Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Governors Reject Fed Govt’s Minimum Wage Pact With Labour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Reject Fed Govt’s Minimum Wage Pact With Labour (259 Views)

Governors Reject N60,000 Minimum Wage / Governors Reject Naira Withdrawal Limit, Offer To Meet Buhari / New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governors Reject Fed Govt’s Minimum Wage Pact With Labour by Anawana50(m): 8:36am On Oct 29, 2019
Battle over the new minimum wage has shifted to the states following the decision of the governors to allow each state to negotiate percentage increase for their workers.
The negotiation with labour unions in the states will be based on the financial capability of each state.

But the governors agreed to the payment of N30, 000 to the least paid workers. The decisions were taken at Monday’s meeting of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) in Abuja.

Ready more --- https://www.micheallinks.com/2019/10/29/governors-reject-fed-govts-minimum-wage-pact-with-labour/

Re: Governors Reject Fed Govt’s Minimum Wage Pact With Labour by aolawale025: 8:37am On Oct 29, 2019
In a federation each state ought to conduct it's own negotiations with labor
Re: Governors Reject Fed Govt’s Minimum Wage Pact With Labour by judgementyard(m): 8:42am On Oct 29, 2019
The guy above me just said my mind
Re: Governors Reject Fed Govt’s Minimum Wage Pact With Labour by princemillla(m): 8:44am On Oct 29, 2019
I support the state government on this 100%

To pay the least paid workers is super cool
To determine percentage of wage increments by state is the way.

Let me be practice bigot small: this will go a long way to show parasite states who have been relying on the fed pocket for survival
Re: Governors Reject Fed Govt’s Minimum Wage Pact With Labour by saintokwuluora(m): 9:15am On Oct 29, 2019
While you want to agree that every state cannot pay the new minimum wage you end up disagreeing with yourself if you consider the fact that a state that could not pay salaries sees it a priority to buy one man a car worth N300m. angry

(1) (Reply)

N6bn Ondo Riverside Communities’ Power Project Ready Soon – NNDC / Group Faults Obono-obla For Involving Osinbajo In His Ordeal / Check Out The New Way Of Eradicating Poverty In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.