Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think (749 Views)

Help Review This Website I Redesigned For Lekki British School / We Present To You, The (voluntarily) Redesigned Nigeria.gov.ng / UsaStudyInfo.com Redesigned By Zahymaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by afrobaby(f): 11:54am On Nov 12, 2010
Based on the suggestions and consturctive criticisms thatwere passed the first time I designed a website, I decided to rebuild my website from scratch again, so webdesigners in the house, what dou think about this new one,
www.hisyst.com
Thanks
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by yawatide(f): 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2010
1) On contact page, why is "get a quote" at the bottom? It would make sense if you made that the focus of your site, perhaps in the right column, globally. Put it where you have "useful websites" and make "useful websites" it's own page. Same reasoning applies to testimonials.

2) No front end validation of contact form. I clicked submit and got a white page (as opposed to a customized page, that resembles the other pages of the site) that says, "thanks for contacting"

3) You should have a portfolio/recent projects page as its own page

General:
I think you should move the important stuff above the fold. At first I was concentrating on the stuff I saw first (1024x768) and only noticed the stuff below when I accidentally shifted my mouse.

I liked the jquery (or whatever it is) plug in you used on the home page though wink
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by afrobaby(f): 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2010
Thanks yawa tide, I will work on those too, saw ur blank message sent lol. I tried using the front end validation but it was giving me error, I will search more for it
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by liaslo1(m): 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2010
nice one !!!!!!,
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2010
You need to create a portfolio for you present present and past project then need to work on your logo
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by Cactus(m): 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2010
Incompatible

You have your stuff and you are adding links to download movies and mp3s, (copyright anyone?) dont promote anything that is illegal. remove those links.
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by liaslo1(m): 6:02pm On Nov 12, 2010
on the Team/Career the page, an outlook express open up when you click send
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by DualCore1: 6:29pm On Nov 12, 2010
cant say much. viewing it from my pda and it doesnt look broken on internet explorer and opera mobile.
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by afrobaby(f): 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2010
@liaso, thx, I intentionally did dat becos i dont want CV to b submitted yet o, lol
@cactus, Mr man, na u dey talk abt illegal, wetin b illegal dia, if I can u, eh, even for ph wey u dey?
@dualcore,dont actually understand u oooooo
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by DualCore1: 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2010
maybe we should have this talk in my room. some things are better explained in the dark. your site is okay when viewed on a mobile device
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by afrobaby(f): 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2010
@dualcore, u must be very funny, no be for inside ur room alone or even in d dark self, anyway, if it looks good on mobile phone,guess it is good
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by DualCore1: 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2010
ever tried coding in the dark? we should try it. meanwhile i replied ur mail and u didnt get back to me. what? the reply wasnt sexy enough?
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by Cactus(m): 8:56am On Nov 13, 2010
Downloading music without buying, downloading movies without buying is illegal. Your website can be easily shutdown

read about piratebay, though this is on a large scale,

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=97227
http://torrentfreak.com/u-s-authorities-shut-down-wordpress-host-with-73000-blogs-100716/
http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/10/19/1846236.shtml
http://www.internetbusiness.co.uk/2008/07/10/image-copyright-infringement-1200/
http://news.cnet.com/Woman-accuses-Yahoo-of-stealing-her-image/2100-1030_3-6163987.html

Yea some of these are highly traffic sites, yea you are in Nigeria and no one cares right? Think about it this way, you someday create a software that you are selling. Someone gets on your site, downloads it and cracks it and puts it up for everyone to use without paying you. Then how would you feel? If people are ripping your work without credit or paying you how would you feel. Basically the same thing in your situation. You are not hosting true, but pointing people to where they are. That was the major argument that piratebay tried using, but what happened?

Also as a company, you dont know who is looking at your site, if a musician visits your site and sees it, do you think he/she would still call you if theperson had developed interest in your works? How many company website that provide services put such links up. Well, you need not listen and take all this into consideration but leaving it up there is detrimental to your objectives.

You dont have any idea the types of people looking at your site now, you dont have any idea as to the number you have easily discouraged by those links being up there. Find me a company's website that has those types of link that is an IT company.
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 13, 2010
Dual, me and you go kill each other ohh, How you go dey compose sexy mail for my own Afrobaby, Na this thing cause Civil War! I be proper Benin Man, and know what it is to die untop woman!

@Afro darling. You are great! Seriously, i loved the design, it's simple and highly aesthetic. Very professional with great layout sense!

Keep the flag flying, just don't let it fly across Dual Shaaa!
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by afrobaby(f): 11:51am On Nov 18, 2010
@donpuzo, thx so much
@cactus, u MAY be right but (maybe the length of ur message or ur choice of words) I dont see ur message as being right, I think I may have to read ur post when am in a coolstate, possibly I will understand u better then
Re: My Website Redesigned, What Do Y'all Think by Cactus(m): 6:11am On Nov 19, 2010
Bla bla bla yabba yabba do,

I wrote in English. Yes I know how you will feel that is why I wrote this. eh eh

(1) (Reply)

Get Paid N46,800 For Your Website! / Is Sick Submitter Worth Buying? / Webmaster Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.