Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Tinubu: Why EFCC Planned Probe On Bullion Vans May Not Come Anytime Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Why EFCC Planned Probe On Bullion Vans May Not Come Anytime Soon (400 Views)

Tinubu: Why I Delegated El-Rufai, Others To Answer Questions At Chatham House / Tinubu: Why I Forgave Osinbajo For Contesting Presidential Primaries Against Me / Tinubu In Panic Mode! See Picture Of Bullion Vans For Last Minute Mobilisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: Why EFCC Planned Probe On Bullion Vans May Not Come Anytime Soon by Shehuyinka: 7:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
LAST Thursday 24th October, a coalition of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) under the aegis of Concerned Nigerians approached the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to submit a petition against Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The petition bothers on how two bullion vans, driven into Tinubu’s Ikoyi residence on the eve of the 2019 Presidential election reportedly transported cash for the purpose of vote-buying.

Yet, the anti-graft agency, since the February 23rd poll has remained silent on the incident until the interest group led by Deji Adeyanju filed the petition.

Tinubu, who spoke shortly after casting his vote on the election day admitted in video footage that the vans were conveying money. He thereafter described those complaining about the bullion vans driving into his house as mischief-makers.

What is your headache? He asked journalists who queried him. “Are those ballot papers?” he said referring to the van. “So, even if I have money to spend in my premises, what is your headache?” he added.

“Excuse me, if I don’t represent any agency of government and if I have money to spend…., if I like, I give it to the people free of charge, as long as is not to buy votes…..who are those watching my house looking for bullion vans, they must be mischief-makers.”

Tinubu is a strong loyalist of President Muhammadu Buhari, and also a major political kingpin in the ruling APC. In 2012, he conceived the merger of about four political parties to realise the APC, which eventually became the ruling party since 2015 general election.

However, the EFCC on Monday told The ICIR it already acknowledged receipt of the petition. But indication has shown that the petition may not get the desired attention anytime soon due to scores of petitions the commission has received both at its physical offices and through its website.

“Once you submit a petition, there is a waiting time. We receive hundreds of petitions throughout the country everyday,” says Wilson Uwujaren, the EFCC Head of Media and Publicity. “…Investigation takes time. We are not police station where complaints come and we make an arrest. No, EFCC does not work like that. As people submit petitions in our offices the same way they drop petitions online.”

The spokesperson said once a petition is received, it would undergo a review process; the evidences are checked before the actual investigation commences if the claim has merit.

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/tinubu-why-efcc-planned-probe-on-bullion-vans-may-not-come-anytime-soon/

Re: Tinubu: Why EFCC Planned Probe On Bullion Vans May Not Come Anytime Soon by LUGBE: 7:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
How soon then
Re: Tinubu: Why EFCC Planned Probe On Bullion Vans May Not Come Anytime Soon by iamJ(m): 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2019
What's the problem?

It's his money

Na joblessness dey do una

Some use wallets, others use bullion vans

Life get levels
Re: Tinubu: Why EFCC Planned Probe On Bullion Vans May Not Come Anytime Soon by Abdul05: 7:12pm On Oct 29, 2019
grin
Re: Tinubu: Why EFCC Planned Probe On Bullion Vans May Not Come Anytime Soon by nrexzy: 7:23pm On Oct 29, 2019
So person personal money na public wahala
Re: Tinubu: Why EFCC Planned Probe On Bullion Vans May Not Come Anytime Soon by slimfit1(m): 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2019
Media trial please don't waste our time. EFCC is a toothless dog trying to play fair game they are very bad at. You have not won cases against PDP looters you surely will deliberately loss this case don't fool yourselves thinking you are fooling us. Just focus on your easy target YAHOO YAHOO.
Re: Tinubu: Why EFCC Planned Probe On Bullion Vans May Not Come Anytime Soon by Racoon(m): 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2019
The All Progressive Congress (APC) has said once those who looted the nation’s treasury join its fold, all their sins will be forgiven....
https://politicstimesng.com/apc-once-you-join-apc-all-your-sins-are-forgiven/
Imagine Tinubu talking this shitcrap of moving bullion vans of cash to his private residence on the eve of a major election & claiming it's not for vote-buying because he belongs to the APC.

Imagine it were Fayose, or any other opposition figure that did carried out this ugly development?
Well Tinubu may think he is safe but the cabal are going to use this same issue against him in time to come.Another govt will surely come in future & this incident will be probe.

Re: Tinubu: Why EFCC Planned Probe On Bullion Vans May Not Come Anytime Soon by Racoon(m): 8:10pm On Oct 29, 2019
“Once you submit a petition, there is a waiting time.We receive hundreds of petitions through out the country everyday,” says Wilson Uwujaren, the EFCC Head of Media and Publicity.

Investigation takes time.We're not police station where complaints come and we make an arrest. No,EFCC does not work like that.As people submit petitions in our offices the same way they drop petitions online.”

The spokesperson said once a petition is received, it would undergo a review process; the evidences are checked before the actual investigation commences if the claim has merit.
What a stupid response.This same useless and senseless media propaganda anti-corruption lapdog of the APC government have arrested yahoo boys, opposition figures, anti-government persons etc without waiting for any fuckin due process.

The Gandollar babanriga dollar bribe stuffing video have been confirmed to be true by the same EFCC but because crook is a sai baba zombie, the case has died down.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has confirmed the authenticity of the video showing the Kano State Governor, Umar Ganduje, allegedly receiving millions of dollars as bribe.

SATURDAY PUNCH gathered that forensic analysis of the video showing Ganduje receiving bribe from a contractor indicated that the video was not digitally cloned as claimed by some of his loyalists.
https://punchng.com/political-considerations-stalling-ganduje-bribery-probe-investigation/

Same for Akpabio, Orji Uzor Kalu, Musiliu Obanikoro and other numerous well connected high profile corrupt and indicted criminals in the APC.
https://punchng.com/n108bn-fraud-efcc-seize-akpabios-properties/
https://punchng.com/n108bn-fraud-efcc-keeps-mum-on-akpabio-probe/[/quote]
Re: Tinubu: Why EFCC Planned Probe On Bullion Vans May Not Come Anytime Soon by opalu: 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2019
� Deji is from Kogi. We are fearless
Re: Tinubu: Why EFCC Planned Probe On Bullion Vans May Not Come Anytime Soon by babyfaceafrica: 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2019
waste of time

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Signs Bill Amending Deep Offshore Act / The Nigerian Air Force In 1986 / Bayelsa Guber: Scores Feared Dead, Several Injured As PDP, APC Supporters Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.