Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,293 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) (45603 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Mercy Akide And Nwankwo Kanu At The 1999 CAF Awards / Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal / Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by KINGreignn: 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
Apeshy101:
Jay Jay Okocha consoles Kanu after Nigeria lost to Cameroun on penalties in the AFCON finals at the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos (2000)

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2019/10/29/throwback-photo-of-okocha-as-he-consoles-kanu/

Great team players cool
With their oversized agbada jerseys grin
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by ACE1010: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2019
rottennaija:
After Kanu missed the penalty against Cameroon

It wasn't Kanu that missed, Ikpeba actually did, though the ball crossed line. It was Ikpeba reaction that cost us grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2019
Very hard to forget that penalty miss.
Happened on a cool Sunday afternoon. cry
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by Vokians(m): 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2019
9jayes:
Ever since i quit bet9ja. Anytime am watching football match my heart has always remained in its position.

Bring your funds to my table for a swift deal
Thank God for you o. So your heart dey skip before?

1 Like

Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by Vokians(m): 12:20pm On Oct 29, 2019
I think I like this jersey. It can cover many things during free kick block.
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by DBlackCeazer(m): 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
Beautiful photo.
The fact that patriotism is dead is just sad
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by livebyday(m): 12:28pm On Oct 29, 2019
Four4Clien:
i've seen this picture and it just brought back memories of the good old super eagles

Promo! Get your professional website or blog for 13k only. whatsapp - 0706-3084_171

For me , It brought back memories of a better economy Nigeria enjoyed then
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by ChiefSweetus: 12:30pm On Oct 29, 2019
daddytime:
Jersey be like agbada...
be like condemned bread nylon
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by bluefilm: 12:32pm On Oct 29, 2019
See oversize jersey. grin
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by omenka(m): 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2019
ManspaceBarber:
Legends. Patriots. Thank you for everything. We appreciate you while you are alive, we don't need to wait till you die.
They are what i call Kings!! smiley

Watched some old clips of them in action on the pitch yesterday and just couldnt stop smiling. smiley

1 Like

Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by meccuno: 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2019
madridguy:
Just like yesterday when Victor Ikpeba play ball go hit cross bar but las las the ball cross line but referee disallow the goal.

Cameroun the baba for wayo that time, all thanks to CAF president, Issa Hayattou.

I cannot forget that Sunday evening, i no fit chop undecided
ikpeba was not wise to have put his hands on his head. He assumed it was not a goal. But how could he have not seen that it was a goal? It's almost the same with zidanes penalty kick against Italy.
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by Successlane: 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
rottennaija:
After Kanu missed the penalty against Cameroon

Did Kanu play in the penalty shootout? - not too sure

But it was Ikpeba's that cost us.

His (Ikpeba) shot actually crossed the line (following a review) after hitting the crossbar. He thought he missed it and he folded his palm on his head, so the officials took it to be non-goal.
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
madridguy:
Just like yesterday when Victor Ikpeba play ball go hit cross bar but las las the ball cross line but referee disallow the goal.

Cameroun the baba for wayo that time, all thanks to CAF president, Issa Hayattou.

VARmeroon grin
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by madridguy(m): 1:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
Baba you're gallant. Ikpeba cannot stood against the tension at the stadium that day and that what made him put hand for head. Unlike Zizzou, immediately he play the ball he started jubilation even before the refree counted it as goal.
That Sunday evening that day walahi i no fit chop.

meccuno:
ikpeba was not wise to have put his hands on his head. He assumed it was not a goal. But how could he have not seen that it was a goal? It's almost the same with zidanes penalty kick against Italy.
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by jaszplus12(m): 1:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
madridguy:

My own was the 1994 game against Italy... chaiiiiiiii...I couldn't sleep that fateful night! I saw myself on the field as goalkeeper stopping that curling shot by Baggio.... stretching... stretching...I could see myself...on the field...yet I was awake and in my house!!!
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by chinnie3(f): 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Jaynom:
Kanu is the type to Cry with a STRONG IBO ACCENT grin
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by madridguy(m): 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2019
Baba why naaa grin why you carry me go another painful day grin i cannot forget that, our teacher for madrasah " arabic class " ask us to close that day for the sake of the match lipsrsealed we are supposed to close madrasah 6:30 pm but asked everyone to leave sharp sharp....My heart nearly fail that day for the match tongue am still seeing the very slim/tiny Italian coach grin for my memory.... Baggio nearly kill me after the match....i will cry that time why am not white so i can have hair like Baggio own grin Roberto Baggio torment the tournament only to loss penalty for final against Brazil.

jaszplus12:

My own was the 1994 game against Italy... chaiiiiiiii...I couldn't sleep that fateful night! I saw myself on the field as goalkeeper stopping that curling shot by Baggio.... stretching... stretching...I could see myself...on the field...yet I was awake and in my house!!!

1 Like

Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by Ryan4Real: 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2019
Good memories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by DBossNG(m): 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2019
madridguy:

No be only you
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by meccuno: 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2019
madridguy:
Baba you're gallant. Ikpeba cannot stood against the tension at the stadium that day and that what made him put hand for head. Unlike Zizzou, immediately he play the ball he started jubilation even before the refree counted it as goal.
That Sunday evening that day walahi i no fit chop.

During Gardiolas time in barcelona, players influence referees. but i wont really blame Ikpeba sha finally. The tension was too much.
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by Oricha79(m): 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2019
ednut1:
that cameroonian team were scary as Bleep. mboma, Rigobet song and co
and Solomon olembe
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by moi35672: 2:34pm On Oct 29, 2019
It was another weekend to celebrate.
Join us tonight and thank us later..
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by theDEVILisHERE: 3:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
ACE1010:

It wasn't Kanu that missed, Ikpeba actually did, though the ball crossed line. It was Ikpeba reaction that cost us grin grin grin

Kanu missed his penalty
He first missed
Ikpeba played our last pk, hit the bar and crossed the line but wasn't awarded
He taught he missed so he put his hand on his head
Can't blame him tho
They were all tensed

1 Like

Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by Omoslim26: 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2019
ednut1:
that cameroonian team were scary as Bleep. mboma, Rigobet song and co

scary my foot we played better in dat match
plus they had d old thief
Issa Hayatou nd dat was a plus for dem
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by PreyingMantis(m): 3:10pm On Oct 29, 2019
Four4Clien:
i've seen this picture and it just brought back memories of the good old super eagles
You don't bet on a game you have an emotional attachment to ... Who does that?
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by ednut1(m): 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2019
Omoslim26:

scary my foot we played better in dat match
plus they had d old thief
Issa Hayatou nd dat was a plus for dem
yen yen yen. it was issa that asked the naija player to put hand on his head to show he missed it thereby confusing the ref. abeg
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2019
jaszplus12:

you talking abt 94 as if it yesterday! Baba I was born that year man

1 Like

Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by Omoslim26: 4:50pm On Oct 29, 2019
ednut1:
yen yen yen. it was issa that asked the naija player to put hand on his head to show he missed it thereby confusing the ref. abeg

you forgot to tel us dat d ref was doing I T in caf dats y he can be easily confused the ref knw it was a goal bt ofcus he played along
i no like to remember that match abeg all thru dat match d ref was against us
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by Legendguru: 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 29, 2019
Chai I watched this match from Abidjan back then, I was small then but I remember crying too
Re: Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) by WORLDPEACE(m): 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2019
Starboytwo:
Kanu nwankwo, was my hero growing up...

Iconic No 4

Even though I am a man, I was that guy's groupie.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paul Pogba And Thierry Henry Dab (Photos) / Anthony Ujah And Elizabeth Pre-wedding Photos On The Pitch / Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.