Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! (1155 Views)

Why Southeast Is Excluded From Our Interviews — PTDF / We Are Worried About Movement Of Almajiris Into Our Region - SouthEast Governors / Why Southeast Governors Did Not Attend Party's Rally In Sokoto - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by Jman06(m): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2019
Having thought about events of the past few weeks with Ohanaeze ndi-igbo saying that they need three governors of the southeast to defect to APC in order to realize Igbo presidency in 2023.
This call seems to be a fallout of the meeting they held with Buhari in Aso rock recently. I'm sure a plan is underway by the powers that be to use that strategy to weaken the PDP in the southeast in order to pave way for whoever the APC decides to anoint as their candidate in 2023 (most likely Tinubu).
The southeast should learn from the travails of Ambode of Lagos state and play smarter by remaining in PDP. APC has no plans of zoning the presidency to the southeast in 2023! Recall that Ambode was hoodwinked into relinquishing power to Tinubu's anointed candidate with the promises of ministerial appointments and all whatnot. If Ambode had known that he'll end up being dumped like he eventually was, I'm sure he would have fought harder to retain his seat. But he thought that he'll be compensated with an appointment.

Therefore, southeast governors should act like wise Igbo men they are and not buy into that idea of decamping to APC! They'll have themselves to blame if they decamp!
Remaining as a bloc in the PDP will benefit the southeast more in the politics of 2023.
A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by oyebanji44: 9:44am On Oct 29, 2019
You argued reasonably my brother. No matter how the erosion might be APC has no plans to zone the presidency to the south east.because this is the best opportunity for the sw to cling on to power by using one of the influential figures (buhari) to gain support from the north.

3 Likes

Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by helinues: 9:49am On Oct 29, 2019
Are the politicians defecting doing so just to improve the lives of their citizens or to improve their own lives?

1 Like

Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by donbachi(m): 9:54am On Oct 29, 2019
na ur own u dey talk
Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by wwwihy: 10:55am On Oct 29, 2019
I don't know why PDP is not in support of South East quest for Presidency despite the later unwavering support to the former since 1998.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by AdolfHittler: 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Are the politicians defecting doing so just to improve the lives of their citizens or to improve their own lives?
[/s]
Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by omenka(m): 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2019
Jman06:
Having thought about events of the past few weeks with Ohanaeze ndi-igbo saying that they need three governors of the southeast to defect to APC in order to realize Igbo presidency in 2023.
This call seems to be a fallout of the meeting they held with Buhari in Aso rock recently. I'm sure a plan is underway by the powers that be to use that strategy to weaken the PDP in the southeast in order to pave way for whoever the APC decides to anoint as their candidate in 2023 (most likely Tinubu).
The southeast should learn from the travails of Ambode of Lagos state and play smarter by remaining in PDP. APC has no plans of zoning the presidency to the southeast in 2023! Recall that Ambode was hoodwinked into relinquishing power to Tinubu's anointed candidate with the promises of ministerial appointments and all whatnot. If Ambode had known that he'll end up being dumped like he eventually was, I'm sure he would have fought harder to retain his seat. But he thought that he'll be compensated with an appointment.

Therefore, southeast governors should act like wise Igbo men they are and not buy into that idea of decamping to APC! They'll have themselves to blame if they decamp!
Remaining as a bloc in the PDP will benefit the southeast more in the politics of 2023.
A word is enough for the wise!
So, now, i hope you guys are willing to take your eyes off APC's ticket and train it squarely on PDP's.

Can i hear you say a simple statement as "PDP needs to reward my people with the party's ticket to compensate them for their twenty years of diligent hard work and loyalty"?

1 Like

Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by omenka(m): 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2019
wwwihy:
I don't know why PDP is not in support of South East quest for Presidency despite the later unwavering support to the former since 1998.
Even the PDP supporters themselves are afraid of asking the party for the ticket. YET they keep saying the country is unfair to them.

Can there ever be a greater demonstration of ingratitude than PDP denying the zone its ticket in 2023?

1 Like

Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by Jman06(m): 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2019
omenka:
So, now, i hope you guys are willing to take your eyes off APC's ticket and train it squarely on PDP's.

Can i hear you say a simple statement as "PDP needs to reward my people with the party's ticket to compensate them for their twenty years of diligent hard work and loyalty"?
It is better we wait until 2031 when power would return to south according to PDP's zoning arrangement than fall for APC's deception!
Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by omenka(m): 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2019
Jman06:
It is better we wait until 2031 when power would return to south according to PDP's zoning arrangement than fall for APC's deception!
There you have it folks, from the horses' mouth directly! South East deserves nothing until 2031, so says pdp!!

No be me talk am o, na they themselves. grin

Post saved for future purposes.
Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by Jman06(m): 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2019
oyebanji44:
You argued reasonably my brother. No matter how the erosion might be APC has no plans to zone the presidency to the south east.because this is the best opportunity for the sw to cling on to power by using one of the influential figures (buhari) to gain support from the north.
Exactly! Their plan is to hoodwink those governors into joining them to substantially weaken PDP in the southeast. Any southeast politician who is thinking of getting APC's ticket for presidency 2023 is just dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by Jman06(m): 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
helinues:
Whichever bro. All I'm implying is that they shouldn't allow themselves to be deceived. APC's 2023 presidential ticket is a done deal for Tinubu!
Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by Jman06(m): 5:24pm On Oct 29, 2019
omenka:
There you have it folks, from the horses' mouth directly! South East deserves nothing until 2031, so says pdp!!

No be me talk am o, na they themselves. grin

Post saved for future purposes.
As if APC had any plans ab initio to zone their ticket to southeast!

It'll even be closer to wait for 2031 under a stronger and rejuvenated PDP than to play mugu to the antics of APC. If Tinubu gets elected in 2023, he'll do 8years and hand over to a northerner who'll do 8years before power comes back to south again. That would be like by 2039. So, which is closer?
Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by omenka(m): 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2019
Jman06:
As if APC had any plans an initio to zone their ticket to southeast!

It'll even be closer to wait for 2031 under a stronger and rejuvenated PDP than to play mugu to the antics of APC. If Tinubu gets elected in 2023, he'll do 8years and hand over to a northerner who'll do 8years before power comes back to south again. That would be like by 2039. So, which is closer?
Sorry, didnt read that bro. You already said all that matters in that post. According to your darling pdp, the South East that has busted their hump for twenty long years to see to the survival and growth of the party, deserves nothing until 2031!

Thanks for this wonderful info and good bye. smiley
Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by raumdeuter: 5:29pm On Oct 29, 2019
True they should go and meet PDP for their ticket
Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by Jman06(m): 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2019
omenka:
Sorry, didnt read that bro. You already said all that matters in that post. According to your darling pdp, the South East that has busted their hump for twenty long years to see to the survival and growth of the party, deserves nothing until 2031!

Thanks for this wonderful info and good bye. smiley
You should know about PDP's zoning arrangement bro
Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by Jman06(m): 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2019
Ogbonnaya Onu is one of the founding members of what is now known as APC, let them give him the presidential thicket if they really want to zone it to the southeast! I'm very sure that Igbos will support him if he emerges as APC candidate.

Rochas Okorocha is also there. Likewise Orji Uzor Kalu and even Chris Ngige. Why can't these men fly APC's flag if they are serious about Igbo presidency
Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by raumdeuter: 6:26pm On Oct 29, 2019
Jman06:
Ogbonnaya Onu is one of the founding members of what is now known as APC, let them give him the presidential thicket if they really want to zone it to the southeast! I'm very sure that Igbos will support him if he emerges as APC candidate.

Rochas Okorocha is also there. Likewise Orji Uzor Kalu and even Chris Ngige. Why can't these men fly APC's flag if they are serious about Igbo presidency

Let him contest against others for the ticket the way Obasanjo did. No one gives anything to anyone
Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by Jman06(m): 6:36pm On Oct 29, 2019
raumdeuter:

Let him contest against others for the ticket the way Obasanjo did. No one gives anything to anyone
Of course, I'm sure the likes of Orji Uzor Kalu and Rochas and even Ogbonnaya Onu are ready to contest. Let them have the ticket, we'll certainly support our own!
Re: Why Southeast Governors Should Never Defect To APC!!! by raumdeuter: 8:10pm On Oct 29, 2019
Jman06:
Of course, I'm sure the likes of Orji Uzor Kalu and Rochas and even Ogbonnaya Onu are ready to contest. Let them have the ticket, we'll certainly support our own!

Let the ones in PDP also contest. They shouldnt bother with the Islamic supporter of APC party

(1) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello Disgraced In Lokoja (VIDEO) / Apc Wins Ajapkuta Federal Constituency Rerun / Profile Of Top 5 Nigerians Granted Presidential Amnesty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.