Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Notice To Enugu Gov, For Emene Police Road Block After Airport Fly Over - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Notice To Enugu Gov, For Emene Police Road Block After Airport Fly Over (288 Views)

Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] / Supreme Court Dismisses APC/Nnaji's Suit Against Enugu Gov, upholds Mbah / Obi Leading in Poll Created By Oyo State Gov For 2023 Presidential Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Notice To Enugu Gov, For Emene Police Road Block After Airport Fly Over by fineboynl(m): 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2019
Notice to Enugu Gov, for Emene Police Road block after airport fly over few minutes walk before Free world hotel.

Cc: seun lalasticlala.

it need to stop by getting to the authorities.

Just yesterday I book opay tricycle towards that road at about 8:30 PM. The fare is just N100 which is via opay payment online.

After we cross the fly over we met the emene police division check point. They were just collecting money from commercial bus driver and N50 for tricycles.

Once they sight any passage even if just one person inside the bus or tricycle they stretch their hand for The money. And if the bus or tricycle refuse to give them bribe they try to ordered them to pack to one side and bring out there paper.

That was the reason for the holdup. Because some of the sturborn drivers will try to protest and will not want to pack.

After waiting patiently for the holdup unitil approach the police. He stretch his hand and demand for N50. But the opay tricycle refuse to give him N50. Then he ordered us to pack one side and bring out papers. When we look where he ordered us to pack we saw a lot of opay tricycle there. They all have papers but no one is attending to them. The police where not interested in checking the papers.

When some of the keke protested they told them they are busy and they will attend to them one after the other but no, they where just collecting N50 from the highway.

With annoynane my opay tricycle driver told.me to enter and he tried to drive away then he was attack by one of the police and during the process they damage the tricycle key and the police officer injured his fingers a bit.

I have no problem if they are collecting N50 from those who are willing to give. But for those who chose not to give the police shouldn't forced them or try to intimidate them.

Those keke that picked passagers along the road where giving freely. Even before they get to where the police officers are they already set the N50 down for them. But the opay keke its difficult they are carrying one passage even for far less fees.

One of the police officer slap one of the opay keke rider, the opay rider was then challenging him never to try it again. The rest of them raise their voice on the police officer and asking what is their crime for stopping and delaying them.

The police boss among them quickly come there. And slaps the guy again and said what he will do. He told all of them to bring N50 and go otherwise no one will leave there.

It was a high way robbery operation going on at after airport flyover Enugu.

Like I said early I don't have problems with those that are giving them willingly but for those that refuse and holding ground the police should have allow them go or attend to them by checking their papers. The opay riders are the ones suffering this unlike the ones that pick passengers on the way.

When their boss said no one should leave if they don't pay N50, I decide to snap so I can report them.

After wasting our time we end up paying N50, Likewise everyone else. But unfortunately for us they damage our opay tricycle key the process the officer was dragging the key.

To the government of Enugu and Commissioner of police. The Emene police division are conducting highway robbery after airport flyover.

I couldn't get a clear photo, he is holding a tricycle papers but doing another thing.

Re: Notice To Enugu Gov, For Emene Police Road Block After Airport Fly Over by hisgrace090: 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2019
Just like you complain against them now they've been many complain against the police on bribe taking and illegal detention but non of our leader cares to say anything, my question is why did our leaders never say anything against the police injustice to the masses?
Re: Notice To Enugu Gov, For Emene Police Road Block After Airport Fly Over by fineboynl(m): 2:55pm On Oct 29, 2019
Seun, lalasticlala. FCT.

(1) (Reply)

#2019PresidentialElection: Reactions Trail Over Supreme Court Ruling / Ganduje Supports Police With Multi Million Naira Communication Centre, Gadgets / Tension In National Assembly As Lawan Threatens Clerk With Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.