day idolatry. Having any other God other than the ALMIGHTY GOD is a Sure way to Disater. GOD ALMIGHTY is a Jealous GOD. If you are guilty of any of these, it's time to make Amends before its to late..
Re: Beware Of Modern Day Idols by Asquare84(m): 11:39am On Oct 27, 2019
No 1 on the list of idol people worship in place of GOD is football

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which of these angels will human Judge? / 2020: China To Hijack Govt, Saudi, Mali, Others To Turn Nigeria Into Muslim Sta / What Is Secret Sin? ....please Read This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.