Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,614 members, 7,827,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB (17413 Views)

Lagos Polytechnic Lecturer Marks Everyone Absent For Missing Class After Easter / These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba / JAMB Releases 2017 UTME Candidates Results Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 29, 2019
Do you need a Private Tutor?... contact
Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by unite4real: 8:59am On Oct 29, 2019
Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by careidon: 9:01am On Oct 29, 2019
to think there was a time some actually believed you were marked down for each wrong answers from your correct score except you leave the questions!!

they should just let serious folks know how they are graded for a truth...

1 Like

Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by hopefulLandlord: 9:02am On Oct 29, 2019
Exponental:
Imperfect system..... Where will the score come from So, what's the benefit
Inception:
grin

Jamb... Confusing us since 1978

infact if you are confused by this man's statement please signify:

Jamb probably purposefully puts some questions with no correct answers in the options

eg what's the capital of Spain

(a) Seville (b) Barcelona (c) Malaga (d) Alicante

the capital of Spain is Madrid so someone who didn't take the exam has gotten that right by not selecting any answer

Just a guess

1 Like

Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by Arthur02(m): 9:08am On Oct 29, 2019
Raymondreigns:
wetin jamb dn use pipo eyes see ,jamb is no respecter of gender wen it’s comes to fucking u up or using expo ..u go see matured girls dey hide fones for panties and also guy 4 smart locations ..
Chai !!!
Matured men and women go dey run upandan Dey find centers ..dat was back in the days cha..
Wonder wat happens know ,if they go through those stress . grin
Jamb go humble u for 4years so tey only go humbly summit ur sef for every alter cal Dem make if e fit help ur anointing to pass cheesy

I’m no longer here so don’t stupidly quote me ! lipsrsealed

i swear, some people for don get Jamb coat or Agbada if possible...

1 Like

Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by SolarEdge: 9:08am On Oct 29, 2019
It is well..

You want to enjoy electricity? Check my signature now
Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by witworth(m): 9:09am On Oct 29, 2019
very irrelevant exam in an insignificant nation.
when there's no more vision, the government will climb the mountain to jump down, and thats the end.
Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by Obiaksnews: 9:17am On Oct 29, 2019
How does your reply correlate with the above post ? the fact that a student is given a certain score for attempting a question does not mean the student will pass if he or she fails all the questions they attempted.
ehhmah:
grin

Now we can all reap the benefits of Next Level.

SAI BABA... a tribute to the “Affidavit President”
Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 29, 2019
This confused government sha. You no go kill person with laughter.

These guys noticed that the standard of education they have refused to fund is dropping so terribly... Many students are scoring zero (as in odo) out of 400. So they thought this is very bad. To hide that zero they are now going to pad the results.

If you ask me, I will say those scoring zeros are from the North. To tilt the admission process in favor of these olodos JAMB is simply going to award 'standard' scores to them. The next thing the government will do is to make that insane standard score the cut off for admission. In other words, you need not write the UTME to gain admission. After all salvation is free.

Fortunately, the perceptive Universities have before now instituted their own post-UTME screening process to cure this federal madness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by greenskittles: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2019
DonId:
See how these fools are watering down the standard of education by stupid flip flopping policies. Yet the can’t see beyond their noses that education is quite low in the country. Nigeria we hail thee
It's not a stupid policy. All test scores in the US for both undergraduate and graduate school are standardized. For example the GRE has sections with a total of 40 questions each, but instead of getting your score as, say 32/40 the questions are weighted based on their difficulty and the scores are scaled between 130-170, 130 being the lowest you can get and 170 being the highest. So even if you are absent or score 0, your score will be reported as 130. Everyone who sees it will understand that it means you got the lowest possible score. This is what the UTME board wants to achieve.

Cc bizme

2 Likes

Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 29, 2019
Useless people this jibrin guy has juggled with so many destinies. As for me I have written twice and it is enough I cannot die on top of Nigeria school. Just imagine the last jamb in a question two options would be the same and because it is a computer you won't know which one will enter and which will flip rubbish.
Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by YoungAncient1: 9:50am On Oct 29, 2019
If i can't score zero even when absent, it implies that it is possible for me not to get the score i deserved also.
Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by Elxandre(m): 10:05am On Oct 29, 2019
I have never understood the rationale behind standardized scores, especially when students answer different set of questions like in JAMB.

Why can't we award people what they score and make them see their effort rewarded?
Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by OxideII(m): 10:36am On Oct 29, 2019
in some schools in USA they have started doing this since around 2005. even though you don't come to school you cannot repeat. Google it and see.
Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by Introbit: 11:03am On Oct 29, 2019
Kiikiki ki
Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by sammysmiles(m): 11:35am On Oct 29, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

Go repair the screen first. You want carry problem put for person head
I tire ooo..
Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by adebopo: 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2019
valentineuwakwe:

source: https://punchng.com/utme-candidates-wont-score-zero-even-when-absent-jamb/
May GOD continue to bless this man for all the good works he has been doing in jamb

1 Like

Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by SamOyovwi: 1:08pm On Oct 29, 2019
If you deliberately fail the ones you even know by yourself you must mistakenly pass some
RenHub:
What are the odds of attempting about 200 questions each with four options and failing all. grin

It'd be like 1:150,000,000.
Bet9ja better have that option cos its a mathematical impossibility grin
Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by RenHub: 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2019
SamOyovwi:
If you deliberately fail the ones you even know by yourself you must mistakenly pass some

Exactly

1 Like

Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2019
Someone just told me this,

'At last, thank God more northerners can now dominate the tertiary institutions'

My response was silence.
Re: UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB by 2016easy2017: 4:54pm On Oct 29, 2019
how i wish this man be the next president of this country. he revamped my unilorin

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNESCO Appoints Dr Ifeyinwa Nsude Into Scientific Committee / 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad / ESUT Set To Defy ASUU, Fixes Exam For November 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.