Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester (28994 Views)

Nigerian Players, Coaches Battle Rohr Over ‘Poor Decisions' / New EPL Rule: Coaches To Be Shown Red And Yellow Cards For Misconduct / Kelechi Iheanacho Wore Igbo Cap To Leicester City Vs Swansea Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by obembet(f): 8:38am On Oct 29, 2019
Southampton players and coaching staff have pledged to donate their wages to charity, after their 9-0 defeat to Leicester City last Friday.

Leicester recorded the biggest English top-flight away win, by thrashing 10-man Southampton at St Mary’s.

Ayoze Perez and Jamie Vardy both netted hat-tricks, as the Saints sufered their worst home defeat in their 133-year history.

“The squad has been working on putting things right for the club’s supporters.

“As the first step towards that, the group has decided that they wish to donate their wages from the day of the Leicester game to Saints Foundation, in order to help the vital work that is conducted by the charity,” Southampton said in a statement

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2019/10/28/southampton-players-coaching-staff-to-donate-wages-after-9-0-defeat-to-leicester/amp/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by fernandez1(m): 8:52am On Oct 29, 2019
Correct good gesture

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by saintokwuluora(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2019
I was wondering how Southampton players will be motivated enough to respond competitively in their next match and escape relegation at the end of the season after the 9-0 annihilation at St Mary's by Leicester City. I sincerely believe that this is the best decision. Not just for charity sake and winning the fans back, I think they realised they don't deserve to be paid. It will be the season's catalyst for the team, something that will bind them together in proving themselves.

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by spartan50(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
Good one
Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by thundafire: 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
They didn't forfeit but willingly gave der wages for dey felt really sad,all dis useless journalist giving stupid headlines watch out as they will Play very well now

72 Likes

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by skondo(m): 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
Better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by grandstar(m): 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
A physical display of contrition. That's good

6 Likes

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by gurusmac4: 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
All Southampton Players should follow suit

Today is my Birthday. Give Me LIKES

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by blackjack21(m): 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
They are playing man city tonight grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by iykololo(m): 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
Berra
Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by AK481(m): 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2019
nigeria vs india version 2

4 Likes

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by Gudguyz(m): 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2019
Ok

For your power Solution:
Solar and Inverter installations Call or What's app Sunmax Solar & Electronics shop.For details pls check my profile.Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by infogenius(m): 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2019
That's not enough.
Let them start by beating Man city tonight in the league cup and thereafter go on an 18 game winning run.
Besides that they are on their own.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by realestniggah: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2019
As it should be

2 Likes

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by RenHub: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2019
The honourable thing grin
Vardy shar. I just feel sorry for Tammy Abraham. He will be made to seat on an iron bench with seat belt in the English squad. Quite sad!

Are you a small shop owner?
Is the epileptic power supply from the national grid your greatest bane?

If yes, then contact us today via the below signature for highly efficient and durable solar plans to gain full Autonomy of upto 16hrs daily for your businesses and homes at an extremely reasonable cost.

Payment after delivery nationwide.

Check my siggy for more details and contact

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by Megatrix: 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2019
At least dem get conscience

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by Zeronic25(m): 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2019
well, that's a good step to take after a hearth destroying game...good one from them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by philip0906(m): 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2019
gurusmac4:
All Southampton Players should follow suit

Today is my Birthday. Give Me LIKES
Did you read the post or you're more interested in hunting for worthless birthday likes? undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by Bobby2020: 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2019
Van dijk would be like...Na God say make I leave there fast fast

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by J2381: 12:10pm On Oct 29, 2019
I don't remember Arsenal FC players donating their wages when they were trashed 8 -2 by Man Utd. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by kevotek1000(m): 12:10pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nice gesture...
Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by Naijaguy123: 12:12pm On Oct 29, 2019
I saw this too by Bayern in German friendly only few weeks ago before start of the season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2019
AK481:
nigeria vs india version 2
another brainwashed soul

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by Obeghare(m): 12:15pm On Oct 29, 2019
If na naija the players go won even collect double salary, hold No future federation(NFF) to ransom
Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by 2special(m): 12:15pm On Oct 29, 2019
hmmm...and they are playing Manchester city today away.

1 Like

Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by akeentech(m): 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2019
They should blame VAR for the dismissal of their player
Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by Femich18(m): 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2019
Good. I was not even expecting them to receive their wages after such Scandalous display. If they had collected it that means they are not ashamed. Good One from them
Re: Southampton Players, Coaches To Forfeit Wages After 9-0 Defeat To Leicester by JubrinElSudan: 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
That year ManUtd beat Arsenal 8 2, the travelling fans were refunded their tickets

(1) (2) (Reply)

Didier Drogba Retires From Playing Football / AFCON 2019: The Five “must See” Big Games Of The Group Stage / Obafemi Martins Flaunts His Kids In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.