Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Apc National Leader Tinubu – I’m Not Against Ekiti Cargo Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc National Leader Tinubu – I’m Not Against Ekiti Cargo Airport (485 Views)

Tinubu: I’m Ready To Dedicate My Entire Being To Service Of Nigeria And Africa / Ladoja To Tinubu: I’m Your Elder Brother, I Will Support Your Aspiration (Video) / Tinubu: I’m Back To Develop Nigeria’s Democracy, Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc National Leader Tinubu – I’m Not Against Ekiti Cargo Airport by eyesoflagos: 4:58am On Oct 28, 2019
Apc National Leader Tinubu – I’m Not Against Ekiti Cargo Airport
source: https://eyesoflagos.com/2019/10/28/apc-national-leader-tinubu-im-not-against-ekiti-cargo-airport/

National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has debunked media report suggesting that he is opposed to the ongoing construction of Cargo Airport in Ekiti State.

Governor Kayode Fayemi is currently embarking on the construction of airport in Ekiti, a move seen by many as misplacement of priority.

While the condemnation over the project rages, an on online medium had framed Tinubu’s statement at the recent 10th anniversary and 7th convocation ceremony of Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) to give the impression that he was opposed to the project.

Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, Reacting to the report, Tinubu in a statement made available to newsmen by his media aide, Tunde Rahman accused the online medium of presenting ‘inaccurate and incorrect reporting’.

The former Lagos State governor said the report is “yet another in the plethora of fake news that dots the land, which lamentably is the bane of many an online news platform”

He said he is not opposed to the cargo airport being developed in Ekiti because of its potential to aid development of the state through rapid movement of agricultural products, goods and experts.

“What the APC leader is opposed to and in fact spoke against in Ado-Ekiti is creating another main airport since there is already one in neighbouring Akure in Ondo State. This bears restating in order to put the record straight.

“Asiwaju also condemned the tardy services at the Akure Airport whereby planes could not land at 8 am because some key navigational officers had not reported for duty at that business hour, promising to take the matter up with the appropriate authorities”.

The statement insisted that authors of the report were either clearly mis-informed or deliberately out to create mischief and cause disaffection between Tinubu and the authorities working on the cargo airport or perhaps to use his good name as an alibi to scuttle the plans for the cargo airport.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc National Leader Tinubu – I’m Not Against Ekiti Cargo Airport by jidamsel43(m): 5:02am On Oct 28, 2019
Another airport in Ekiti when there is tardy one in Ondo state. Our government should stop the attitude of misplace of priority. Enough of white elephant projects .

1 Like

Re: Apc National Leader Tinubu – I’m Not Against Ekiti Cargo Airport by voltron14: 5:18am On Oct 28, 2019
jidamsel43:
Another airport in Ekiti when there is tardy one in Ondo state. Our government should stop the attitude of misplace of priority. Enough of white elephant projects .

Cargo airport though I think it's not necessary either.

1 Like

Re: Apc National Leader Tinubu – I’m Not Against Ekiti Cargo Airport by Rednaxelot: 6:57am On Oct 28, 2019
The same airport issue Aregbesola used to siphon billions of Naira from Osun State

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Senators Screen NDDC Board Nominees / Buhari, Saudi Crown Prince Agree To Establish Nigeria – Saudi Council / 2023 Presidential Election: How Far Can Elrufai Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.