Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

The Formal Launch Of The "Richestminds Foundation" - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Formal Launch Of The "Richestminds Foundation" (289 Views)

Inside Gordon’s Playground, Launch Of New Gordons Sunset Orange & Pink Berry Gin / Sugartainment Media At The Media Launch Of The Nigeria Reggae Festival, 2021 / Count Down To The Official Launch Of INDOMIE LIFE Tv Channel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Formal Launch Of The "Richestminds Foundation" by Tmgold1(f): 9:15pm On Oct 28, 2019
By Gbola Oba

It was an emotionally uplifting outing for me on the night of Saturday 26th October, 2019, to have attended the official launching of RICHESTMINDS FOUNDATION at the Hilton Hotel, Paddington, London.

Lady Famusudo, the Founder and President of the Foundation, a retired "Prescription Nurse" (the terminology refers to a senior cadre of NHS nurses who, like doctors, can diagnose patients and prescribe medicines), had kindly primed me a day or two after my arriving in London on the 22nd, that she wanted me to chair the occasion. Very humbling indeed. The Foundation is a collection of doctors, nurses, social workers and other goodhearted medical and care professionals who are determined to upskill medical professionals in Nigeria, so they can better serve the public, and intensify medicare knowledge dissemination for the wellbeing of African-Afro Caribbean denizens in the UK. Their laudable objectives also include mentoring black youth to get to Ivy League universities' medical schools, like Oxford and Cambridge.

Lady F., whose loving husband has been a very polite and enlightened older friend of mine for almost two decades, was, I guess in appreciation of how my colleagues and I helped her, some months ago in Lagos, Nigeria, to reach out, through a radio programme I do every morning, to hundreds of SRNurses that she and her colleagues took through a two-day Emergency & Trauma Management skills upgrade training in the BOSCH Centre on the campus of our construction training institute, www.ULDA-edu.ng.

Far more humbling was the responses I got after my Chairman's Speech and the encore speeches I was implored to make to promote the youth edification and social-enterprise projects (www.ulda-edu.ng, www.ukuldacoop.org and www.automedicsafrica.com) I'm involved on in Nigeria, UK and Dubai. The Nigeria-focused mass-housing and infrastructure development UK-based cooperative, ULDA & PARTNERS COOPERATIVE LTD- www.ukuldacoop.org, was said to have received good prospective members' enquiries after my speeches at the event.

(1) (Reply)

The Year Of Flagships By Itel Smartphones Till Date / NDDC Board Crises / Ex-beauty Queen Bags Catholic Women's Dedication To Service Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.