Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary (30348 Views)

Apostle Elisha Asuquo And Pastor Aniekan Ibanga Killed In Akwa Ibom / 12-year-old Boy In Ibadan Leads Thugs To Kill, Displace Community Residents / Wife Hires Thugs To Beat Husband For Slapping Her, He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by DennisEche(m): 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2019
NICE MEMES LOADING
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by BlackBuhari: 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2019
gimmehear:
Thugs Maim Students At Nsit Atai Council Secretariat

Students of tertiary institutions under the National Association of Nsit Atai Students were maimed, tortured and held hostage by armed hoodlums allegedly with Hon. Emem Ibanga, for hours on Monday, 28th October, for protesting non-payment of bursary and other student grants.

Nsit Atai Students
The students led by their Worldwide President, Comrade Inyang Effiong, had converged at the council secretariat by 8:09am, displaying placards and singing student unionism songs.
Like a bolt from the blue, a lad addressed as Ukpak, confronted the students, querying their mission, and why they locked a door at the secretariat.

Efforts by the students to explain their mission fell on deaf ears as the said Ukpak made frantic calls, and later said, “I go show una ruggedity today”, before speeding off in a motorcycle.

Barely fifteen minutes later, armed hoodlums numbering over 20 invaded the council secretariat, shooting indiscriminately and beating most of the students to pulp.

Some students and journalists were apparently lucky to escape. The hoodlums had blocked Odot junction, catching some of the fleeing students in the process.

Some of the escaping students and journalists were pursued with motorcycles from the council secretariat down to Airport Junction, before the hoodlums gave up the chase.

A blogger, Unyime Essien, lost his recording device while a journalist, Ubong Matthew, lost his wallet containing 12 Thousand Naira.

At the council secretariat, it was brutal as the students were locked up and thoroughly beaten. The students had their mobile phones, cash, shoes, bags, wristwatches and other valuables seized. Female students were reportedly abused.

The hoodlums are said to be members of a youth political support group, ONE FOR ALL. The council boss, Hon. Emem Ibanga is said to be the group’s matron.

At the Nsit Atai Divisional Police Station where some of the students were detained for about six hours, the council chairman was defiant as she accused the students of being sponsored to protest. “Tell anybody that sponsored you that nobody can remove me as chairman”, she roared.

Also at the police station, Paramount Ruler of Nsit Atai, Edidem Peter Okon Effiong, blamed the students, saying they should have obtained his permission before holding the protest.
He was given a car same day by the council chairman at the council secretariat.

Worldwide President of the students, Comrade Inyang Effiong was later forced to apologize to the council chairman at the police station.

The students were released from police cell around 5:00pm on Monday. The whereabouts of all the students could not be ascertained as at the time of filing this report.

The students has earlier told newsmen that the Council Chairman, Police and Paramount Ruler were duly notified of the protest through a letter.

https://www.gbetutv.com/hon-ibangas-thugs-maim-nsit-atai-students-over-bursary/

Sorry please
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Tookool(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2019
The 1st and 2nd guys from the left .....na students dem be? Ayama

1 Like

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Obason22(m): 4:28pm On Oct 29, 2019
who send una msg
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2019
Orrr, nsutor mkpor
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by bekpo(m): 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2019
Where's the NAAKISS WORLDWIDE and where's the NANS JCC? They should take over this issue immediately. An injury to one is an injury to all. It's the height of humiliation of students struggle by a woman,a serious desecration of d spirit and throne of aluta.

2 Likes

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Ryan03(f): 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2019
Fideo:
bedrock of Corruption "Nigeria"
I swear, from the school to the Secretariat to the traditional ruler to the police. Nigeria is fvcked up and without collective effort, nothing will change

1 Like

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by voltron14: 4:39pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nobody even pity the boys.
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Ryan03(f): 4:39pm On Oct 29, 2019
ursullalinda:
Wait oh ...Na woman they act so?....men! Naija don tire me too
you fear your sister? Some women are worse that men, just give them small power
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by webngnews: 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2019
Ohhh
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by voltron14: 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2019
thelastorca:
This thing reads like a black comedy cheesy

Worldwide president
I go show una ruggedity today

I am laughing so much I have tears in my eyes

The funniest was the paranoid council chairman who's more concerned about his seat.

grin
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 29, 2019
Fighting for right is like terrorism to those in authority, they fear it more than the real terrorism.

We make payment to 1688 suppliers
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by AmazingELixir: 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2019
grin grin grin

Anger in the heart of the Nigerian youths they be like you can't fvck us at the national level and even contemplate touching our boobs in the classroom.
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by wiloy2k8(m): 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2019
superlanny:
Fighting for your right in Nigeria is a risky something, I never collected bursary once while in school, I knew one God forsaken fellow was swallowing it up and I didn't have the time or energy to protest... Whereas before I can join any protest in this country, better get me an helmet, bulletproof vest, jungle boot and catapult, or I aint protesting shiit.
I will now let one thug mistaken my head for ripe coconut.

fear fear na so them go dey talk am ..... my brother fear .... life no dey 2
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by InvertedHammer: 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2019
/
For school, Dem go they act blackaxe, aiye, eiye, pyrates and other transgendered confraternities.

See as street thugs dismantle them.

/
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
For school, Dem go they act blackaxe, aiye, eiye, pyrates and other transgendered confraternities.

See as street thugs dismantle them.

/

All thugs are equal but some thugs are more equal than others
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
voltron14:

The funniest was the paranoid council chairman who's more concerned about his seat.

grin

That is what politics has become today. Every protest or rally is sponsored by someone. For all you know the chairman may be right. Their worldwide president may be running a different script from what the they were told

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2019
nawa o, just because of bursary, hmm tis better to go to your school jeje.
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Originalsly: 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
So what is Plan B for the student body?.... would they go to the media...make this national?... put the spotlight on the matron and chairman/whatever?... or take to international organizations for publicity and force the FG to respond?
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by moi35672: 5:20pm On Oct 29, 2019
It was another weekend to celebrate.
Join us tonight and thank us later..
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by mechanics(m): 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2019
They should have carried NANS along.
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by BilltheDON(m): 6:16pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nigeria self
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Fantazy(m): 6:32pm On Oct 29, 2019
They should be served this once a day for the rest of their lives!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RzyvKAodTQ?list=PLc-1L5P5NW1gV7AEPOen34-iW3rEqQ6Rn
Pls subscribe
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Belleful: 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2019
some will say give woman a chance to rule that they have the fear of God then men. odinary chairman na she be, she don they order thugs to beat people, they boast say no body go fit comot her from office b-cos of her bottom power. by the time she become governor, no body go "pro" not to talk of protest.
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 29, 2019
donbachi:
Aluta spirit don die years ago...if not wetin give am dat mind.
Tey tey.. trams and codeine don takeover their minds and turn them weaklings
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by realstars: 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2019
thelastorca:
This thing reads like a black comedy cheesy

Worldwide president
I go show una ruggedity today

I am laughing so much I have tears in my eyes
The best movie of the year, life in AKWA Ibom state.
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by Sakes: 8:40pm On Oct 29, 2019
I will wait and see how these students will respond to this issue...

That will determine whether their education is a mistake or not....

This is a very good case if they raise the front banner!!!!!
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by kinguwem: 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2019
The lady is very foolish. People are glamouring for more women involvement in politics & this lady who is just a Local Government Council Chairman might have unwittingly ended her political career due to thuggery, intolerance to criticism & lack of transparency. What's the wisdom in buying a SUV for a traditional ruler but refuse to pay students bursary allowances. This attitude is what is drawing us backwards. The lady is uncultured, ill mannered & myopic. She has nothing to offer her people.
Re: Emem Ibanga Accused Of Sending Thugs To Beat Nsit Atai Students Over Bursary by SolarEdge: 7:45am On Oct 30, 2019
Funny

LET THE SUN PAY YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL.. CALL US NOW

(1) (2) (Reply)

Housewife Stabs Husband To Death In Ekiti / HIV-Positive Doctor Molests Patient In Benue / Husband And Wife Butchered By Fulani Herdsmen In Benue State. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.