Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? (1629 Views)

Newly Recruited Soldiers Being Flogged, Swim Inside Gutter, As Part Of Training / All You Need To Know About Going For Nigerian Navy DSSC [personal Experience] / Jamila Malafa, The First Northern Female General Appointed By The Nigerian Navy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by Yusfunoble(m): 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2019
Applied for the DSSC 27, about to start the processing of the form. I want to know if I WILL BE screened out, or maybe I have any chances of being selected.
Re: Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
I don’t think that should count as a disability....forget that, no need to disclose that, it’s not like u can’t see...people use glasses in the army naaa...
Re: Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by Yusfunoble(m): 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2019
1StopRudeness:
I don’t think that should count as a disability....forget that, no need to disclose that, it’s not like u can’t see...people use glasses in the army naaa...

I can see o, heard from someone that anyone with sight related issue will be disqualified.
Re: Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by Dasilva10: 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
There are eye contacts you can wear, call on an optician to help you. Don't go without visiting an optician.

I know of a person who applied for the same DSSC form in the past, he got screened out for the short sightedness issue. He didn't know that's much for a problem until he was sent packing and he realized later on that wearing an eye contact would have saved him from the dismissal.
Re: Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by Yusfunoble(m): 10:33pm On May 02, 2021
Re: Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by Obinkita(m): 7:02am On May 03, 2021
Not recruitable
Re: Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by Scoutvibe: 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
Yusfunoble:
Applied for the DSSC 27, about to start the processing of the form. I want to know if I WILL BE screened out, or maybe I have any chances of being selected.
Bros how far you later applied
Re: Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by abobote: 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2022
No.
How can sight Boko Haram.

But seriously, how can someone join Nigeria army in this immaterial time when Boko Haram and bandits are having field day with the full support of Buhari
Re: Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by abobote: 10:53pm On Jul 11, 2022
It counts in the military
Re: Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by Yusfunoble(m): 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
Scoutvibe:

Bros how far you later applied

Nah, I found out I didn’t stand any chance without “connection” which I didn’t have.
Re: Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by Scoutvibe: 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
Yusfunoble:

Nah, I found out I didn’t stand any chance without “connection” which I didn’t have.
Ok but do you later do some inquiries about the eye one (eyeglasses)
Re: Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by Yusfunoble(m): 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
Scoutvibe:

Ok but do you later do some inquiries about the eye one (eyeglasses)

Hmm, not really. But while I was filling the forms, I visited one of their barracks to get one of the high ranking officers signature.

I was advised to remove my glasses, that he might not signed if he saw me on glasses. That and some things discouraged me tho.

But like I said, it’s all about your connection (all these might be waved if you have a good connection).
Re: Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by Scoutvibe: 8:55am On Jul 13, 2022
Yusfunoble:

Hmm, not really. But while I was filling the forms, I visited one of their barracks to get one of the high ranking officers signature.

I was advised to remove my glasses, that he might not signed if he saw me on glasses. That and some things discouraged me tho.

But like I said, it’s all about your connection (all these might be waved if you have a good connection).
Ok thanks
I don't use glasses to perform my daily activities like work, sport e.g football and everyother thing except when I'm in the class ( I love sitting in the back sit )
It was when I applied for NDA during the medical screening that I can't read the chart and the officer incharge of the medicals say I should go and buy glass and I apply again but I want to go for dssc now I will only wear the glass to read that chart that all
Re: Can Someone With Shortsightedness (myopia) Be Recruited Into Nigerian Navy? by Scoutvibe: 2:49am On Jul 17, 2022
Yusfunoble:

Bro please can you give me your number let chat better on phone

(1) (Reply)

Essay Writing Contest For African Students And Professionals Deadline: 20 December / Expatriate Taking Nigerian Jobs And Technical Manpower Services In Exxonmobil / We Are Hiring Youth Corpers -Call If You're Part Of This New NYSC Batch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.