Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,748 members, 7,955,854 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:09 PM

Latest Cost Of Clearing Vehicles In Nigeria! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Latest Cost Of Clearing Vehicles In Nigeria! (2745 Views)

How To Calculate Total Cost Of Clearing Vehicles - The E-valuation Way / Cost Of Clearing Vehicles At The Port - 2020 / The Cost Of Clearing Vehicles @ Tincan (lagos) In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest Cost Of Clearing Vehicles In Nigeria! by tomakint: 1:40am On Oct 29, 2019
LATEST COST OF CLEARING VEHICLES IN NIGERIA.

Ever since I sent a DM of our company's flyer (as an advert) to some people here; informing them of what I do, just in case they need my services or come across any client in need of clearing and forwarding services (they can link me up with). Many people here have slided into my DM asking a variety of questions on how to buy cars online and ship them to Nigeria and how much it will cost them to get vehicles/cars cleared from the Nigerian port.
After much pressure in my inbox and today being Sunday, as I was advised to be the only day set aside for company's advertisement, I have decided to post here and explain in details about the Freight Forwarding Business that I do and how we do clear cars or bring out imported vehicles from the Nigerian ports. Also, how to calculate duty using exchange rates and other values to get the total cost of clearing cars in Nigeria particularly, your preferred car or vehicle, with the use of Nigeria Customs Tarrif Book.

Yes. I'm into Clearing and Forwarding business, which I have being doing for some years now.
We also clear containers (40ft or 20ft) and cars (of any types) at any of the Nigerian Ports and the company NAJEK INTERNATIONAL SERVICES LIMITED which I work for, is a Custom Licensed Clearing and Forwarding Company.
Now, I’ve had a lot of people wanting me to teach them or show them using the Nigerian Custom tarrif chart, how to calculate Customs duty for cars, but I never had the time to respond. And this month, I’ve decided to create time for that.

So, I’ll be doing that now; showing you how the custom duties are calculated and how to calculate the total cost of clearing cars in Nigeria.
I’ll be taking this a bit further by showing you a practical example, of how to calculate the total cost of clearing some of these cars after every other charges like shipping company charges, terminal charges and agency fee or clearing charges must have been added.
Clearing your imported cars through the ports, airport, seaport, and boarder does not come cheap, you have to pay the clearance fees to.

1. The Nigeria Custom(NCS)
2. The carrier of your car to the port i.e the shipping company or the airline.
3. The terminal where it was offloaded.
4. Clearing charges or Agent fee.

Furthermore, whether a private individual or a commercial entity, import duty and taxes are paid while shipping goods into Nigeria. The Nigeria Customs will receive duty for the imported car, these duties vary by the size, capacity and the year of manufacture of the car. Importantly, the mode in which the imported goods are valued is by CIF(Cost, Insurance, and Freight), which signifies that the import duty and taxes due are estimated on the entire shipping value. This entire shipping value includes the value of the imported goods, the charge of freight, and the cost of Insurance.
Used vehicles will pay 35% duty while newer cars from 2016 will attract levy charge of 35%, duty 35% which totals 70%.

The Carrier of your car e.g shipping company will receive their shipping charges. These shipping charges vary only by the weight and size of your vehicle. Trucks, SUVs attract higher shipping charges. All these amounts to the total cost of clearing cars in Nigeria.
Clearing Agent fee can be negotiated depending on the type and year of the car you intend to clear from the port. Hence, this clearing agents fee includes handling charges, it can include delivery charge depending on your agreement with your clearing agent.
In addition, the customs duty and the terminal and shipping charges are receipted. Always request your receipt from your clearing Agent. If you need a Clearing Agent in Nigeria, hire us at NAJEK INT'L SERV. LTD. now for the best prices of clearing your vehicles and Containerized sea cargo goods.

To know how to calculate customs duty for cars, using the Nigeria customs tariff book or Nigeria customs valuation for any type of cars, there are values to be considered:

1. The dollar value of your car:
2. The Exchange rate (which is currently 326 for Custom standard and is subject to change at intervals):
3. The percentage of duty to be paid (usually 35% duty for vehicles):
4. The 1.28 trigger, to get the total amount due to be paid to the Nigeria customs:
5. Shipping and terminal charges: 
6. Agency fee or clearing charges:

Furthermore, here comes the breakdown;

1. Find the Dollar value of your car.
First of all, these values are generated by the Nigeria customs, it is a generated fixed cost price of the car you intend to clear. This values seldom change or do not change at all. If any change occurs in coming times, trust us, we will give you updated value always.

2. Multiply it, the Dollar value by the current exchange rate used by customs. (which is currently 326, *{Nigeria Customs Tarrif book}* and is subject to change at intervals):
While this exchange rate is subject to change at intervals, (depending on the strength of # Naira) we will keep you informed of any change in exchange rate thus, affecting the cost of clearing cars in Nigeria.

3. Then, multiply it by the percentage of duty to be paid (usually 35% duty for vehicles):
In addition, these are fixed values for cars and vehicles, other industrial vehicles may attract lower CET.
You can know more about this info here https://www.customs.gov.ng/hscode/resulthscode.php?TYPE=KEY&HSCODE=8703
Most noteworthy, the first step should give you the duty of your vehicle, this is called Surface duty.
Hence,to get the total duty which includes VAT, here’s where the 1.28 trigger comes in.

4. Multiply the total surface duty by 1.28 trigger, to get the total amount due to be paid to the Nigeria customs:
Hence, the 1.28 trigger is a shortcode that helps us calculate other values of the total duty. values like, VAT….
Furthermore, points 1 to 4 will give you the total duty value of your car due to be paid to the Nigeria Customs at any designated banks in Nigeria.
In addition, you may want to know the total cost of clearing your vehicle.
Points 5 and 6 below will give you the total cost of clearing a car in Nigeria

5. Add it up with Shipping and terminal charges:
Shipping and terminal charges vary. Cars, SUVs, and Trucks approximated cost is #50,000, #60,000, #70,000 respectively.

6. Add the Agency/Agent fee or clearing charges which is negotiable, depending on the clearing Agency you are dealing with. (#100,000 to #150,000 for older cars and higher charge for newer cars).

Be rest assured that NAJEK INTERNATIONAL SERVICES LIMITED will give you best prices for the cost of clearing cars and other container cargo, as we are cost-effective and want to make you happy.
Latest cost of clearing vehicles in Nigeria. Clearing of imported cars varies from year to year.

For Example:

Cost of clearing Toyota Corolla car (2010 model).

1. Value in US Dollars = $2,794 (Two thousand Seven Hundred and Ninety Four Dollars).*(Nigeria Custom Valuation Office)*

2. Rate of Exchange = 326 *(Nigeria Custom Tarrif Book)*

3. Rate of Duty = 35% *(Nigeria Custom Tarrif Book)*
Therefore, Surface duty 
= 35% of  (2,794 x 326)naira = 0.35 x #910,844 
~ = #318,7954.(surface duty)

4. Total duty (Surface duty x 1.28, i.e #318,795 x 1.28) = #408,057
This amount #408,057, happens to be the total duty you will pay to customs through designated banks in Nigeria.

5. Shipping and Terminal Charges = #60,000

6. Clearing Charges = #100,000
Therefore, total cost of clearing Toyota Corolla(2010) is
#408,057 + #60,000 + #100,000
= #568,057

Note: All costs are subject to negotiations at Nigeria Custom valuation for each vehicle and this may not be 100% accurate. This should serve as a guide for you to have an idea how much the cost of clearing cars in Nigeria is. Hence, when you hire a clearing agent, the clearing Agent will apply for customs valuation to get the correct value charge for your vehicle.

#Lifted From My Whatsapp Page!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest Cost Of Clearing Vehicles In Nigeria! by ziegurf(m): 2:01am On Oct 29, 2019
...this too educative, please can I have any contact/address of this NAJEK INT'L SERV. LTD ASAP

THANKS
Re: Latest Cost Of Clearing Vehicles In Nigeria! by Dreal1247: 2:11am On Oct 29, 2019
D
Re: Latest Cost Of Clearing Vehicles In Nigeria! by tomakint: 4:18am On Oct 29, 2019
ziegurf:
...this too educative, please can I have any contact/address of this NAJEK INT'L SERV. LTD ASAP

THANKS

Private chat me first
Re: Latest Cost Of Clearing Vehicles In Nigeria! by Kluez(m): 5:43am On Oct 29, 2019
Damn .. Shit gets too expensive
How about 1k cars... Damn man... amma b spending hundreds of milli clearing from both scheme angry
Re: Latest Cost Of Clearing Vehicles In Nigeria! by femi4: 6:13am On Oct 29, 2019
tomakint:
LATEST COST OF CLEARING VEHICLES IN NIGERIA.

Ever since I sent a DM of our company's flyer (as an advert) to some people here; informing them of what I do, just in case they need my services or come across any client in need of clearing and forwarding services (they can link me up with). Many people here have slided into my DM asking a variety of questions on how to buy cars online and ship them to Nigeria and how much it will cost them to get vehicles/cars cleared from the Nigerian port.
After much pressure in my inbox and today being Sunday, as I was advised to be the only day set aside for company's advertisement, I have decided to post here and explain in details about the Freight Forwarding Business that I do and how we do clear cars or bring out imported vehicles from the Nigerian ports. Also, how to calculate duty using exchange rates and other values to get the total cost of clearing cars in Nigeria particularly, your preferred car or vehicle, with the use of Nigeria Customs Tarrif Book.

Yes. I'm into Clearing and Forwarding business, which I have being doing for some years now.
We also clear containers (40ft or 20ft) and cars (of any types) at any of the Nigerian Ports and the company NAJEK INTERNATIONAL SERVICES LIMITED which I work for, is a Custom Licensed Clearing and Forwarding Company.
Now, I’ve had a lot of people wanting me to teach them or show them using the Nigerian Custom tarrif chart, how to calculate Customs duty for cars, but I never had the time to respond. And this month, I’ve decided to create time for that.

So, I’ll be doing that now; showing you how the custom duties are calculated and how to calculate the total cost of clearing cars in Nigeria.
I’ll be taking this a bit further by showing you a practical example, of how to calculate the total cost of clearing some of these cars after every other charges like shipping company charges, terminal charges and agency fee or clearing charges must have been added.
Clearing your imported cars through the ports, airport, seaport, and boarder does not come cheap, you have to pay the clearance fees to.

1. The Nigeria Custom(NCS)
2. The carrier of your car to the port i.e the shipping company or the airline.
3. The terminal where it was offloaded.
4. Clearing charges or Agent fee.

Furthermore, whether a private individual or a commercial entity, import duty and taxes are paid while shipping goods into Nigeria. The Nigeria Customs will receive duty for the imported car, these duties vary by the size, capacity and the year of manufacture of the car. Importantly, the mode in which the imported goods are valued is by CIF(Cost, Insurance, and Freight), which signifies that the import duty and taxes due are estimated on the entire shipping value. This entire shipping value includes the value of the imported goods, the charge of freight, and the cost of Insurance.
Used vehicles will pay 35% duty while newer cars from 2016 will attract levy charge of 35%, duty 35% which totals 70%.

The Carrier of your car e.g shipping company will receive their shipping charges. These shipping charges vary only by the weight and size of your vehicle. Trucks, SUVs attract higher shipping charges. All these amounts to the total cost of clearing cars in Nigeria.
Clearing Agent fee can be negotiated depending on the type and year of the car you intend to clear from the port. Hence, this clearing agents fee includes handling charges, it can include delivery charge depending on your agreement with your clearing agent.
In addition, the customs duty and the terminal and shipping charges are receipted. Always request your receipt from your clearing Agent. If you need a Clearing Agent in Nigeria, hire us at NAJEK INT'L SERV. LTD. now for the best prices of clearing your vehicles and Containerized sea cargo goods.

To know how to calculate customs duty for cars, using the Nigeria customs tariff book or Nigeria customs valuation for any type of cars, there are values to be considered:

1. The dollar value of your car:
2. The Exchange rate (which is currently 326 for Custom standard and is subject to change at intervals):
3. The percentage of duty to be paid (usually 35% duty for vehicles):
4. The 1.28 trigger, to get the total amount due to be paid to the Nigeria customs:
5. Shipping and terminal charges: 
6. Agency fee or clearing charges:

Furthermore, here comes the breakdown;

1. Find the Dollar value of your car.
First of all, these values are generated by the Nigeria customs, it is a generated fixed cost price of the car you intend to clear. This values seldom change or do not change at all. If any change occurs in coming times, trust us, we will give you updated value always.

2. Multiply it, the Dollar value by the current exchange rate used by customs. (which is currently 326, *{Nigeria Customs Tarrif book}* and is subject to change at intervals):
While this exchange rate is subject to change at intervals, (depending on the strength of # Naira) we will keep you informed of any change in exchange rate thus, affecting the cost of clearing cars in Nigeria.

3. Then, multiply it by the percentage of duty to be paid (usually 35% duty for vehicles):
In addition, these are fixed values for cars and vehicles, other industrial vehicles may attract lower CET.
You can know more about this info here https://www.customs.gov.ng/hscode/resulthscode.php?TYPE=KEY&HSCODE=8703
Most noteworthy, the first step should give you the duty of your vehicle, this is called Surface duty.
Hence,to get the total duty which includes VAT, here’s where the 1.28 trigger comes in.

4. Multiply the total surface duty by 1.28 trigger, to get the total amount due to be paid to the Nigeria customs:
Hence, the 1.28 trigger is a shortcode that helps us calculate other values of the total duty. values like, VAT….
Furthermore, points 1 to 4 will give you the total duty value of your car due to be paid to the Nigeria Customs at any designated banks in Nigeria.
In addition, you may want to know the total cost of clearing your vehicle.
Points 5 and 6 below will give you the total cost of clearing a car in Nigeria

5. Add it up with Shipping and terminal charges:
Shipping and terminal charges vary. Cars, SUVs, and Trucks approximated cost is #50,000, #60,000, #70,000 respectively.

6. Add the Agency/Agent fee or clearing charges which is negotiable, depending on the clearing Agency you are dealing with. (#100,000 to #150,000 for older cars and higher charge for newer cars).

Be rest assured that NAJEK INTERNATIONAL SERVICES LIMITED will give you best prices for the cost of clearing cars and other container cargo, as we are cost-effective and want to make you happy.
Latest cost of clearing vehicles in Nigeria. Clearing of imported cars varies from year to year.

For Example:

Cost of clearing Toyota Corolla car (2010 model).

1. Value in US Dollars = $2,794 (Two thousand Seven Hundred and Ninety Four Dollars).*(Nigeria Custom Valuation Office)*

2. Rate of Exchange = 326 *(Nigeria Custom Tarrif Book)*

3. Rate of Duty = 35% *(Nigeria Custom Tarrif Book)*
Therefore, Surface duty 
= 35% of  (2,794 x 326)naira = 0.35 x #910,844 
~ = #318,7954.(surface duty)

4. Total duty (Surface duty x 1.28, i.e #318,795 x 1.28) = #408,057
This amount #408,057, happens to be the total duty you will pay to customs through designated banks in Nigeria.

5. Shipping and Terminal Charges = #60,000

6. Clearing Charges = #100,000
Therefore, total cost of clearing Toyota Corolla(2010) is
#408,057 + #60,000 + #100,000
= #568,057

Note: All costs are subject to negotiations at Nigeria Custom valuation for each vehicle and this may not be 100% accurate. This should serve as a guide for you to have an idea how much the cost of clearing cars in Nigeria is. Hence, when you hire a clearing agent, the clearing Agent will apply for customs valuation to get the correct value charge for your vehicle.

#Lifted From My Whatsapp Page!

Detailed ...good job, quite educative

1 Like

Re: Latest Cost Of Clearing Vehicles In Nigeria! by tomakint: 3:42am On Oct 30, 2019
femi4:
Detailed ...good job, quite educative

You are welcome
Re: Latest Cost Of Clearing Vehicles In Nigeria! by rexana: 2:33am On Nov 02, 2019
Nice one
Re: Latest Cost Of Clearing Vehicles In Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:47am On Nov 02, 2019
Where can someone buy a foreign car online

(1) (Reply)

Sold * Toks 2006 Acura MDX Fully Loaded 1.950m net ! Sold* / Highlander 2016/17 XLE Tokunbo Sweet N Sound @ 10.9m / Toks Mercedes Benz C300...sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.