Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,500 members, 7,958,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:16 PM

What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union (62021 Views)

We Talking About Nigeria Presidency, Not Traders' Union Nor Anambra Gov - Wike / Border Closure: Rice Smugglers Divert To Pineapples / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Thegoodone13(m): 11:25am On Oct 28, 2019
Successlane:

I owe you a cold bottle of ………… (fill in your choice, and let me pick the bill)

It's only a leader that has ball that can hold the bull by the horn this way.

The boarder closure is in the interest of the vast majority of Nigerians, but the very few (negligible percentage of the total populace), who are feeding fat from the illegal trading are crying to the high heaven.

Unfortunately, some ignorant ones, who Buhari is fighting to secure their future are been misguided and blindfolding with ethnic and political scarves. by these saboteurs

. Thank u

2 Likes

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by naijadrivablog: 11:25am On Oct 28, 2019
psychologygh:
go and feed your 200 million poverty capital of the world citizens. Do you know the meaning of trade.It goes two ways.Did you listen to the man.Ghana will rather block trades with Nigeria and rather trade with Dubai and Europe.Already trade among West African ECOWAS members is the lowest in the world. Ghana exports gold,timber,oil,manufactured products, etc worth 17 billion dollars and out of it,just 80 million dollars goes to Nigeria. So how does a few loss not even loss cos the products can be sold to Europe and China.How does 80 million dollars feed Ghana. Tell me.It's your own people that will suffer cos you can't trade among all these countries again and no imports and exports for them thus businesses and jobs collapsing in Nigeria. Food and goods more than double in prices and majority of your people can't afford such high inflated living.You can't even feed yourself thus closing all your borders to starve yourselves and you're ignorantly shouting that you feed Africa.Despicable words.

Go and rant in CEDDiland.

6 Likes

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by UniportAgbero: 11:26am On Oct 28, 2019
grandstar:

I am Nigerian.

There's so much empty bragging by some Nigerians but the problem is primary a poor understanding of economics. The guys bragging represent a small percentage though. Most Nigerians condemn the border closure except you're a rice farmer making obscene profits from Nigerians paying through the nose for their grain.

They fail to see that closing the borders primarily to stop the smuggling in of rice is counterproductive. Nigeria does not even have comparative advantage in rice production. A ban on its importation or high tariff walls is the wrong way to go. You're better off importing the things you lack comparative advantage in.

The president has a very poor understanding of economics. Worse, he refuses to listen to experts. All he has been doing since assuming power is to borrow to the heavens money to build projects here and there to stimulate the economy. This isn't working as some of his crude policies, such as the border closure has scared off foreign investments into the country.

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by RUDEBOYY(m): 11:29am On Oct 28, 2019
Ghana said if it continue they will boycott big for Dubai.. cheesy
My question is show can you boycott someone that have already boycott you

7 Likes

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 28, 2019
Just30:
because Ghana has to speak for the smaller countries in the region

So the smaller countries have no sovereignty to speak for themselves.Abi?
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Eteka1(m): 11:31am On Oct 28, 2019
grandstar:

I am Nigerian.

There's so much empty bragging by some Nigerians but the problem is primary a poor understanding of economics. The guys bragging represent a small percentage though. Most Nigerians condemn the border closure except you're a rice farmer making obscene profits from Nigerians paying through the nose for their grain.

They fail to see that closing the borders primarily to stop the smuggling in of rice is counterproductive. Nigeria does not even have comparative advantage in rice production. A ban on its importation or high tariff walls is the wrong way to go. You're better off importing the things you lack comparative advantage in.

The president has a very poor understanding of economics. Worse, he refuses to listen to experts. All he has been doing since assuming power is to borrow to the heavens money to build projects here and there to stimulate the economy. This isn't working as some of his crude policies, such as the border closure has scared off foreign investments into the country.

You are totally wrong Sir. This is a great policy, not only for rice but for many other sectors e.g manufacturing.

Benin Republic is killing our economy with its unwholesome trade practices. The allow people to import anything possible into Cotonu, collect import duties and then look the other way while the contraband is smuggled back into Nigeria through numerous smuggling routes.

These contraband goods are detrimental to our economy and security cos even arms and ammunition are smuggled in.

11 Likes

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Cryptomoney(m): 11:32am On Oct 28, 2019
ibechris:

See my brother take it easy,the point is clear, Ghana needs Nigeria more than ever. Therefore, Nigeria is the biggest trading partner Ghanian can boast of in Africa.
Complain less, because the major reason why Nigeria closed this border is not because we don't want Ghana to succeed economically,but we have crisis in Nigeria. Armed bandits have more guns than the Nigerian police and army put together and the best way to checkmate this looming problem is by closing the border temporarily. And we all know that nothing goes for nothing,therefore let us all feel the pain.
Consequently, Nigeria is the giant of Africa,there was a saying in all those good old days that says,if Nigeria sneezes Ghana will catch cold. Now we all see why Ghana was mentioned and not even Niger and Benin republic. Ghana seems to be disturbed and pained for this singular act by the Nigerian govt,all because of the little sneezes.
If I were Nigeria,I rather use the border closure to as a bait to correct a lot of ills in those countries where our brothers and sisters are being tortured and maltreated for being Nigerians, examples are South Africa,Togo,Ghana and Cameroun. These countries especially our neighbour,Ghana,I would have prefer Ghana to suffer for being ungrateful and stupid. This was a country that Nigeria catered for her citizens when they were devastated economically. Yes! we gave them everything including free education and name it. Yet,they claimed nothing was given to them.
And for those who might be incensed with this measure, this is the only way to proof to them that we are the true "Giant of Africa" like this comment or not, Ghana must bow.

Nice one bro. What should be considered should be considered earlier that's what i can add.

After the rain comes sunshine.. Nigeria has alot to consider b4 moving to open the border

Beside the world is going digital, cryptocurrency is changing lives making even the common man a millionaire by just investing in the right coin.. The banks are going the coins are coming #ByourownBank
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by yemex04(m): 11:34am On Oct 28, 2019
psychologygh:
go and feed your 200 million poverty capital of the world citizens. Do you know the meaning of trade.It goes two ways.Did you listen to the man.Ghana will rather block trades with Nigeria and rather trade with Dubai and Europe.Already trade among West African ECOWAS members is the lowest in the world. Ghana exports gold,timber,oil,manufactured products, etc worth 17 billion dollars and out of it,just 80 million dollars goes to Nigeria. So how does a few loss not even loss cos the products can be sold to Europe and China.How does 80 million dollars feed Ghana. Tell me.It's your own people that will suffer cos you can't trade among all these countries again and no imports and exports for them thus businesses and jobs collapsing in Nigeria. Food and goods more than double in prices and majority of your people can't afford such high inflated living.You can't even feed yourself thus closing all your borders to starve yourselves and you're ignorantly shouting that you feed Africa.Despicable words.

Then it's very simple..Ghana should its peace and stop all the lamentations about the border closure.
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 28, 2019
kolade560:
Why are Nigerians seeing this as a fight or means of gaining power over other countries? Closure of border has inimical effects on Nigeria's economy and other neighbouring countries. Don't just talk for talking sake if you don't know what economics of trade is all about.

The border was closed because the rules on the economics of trade has been breached

4 Likes

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Arizonaguy(m): 11:48am On Oct 28, 2019
psychologygh:
You are a fool mister
Ghana sourcing commodities they can easily get from Nigeria or other Neighbouring countries from Europe or elsewhere will only drive up inflation in their country, also depletes their foreign reserve and depreciates their currency
You are so lacking in common sense

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Germi9: 11:52am On Oct 28, 2019
psychologygh:
You talk like an illiterate,like it or not..the border closure has greatly affected your country because Ghana doesn't produce and still have not realised the benefits of making ur own products and consuming it,meanwhile you are somewhat right because I have been to Ghana and majority of product are exported from Nigeria to Ghana even beer and cigarettes.You talk about trading with Dubai and co,well I wish you well because this countries have no good intentions other than to milk your economy dry,not to even consider the distance of shipping or airlifting goods.from all indication I can categorically tell you that your pathetic country don't want to be productive and grow,yet you.open your filthy mouth to disrespect a Nation like Nigeria who is showing good example you should emulate,well I don't blame you,a child that is been carried on the back doesn't know how far the road is....#beguided

7 Likes

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by MMempire(m): 11:54am On Oct 28, 2019
grandstar:

I am Nigerian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by southpole: 11:56am On Oct 28, 2019
psychologygh:
A high profile smuggler spotted
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by ugofulfilled(m): 11:56am On Oct 28, 2019
Multiplier7:

Go and ask BBNaija how he did his show 99 days with constant light. They didn't take light

Or maybe you should ask David Oyedepo, since Canaan land otta was built, light have not gone out for once.

Or maybe you should ask MTN
Even Innoson.

Never give excuse for your failures

His Lordship, Bishop Oyedepo generates his own electricity independent of the federal government. Never forget he has the financial capacity & wisdom. but the individual you're quoting may not & he has the right like every Nigerian to a steady supply of electricity. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by southpole: 12:01pm On Oct 28, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

It's stupid cause Buhari does not understand the lay man!!!

Why budget billions for himself every year

Are we not in the same Nigeria

He should come down to the masses level, then I will know he means business!!!

A good president listens to the cries of the people he's leading but it appears he still has ear infections!!!
is not difficult to spot a musggler
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by phantom(m): 12:11pm On Oct 28, 2019
sparko1:

Are you kidding me, you will trade with Dubai! hahahahahah! you are very funny! The whole goods in your store can't pay for a night in Dubai, or Europe, you better beg and stop the ranting! Even the almighty China is begging Nigeria for trade union, I am talking of countries with enough population to cause a stare not that your 13.2 million country(pun intended) country!

Statistically, you only benefit from Nigeria, we have nothing to gain from you, no oil, no human resources, no good climate! on top of it no beautiful people! Young man stop talking! Listen to the man, he is already crying, you are here talking trash.

I thought Nigeria is poverty capital and you will rather die than visit its border why the wailing? why not enjoy your paradise, we starve ourselves is it your starving, why do you suddenly care about our well being! Bunch of lazy mofos!

Savage! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2019
Johans1991:
U want Nigeria to open border but you pursue Dangote from your country.
You lobbied Toyota to site their production plant in Ghana knowingly well that u don't have d market to give them. You were targeting Nigerian market now we don Wise up .
We will all go back to patronized innoson motors.
Any company that want the 200 millions Nigerians to patronized their goods should come and site their company in Nigerian. We have the land,the manpower and the market.

Nigeria can reach the feat of china if utilize her huge human resources duly

1 Like

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by moorevic(m): 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2019
This border closure is for our own good and if Nigerians will utilize this opportunity to produce standard services and products, the effect on the economic growth will be less felt.
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by GOOOGLE504(m): 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2019
Multiplier7:

Honey is for your own good but you don't know yet. This fuel scarcity we Nigerians normally experience every Christmas period is not gonna happen due to the blockage of fuel smuggling out of the country

So indirectly you will travel with peace of mind and still come back no changes in transport fares

Isn't that for your benefit at least?
Among other benefits

so some people really still believe borders are closed and goods are not going and coming.. smh
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 12:23pm On Oct 28, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Abeg leave my mouth na me get am!!!

Buhari did worse, where were you then

Initially I thought he had something to offer before I realized we have been scammed by the father of modern day Yahoo grin cheesy

What's good about this stupid decision

Is it possible for ALL Nigerians to be into the same occupation

What about those you encouraged to register their businesses Have you thought about what they and their families are going through

Why not cancel ALL the universities and turn them to a UNIVERSITY OF FARMING

How can a government that means well put all it egg in one basket

What economy can survive that

Leave the North where things are extremely cheap!!! Leave your comfort zone and remove the log from your eyes so that you can actually see the havoc this devilish policies is wrecking then come back and talk to me!!!

ignorance is terrible thing
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Guestlander: 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2019
Prettyjanet1:

Our men in uniform should be blame for this. The system is just too corrupt and needs sanitization. Closing the border is not a correct measure to this. Say no to policy that brings hardship to the populace. I rest my case

There are real costs to smuggling, it can kill or stunt the development of a whole industry. It will deprive your government of huge revenue. Not to mention the security implications.
Border closures of course should be a temporary solution until a more permanent solution is put in place.
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Kennyswagz1(m): 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2019
I hate Ghana with passion.. I wonder what Nigerians see in that country that makes them to travel there
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by MUMUdom: 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2019
who gives a fvck! fuckeeduppedness grin if you like close it till thy kingdom come. by the time una eyes go clear huh grin grin grin grin very dumb, mumu mudder fuggerz grin who told you that closing a border solves any problem?

Nigeria Economy May Slip Back Into Recession. Yari grin

Abdulaziz Yari, Zamfara State governor, who also doubles as the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, has warned that Nigeria may head for another economic recession due to the decline in oil price.
Yari projected that the vital oil industry maybe hit by another weaker global prices, which has fallen from highs of about $112 a barrel in 2014 to below $75 at the moment.

Yari, while speaking at the opening ceremony of an induction programme for newly-elected and returning governors in Abuja, said “this scenario is a wake-up call for all of you to come amply prepared to face these kinds of challenges.”

“We are expecting the possibility of another cycle of recession by mid-2020 and which may last up to third quarter of 2021,” he added.

Similar thoughts was also shared by the monetary policy committee of the Central Bank of Nigeria in December 2018.

Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Godwin Emefiele, said the economy had started showing signs of weakness.

According to Emefiele, the slowdown emanated from the oil sector, with strong linkages to employment and growth.

Yari, therefore, advised that governors to “look inward by boosting your revenue generation base” and also use the revenue judiciously.

The Zamfara State governor said the outgoing governors have agreed that borrowing is not a good means of solving economic problems.

He urged the incoming governors to multiply revenue generation base so as to “change the course of doing government business for the betterment of the people”.

Nigeria’s economy exited recession in 2017 after suffering contraction for five consecutive quarters.

Critics say government policies made a bad situation even worse. The decision to delay devaluing Nigeria’s currency meant many businesses struggled to get foreign currency to pay for imports, which had a worse effect on the entire economy.

The slump in global oil prices hit Nigeria hard with the government getting about 70% of its revenues from oil sales.

https://m.guardian.ng/category/news/nigeria/

[s]
WorWorBoy2:
Nonsense upon nonsense, Nigeria border will remain Closed till 2023. Go and die.
[/s]

1 Share

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by mygame: 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Shey Buhari wey no get sense, you dey talk all these sensible grammar to

The guy wants to cripple this economy

Try the northern borders, I learnt he's not strict there grin grin grin grin

That's our nepotistic president for you!!!
Why not stick to your topic? I tot u are educated despite what u read!!!
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Kingpele(m): 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2019
[quote author=psychologygh post=83514055]go and feed your 200 million poverty capital of the world citizens. Do you know the meaning of trade.It goes two ways.Did you listen to the man.Ghana will rather block trades with Nigeria and rather trade with Dubai and Europe.Already trade among West African ECOWAS members is the lowest in the world. Ghana exports gold,timber,oil,manufactured products, etc worth 17 billion dollars and out of it,just 80 million dollars goes to Nigeria. So how does a few loss not even loss cos the products can be sold to Europe and China.How does 80 million dollars feed Ghana. Tell me.It's your own people that will suffer cos you can't trade among all these countries again and no imports and exports for them thus businesses and jobs collapsing in Nigeria. Food and goods more than double in prices and majority of your people can't afford such high inflated living.You can't even feed yourself thus closing all your borders to starve yourselves and you're ignorantly shouting that you feed Africa.Despicable words.[mr man u might claim or even be a Ghanaian but since you are in Nigerian forum u better respect yourself,
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by ameh99: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2019
psychologygh:

Why are you so pained? Are you a Ghanaian?

Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Ironi: 1:09pm On Oct 28, 2019
Many of you are just plain stupid and wonder whether you understand the implications of closing your border without even notifying your neighbours.

You have caused perishable products already on its way to Nigeria and other countries and vice versa,

Now you are blocking exports and imports by road which passed through Nigeria and does not have Nigeria as the final destination.

This is the essence of ECOWAS and not Nigerians fleeing their shithole lawless country to go and be pest in other countries.

You are here forming and pretending as if Nigeria is US meanwhile you poverty level and unemployment levels surpasses any country in Africa.

Nigeria is the biggest shithole Africa has to offer .,
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by Kennyswagz1(m): 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2019
psychologygh:
what are the products Ghana manufactures? gringrin
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2019
Multiplier7:
Lol...They ask this man what will Ghana do if the border continues to remain close? My ears popped up to know what he will say..

Hear his reply...We pray it doesn't remain close... I laughed...The man knew better

They can't do any shit. Close your own border..the worst

Run to ECOWAS... I laughed..ECOWAS that is controlled by 99% Nigerians.

I have said it again and again. The only way out is diplomatic means.. And to me that means begging Buhari until he changes his mind

And the Baba I know will not open that border this year. Do you know what it means to beg a soldier talk more of a retired Soldier.. Lol
Lol, I know o my bros. I'm currently serving with the Nigerian army and they are hard nuts to crack.
Re: What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union by adenigga(m): 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2019
Beat123:
Stop deceiving yourself! I been in Ghana long enough... you can’t do shit. Y’all noise makers. The same people that wanted nigerians out of their business lines?

You call nigeria poor but on equal numbers, Ghana is poorer! How many Ghanaians can live comfortably like the average Nigerian in ghana!
You guys hate never ends...
you can trade with Dubai and all sort. We don’t care!

Nigerians made you! From kof town all the was to kasoa and the rest.... insult us as you like!
We’ve grown pass the stage to exchange words with people who think they better but their currency ain’t worth shit despite the value

God Will bless you for this comment.

You're a genius!!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation / Boko Haram Bombs Gwoza, Borno Mosque / Deji Adeyanju Flown Abroad For Treatment After Brutal Beating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.