Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,115 members, 7,852,780 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

Lagos Is So Much Safer Than It Used To Be - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is So Much Safer Than It Used To Be (627 Views)

Attention: Ward 022, Ejigbo Lagos Is Being Rigged / Pdp Is No Longer The Monster It Used To Be - Kwankwaso / My Family Is Safer In Nigeria Than In South Africa - South African Businessman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Is So Much Safer Than It Used To Be by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 12, 2010
I remember those days when one slept with one eye open.

When hoodlums could invade your home at 3am and demand your car keys and cash at gun point, and then depart after firing their guns into the air, daring anyone to approach them.

When a car drive after 9pm was widely regarded as a reckless death-wish.

My God it's changed now.

We drive around now at 2am, 4am etc with no fear of carjackers.

Even the protective street gates we have in some places are looking outdated and unnecessary now.

Lagos sure has moved on.
Re: Lagos Is So Much Safer Than It Used To Be by DapoBear(m): 7:49am On Nov 12, 2010
Action Congress (the children of Awolowo) for the win.

Hopefully AC kicks some PDP @$$. . .
Re: Lagos Is So Much Safer Than It Used To Be by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 12, 2010
I think the crime rate has dropped.
Re: Lagos Is So Much Safer Than It Used To Be by Gbawe: 10:56am On Nov 12, 2010
ROSSIKE:

I remember those days when one slept with one eye open.

When hoodlums could invade your home at 3am and demand your car keys and cash at gun point, and then depart after firing their guns into the air, daring anyone to approach them.

When a car drive after 9pm was widely regarded as a reckless death-wish.

My God it's changed now.

We drive around now at 2am, 4am etc with no fear of carjackers.

Even the protective street gates we have in some places are looking outdated and unnecessary now.

Lagos sure has moved on.

You are totally correct. We have Fashola to thank completely . His detractors are indolent enemies of progress. Is an improvement in security, attested to by Lagosians themselves, not incontrovertible proof that Fashola is the best? Yet some disgruntled elements will come here to say he is a glorified tree planter !!! At a time when most states are becoming more unsafe Lagos is actually bucking the trend . Can you imagine what we will enjoy if Fashola gets his demand for State Policing? The PDP will only leave us with thieving Vampires . Vote them out and gain more leaders like Governor Fashola . They exist but we must help them emerge.
Re: Lagos Is So Much Safer Than It Used To Be by PhilMoane: 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2010
This is to me a testimony.

I pray things get more better.

I love ACN governors so far.

Even though they are not 100% productive,

They are far better than their PDP counterpart.

As for the security improvement, I am glad.
Re: Lagos Is So Much Safer Than It Used To Be by aljharem(m): 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2010
thank God lago is better

at least we have somewhere to run to
Re: Lagos Is So Much Safer Than It Used To Be by PhilMoane: 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2010
Corruption of LASTMA is just the little BUT I still want to be checked.

I came home last December.

While I was driving through Adeniyi jones Avenue to connect Oba Akran.

A LASTMA official did a Magic that I really didn't like.

We stopped obeying the traffic light when about entering Oba Akran,

but the woman claimed we had passed the point we were supposed to stop.

She couldn't do the man ahead of me anything because he was in a jeep with full AC.

I felt relaxed because I knew I had not do anything wrong. But Alas. It wasn't as i Thought.

The woman acting cunningly came and force my door open (I was not using AC).

Not even the money She forced me to pay her is my problem. But talked in a very abusive manner that berates her and LASTMA.

This area of preying on people for no justified reason than exploitation needed to be handled by our Gov.

I know lagos can still be a pace setter in this area.

Eko o ni baje ooooo.
Re: Lagos Is So Much Safer Than It Used To Be by juman(m): 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2010
Thank God. We are expecting all other states contolling by other parties in the South should be safe like this or even more safer.
OBJ and PDP (People Deceiving People), by next election, we are going to sweep you people away totally from the SW.

alj harem:

thank God lago is better

at least we have somewhere to run to

grin cheesy smiley
Re: Lagos Is So Much Safer Than It Used To Be by texazzpete(m): 2:18pm On Nov 12, 2010
Gbawe:

You are totally correct. We have Fashola to thank completely . His detractors are indolent enemies of progress. Is an improvement in security, attested to by Lagosians themselves, not incontrovertible proof that Fashola is the best? Yet some disgruntled elements will come here to say he is a glorified tree planter !!! At a time when most states are becoming more unsafe Lagos is actually bucking the trend . Can you imagine what we will enjoy if Fashola gets his demand for State Policing? The PDP will only leave us with thieving Vampires . Vote them out and gain more leaders like Governor Fashola . They exist but we must help them emerge.

Tell your beloved Fashola to settle with the striking doctors. See Lagosians suffering and smiling!

Gbawe:

His detractors are indolent enemies of progress.

Trust Nigerians to lump all critics as 'PHDs' or 'enemies of progress'.
Re: Lagos Is So Much Safer Than It Used To Be by darozz(m): 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2010
I pray the same thing for Edo. we are getting better, we will get there soon

(1) (Reply)

An Excellent Piece And Timely Reminder Of The Uduaghan /ibori Years / Editorial: An Unbaised Look At Philips Emeagwali / Quiz - So You Sabi Say You Know Naija.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.