Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) (26946 Views)

Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo / Female NYSC Member Arrested And Remanded In Custody For Fraud. Photo / EFCC Declares Woman Wanted For N1 Billion Fraud (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by PotatoSalad(m): 7:48am On Oct 29, 2019
How does these people sleep at night?
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by Sirmuel1(m): 7:49am On Oct 29, 2019
realestniggah:
At this stage if we check a typical Nigeria DNA we are going to find corruption and fraud embedded in it

Speak for yourself
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by DTeekay(m): 7:54am On Oct 29, 2019
Who are they arresting for the $460million CCTV contract scam in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by Adrian98(m): 7:54am On Oct 29, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S7 for sale 20k. Blank screen. Dm
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by Lonelypacifist6: 7:54am On Oct 29, 2019
PotatoSalad:
How does these people sleep at night?
Naked rolling in fraud money.
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by SoNature(m): 7:56am On Oct 29, 2019
Azmanaty:
I am tired of reading bad and shameful news here in this forum.

The mods should just pretend for a day and not send any of those kind of topics to the front page. If they do it, they don't die. Kai!

No way!

Nigerian news, not music or movies, is a true reflection of who we are.

News must be allowed to flow uninterrupted.

Let's not pretend, Nigeria has many criminals

Almost every street in Southern Nigeria has a Yahoo-yahoo guy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by Chiemerie8(m): 7:57am On Oct 29, 2019
crime no dey pay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by engrkaz(m): 7:59am On Oct 29, 2019
Very true. I was scammed of 1.6 million in 2016. If I hear cashew nuts see as I dey japa these days.
voltron14:
When it comes to procuring produce I cannot say if these guys aren't victims themselves.

We need more information.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by wink2015(m): 8:00am On Oct 29, 2019
Alimani:
A Federal High Court in Lagos on Monday remanded a Nigerian Olakunle Bello Shola and a dual Indian-Canadian citizen, Santosh Singh, following their arraignment for alleged N100,075,000 fraud.

Justice Oluremi Oguntoyinbo made the order after Lakunle 31 and Santosh 43, pleaded not guilty to a one-count charge of obtaining by false pretence, preferred against them by the Police Special Fraud Unit (PSFU) Ikoyi, Lagos.

She remanded the defendants in the Nigerian Correctional Services custody for ruling on their bail applications on November 4.

The prosecutor, Mr. Sylvester Azuibuike, alleged that the defendants and one Vivek Bansal, now at large, with intent to defraud, obtained N100,075 million from a bank, through their company, Continental Logistics Ltd.

They deceived the bank that the money would be used to procure 240 metric tonnes of Sesame seed and 44.9 metric tonnes of cashew nuts, which were to be stored at a warehouse in Kano State.

The court heard that the defendants allegedly falsely told the bank the deal would be a tripartite agreement involving Continental Logistics Ltd, Thramaseed Inpex Ltd and the bank.

The offence, according to the prosecutor, contravened Section 1(2) of the Advanced Fee Fraud and other related Offences Act, 2006 and was punishable under Section 1(3) of the same Act.

Following the defendants’ plea of not guilty, the prosecutor applied for a trial date, while also praying the court to remand the defendants till the determination of the charge against them.

But the defence team led by Mr Olalekan Ojo (SAN) opposed him.

Ojo told the judge that the defendants had filed bail applications and same had been served on the prosecution.

He prayed the court to hear their applications and admit the defendants to bail “in the most liberal terms.”

Justice Oguntoyinbo granted him leave to move the applications, but reserved ruling till November 4.

She fixed December 11, for commencement of trial.

Source;
https://thenationonlineng.net/nigerian-canadian-remanded-for-n100m-fraud/

Thievery is the bane of Nigeria 's everyday life.

Indians, Lebanese have had their own share of this thievery right here in Nigeria.

As Nigerians use them to perpetuate fraud.

1 Like

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by Coldie(m): 8:02am On Oct 29, 2019
Omen the rate at which Efcc is taking down big fishes no be here o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by Sholaco: 8:03am On Oct 29, 2019
When tonto first hear olakunle cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by Zimbola7: 8:07am On Oct 29, 2019
[s]
helinues:
IMF. .. Are you guys learning?
[/s]
trash
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by Zimbola7: 8:07am On Oct 29, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Ok
[/s]
trash trash trash
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by DNSPro: 8:24am On Oct 29, 2019
Azmanaty:

The mods should just pretend for a day and not send any of those kind of topics to the front page. If they do it, they don't die. Kai!
dem no get sense na. They think it's only Nigerians that visit here.
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by kenchop: 8:37am On Oct 29, 2019
WHERE ARE THE NAME CHECKERS, WE ALL KNOW NOW WHO THE REAL THIEVES ARE WHO GO ABOUT GIVING THE COUNTRY A BAD NAME BUT PREFER TO SPOIL THE NAMES OF OTHERS...

1 Like

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by tartar9(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2019
The "Sh" in the Shola sounds like Chi,as in Chibuzor,Chiamaka,Chinyenre,Chinedu....
We should be as meticulous as possible in naming our children; there's power in a name.

1 Like

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by ceejay80s(m): 8:51am On Oct 29, 2019
Azmanaty:

There's no news without a bad bad news, if its not bad, then it ain't news
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by FuckDaMods: 8:52am On Oct 29, 2019
These people and crime sef.. But na them dey form holy pass. Useless people
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by Angelfrost(m): 8:59am On Oct 29, 2019
blowjohn:

Not mine!

Me neither.... But then, he said "typical Nigerian"!

He is not wrong!.. It's extremely hard for me to trust my fellow Nigerians, including family.

1 Like

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by blowjohn(m): 9:09am On Oct 29, 2019
Angelfrost:

Me neither.... But then, he said "typical Nigerian"!

He is not wrong!.. It's extremely hard for me to trust my fellow Nigerians, including family.

Including family?
I trust my mum and dad and siblings o.
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by CanadaOrBust: 9:32am On Oct 29, 2019
Azmanaty:

Maybe u should pretend for a day Nairaland doesn’t exist. You won’t die. Some people like to hear ALL the news all the time, good or bad

1 Like

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by Nwaonyishi69: 9:52am On Oct 29, 2019
This people and crime, ehn.
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by Akins2luv(m): 9:53am On Oct 29, 2019
These company scam us when we supply cashew nut to them last year..... Even them no fear police.... There lawyer is also one of there board member.....

You see life now cool

1 Like

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by great664(m): 10:06am On Oct 29, 2019
Azmanaty:

Nairaland traffic is built on bad news, trabalism, hatred and religious bashing...

So if they stop, you are indirectly asking the forum to die a natural death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by einsteine(m): 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2019
thelastorca:

i am more inclined to think someone in the bank was in on it.

Not really.

Nigerian banks suffer from the typical inferiority complex.

they believe foreigners (Indian, lebanese or any non-african) are better at business than Nigerians. The result is easier access to funds and less stringent due diligence. many Nigerian entrepreneurs hire foreigners as CFOs for this particular reason. If you are bidding for a contract, go with a token white/Indian and see you getting the contract for higher price.
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2019
einsteine:

Not really.

Nigerian banks suffer from the typical inferiority complex.

they believe foreigners (Indian, lebanese or any non-african) are better at business than Nigerians. The result is easier access to funds and less stringent due diligence. many Nigerian entrepreneurs hire foreigners as CFOs for this particular reason. If you are bidding for a contract, go with a token white/Indian and see you getting the contract for higher price.

Nigerians do not hire foreigners as CFOs because of inferiority complex. It is because most foreigners will limit their corruption/stealing. You expect some chop some kickback. But Your average Nigerian does not care if he loots the company into oblivion.

As to Nigerians being more inclined to lend to foreigners, the only foreign run company i can readily remember on amcon is big treat. The rest are Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by tsfxtech(m): 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2019
Hmm
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by Legendguru: 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2019
Oh
Re: Olakunle Bello Shola & Santosh Singh Remanded For N100m Fraud (Photo) by bamirotola: 10:20pm On Nov 13, 2019
Alimani:
A Federal High Court in Lagos on Monday remanded a Nigerian Olakunle Bello Shola and a dual Indian-Canadian citizen, Santosh Singh, following their arraignment for alleged N100,075,000 fraud.

Justice Oluremi Oguntoyinbo made the order after Lakunle 31 and Santosh 43, pleaded not guilty to a one-count charge of obtaining by false pretence, preferred against them by the Police Special Fraud Unit (PSFU) Ikoyi, Lagos.

She remanded the defendants in the Nigerian Correctional Services custody for ruling on their bail applications on November 4.

The prosecutor, Mr. Sylvester Azuibuike, alleged that the defendants and one Vivek Bansal, now at large, with intent to defraud, obtained N100,075 million from a bank, through their company, Continental Logistics Ltd.

They deceived the bank that the money would be used to procure 240 metric tonnes of Sesame seed and 44.9 metric tonnes of cashew nuts, which were to be stored at a warehouse in Kano State.

The court heard that the defendants allegedly falsely told the bank the deal would be a tripartite agreement involving Continental Logistics Ltd, Thramaseed Inpex Ltd and the bank.

The offence, according to the prosecutor, contravened Section 1(2) of the Advanced Fee Fraud and other related Offences Act, 2006 and was punishable under Section 1(3) of the same Act.

Following the defendants’ plea of not guilty, the prosecutor applied for a trial date, while also praying the court to remand the defendants till the determination of the charge against them.

But the defence team led by Mr Olalekan Ojo (SAN) opposed him.

Ojo told the judge that the defendants had filed bail applications and same had been served on the prosecution.

He prayed the court to hear their applications and admit the defendants to bail “in the most liberal terms.”

Justice Oguntoyinbo granted him leave to move the applications, but reserved ruling till November 4.

She fixed December 11, for commencement of trial.

Source;
https://thenationonlineng.net/nigerian-canadian-remanded-for-n100m-fraud/

This man almost sent me and my team to jail with his criminal attitude.. He collected cashew nut , said he was going to pay back in 7 days, and he fled to Canada... Thank God we advised the owner against leaving the produce with him but she refused saying she trusted d owner of the warehouse, not knowing the criminal has his own plan....may he rot in jail... Made me almost bankrupt!!

Indians are wicked... Kindly beware of doing business with them ..they are criminals

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Brutalizes His Pregnant Wife Ahead Of Valentine's Day Over Gambling. Photos / 2 Thieves Caught Stealing Cable This Morning In Abuja - Pictures / Community Rescues Baby Kidnapped By Chimpanzees In Uganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.