Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,341 members, 7,839,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Dying Mum-of-two, 28, With Motor Neurone Disease Urges People To Stop Taking ... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dying Mum-of-two, 28, With Motor Neurone Disease Urges People To Stop Taking ... (461 Views)

Mum Of One Commits Suicide After Crying For Help On Facebook / First Trials Of Coronavirus Vaccine Carried Out With Mum-of-two Among Patients / Colombian Mum Of 2 Dies After Having Fat Removal Surgery To Surprise Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dying Mum-of-two, 28, With Motor Neurone Disease Urges People To Stop Taking ... by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 29, 2019
Since being diagnosed with a terminal illness your perception of things, people, and places change.
Your priorities are different and things that you once took for granted you no longer do.
Day in day out whether it’s on social media or it’s in public I hear people moaning and I think to myself I wish that’s all I had to worry about.
We are all human and have difficult times but here’s something for you to think about - not for you to feel bad simply for you to realise that every day is a gift and you should really count your blessings instead of moaning about what you don’t have."
I juggled childcare, days in university, writings essays at home, full-time placement, plus I had to work at least 3 night shifts a week on top of a 37-hour placement week to put food on the table and pay rent.
I was a mental health care assistant doing night shifts long days, early shifts and back shifts.
I worked my a**e off and thought in the end it’ll be worth it. Through every year at university I thought this is too much I can’t do this.
But I kept pushing myself for my girls. I had my 2nd baby and took 2 weeks off and went straight back to university.
Along with all of that I was up 3/4 times a night feeding Kacey. Any student nurse knows how hard work life and student life is.
In the end of my long hard journey when I could see the light at the end of the tunnel I was diagnosed with motor neurone disease in my final year of studying when I thought my life would finally be easier. That to me is unfair.
Being diagnosed with a terminal illness at any age is unfair but before 30 is gut wrenching. Knowing I never got the reward of being in a qualified nurse post after all the work hours with the NHS whether it be placement or bank shifts - that is unfair.
It’s unfair that two wee kids at 8 and 1 are going to lose their mum.
I totally respect everyone has issues and problems but I can’t stand listening to people moaning about the most trivial things.
I’ve definitely lost a bit of my empathetic side but you have one life. Live it.
If there’s something you don’t like change it. If you’re not earning enough money bite the bullet, go and study and get a better job.
If you’re not happy in a relationship leave, it’s your life and I believe that the life you live is your choice.
You’re responsible for your decisions and choices in life, nobody can change that apart from you.
Stop wishing for more than you have or your will never find happiness as it comes from within.
If you have your health that should be enough to be grateful for.
This time last year I didn’t think for a minute I would be having my last ever Christmas.
Don’t take life for granted because tomorrow is never guaranteed.
After spending 28 years of not being content the only thing now that keeps me content is the love of my family and my 2 beautiful daughters and if I had lived the last 28 years not taking things for granted I would of done it the right way.
So do it right people. You only have one chance.
https://afrinewsreport..com/2019/10/dying-mum-of-two-28-with-motor-neurone.html

2 Likes

Re: Dying Mum-of-two, 28, With Motor Neurone Disease Urges People To Stop Taking ... by greatmarshall(m): 6:55am On Oct 29, 2019
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen The New Way Of Bleaching?? You Will Be Shocked !!! / Hantavirus: Man Dies In China After Testing Positive To Another Virus / Covid-19: Lagos University Teaching Hospital Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.