Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

A CRY For Help. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A CRY For Help. (1279 Views)

A Cry For Help: Lagos State Government About To Demolish Our Estate / A Cry For Help / Lady Cries Out For Help As She Films Her Landlord’s Children Assaulting Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A CRY For Help. by MrsChristy: 12:12am On Oct 30, 2019
A CRY FOR HELP:
FROM GENERAL PUBLC AND NIGERIAN ELECTR1CITY REGULATORY COMMTSSION (NERG)

ABOUT MY ODEAL WITH AEDC KUBWA OFFICE ATTENSION:

It started a few years back when I was transferred to Abuja, I rented a one bed room apartment at room I Block 309 Unini Street District 242 Kubwa Abuja, and I met an accumulated Electricity bill with other members of the yard, and I followed them to defray the bill, before the AEDC Kubwa issued us with an individual prepaid meter, Which I was using till on October, 2016 , when there was a heavy down pour which offected the meter.
But unknown to me as the meter stopped suppling light, At first I hought that its recharge has finished, so I went to recharge it, but behold, it wasn't successful after much trials,
I went To the AEDC Office to report, the Officer in-charge asked me to go and put my report in writing which I did and submitted, after reading the report, he minuted in the letter and gave it back to me with an instruction that I should call the Officer who's Phone number was minuted in the letter to come and inspect the meter and possibly put it in order and Also get it recharged.
I went back to my house and call the number, from that moment till another one week, there was no response, , and after waiting for a long time I went back and reported again that the number which they asked me to call wasn't going through.
They showed me another officer who collected the letter from me, and told me that I'm m not supposed to hold it since it has the minute of their boss and later told me that my meter has been spoiled and that there is nothing they can do rather than enroll me into direct monthly billing till whenever they replace my meter.
I later accepted without knowing that I was entering a bond.
On 5th January, 2017 they enrolled me (see enrollment paper attached as no. 1)
and on 23d March 2018, I wrote the remainder letter for the replacement of my meter and no response was received again. (see attach No. 2) On February, 2017 the Company (AEDC) brought its first bill to me for N13,114.71 when I asked why they told me that the bill was from October 2016
when my meter got spoiled, that they assumed that i was making use light, i asked them how,since i cannot recharge the meter and they insisted that I should go and pay my bill after much argument ,
I started paying the bill in bits with N4,000.00 till I finish it and other monthly bills was coming and I kept paying promptly, so from February, 2018 the bill started changing from month to month.
On February 2018 it was N5358.18, March it was N5740.88, April it was N7610.22 so at this point, I incorporated two members of the yard who doesn't have light so that I will be sharing the bill with them.
Also when the May bill came it was N7664.72 and June was N7935.17 then another member of the yard joined us and July bill came and it was N14,288 40. so the new person refused to pay saying that the bill was so outrageous.
Then I wrote another letter to the AEDC on 9h August 2018 requesting the reduction of my monthly electricity bill (see attached No 3) I'm yet to receive response from AEDC with regards the the letter I wrote before another bill arrived on August with N18,374.80, seeing the increment, I wrote again on 15t August, 2018 to the Office to come and disconnect my line and stop the bill from reading to avoid accumulation (see at tached No. 4)
Also there was another bill of August 31, 2018 which was N14,084.28 and which we did not pay in time, as we normally pay promptly, and we were rallying round to get the money, so on the 17 "Day of September 2018 before I could come back from work the officials of the AEDC have come to my yard and disconnected my line and lift the disconnection order with my children with an unpaid amount of N35,343.37 (see attached No 5),
So after this disconnection, the AEDC Staff were still bringing their monthly bill to me without stopping which accrued to N82,061.34 as at February 2019,
Then on April 2019 I wrote another letter to the AEDC Office for the replacement of my meter No 07085223605-0 (see attached No 6) and another reminding them of suspension of my bill yet they are still bringing the bill. (see attached No. 7)
Note also that the company has forced two of those my co-tenants who were desperate to get light to pay up to N23,000. 00 and N15,000. 00 respectively to be connected which they paid, because the AEDC Officer in-charge of our Area said that the accumulated money in the recent bill will be shared among us.
On 9th October 2019 another bill came from N82,061.34 to N93,547. 11 . (see attached No 8 )
On this note therefore, I am pleading to Nigerians to advise me on what to do.
Re: A CRY For Help. by MrsChristy: 12:15am On Oct 30, 2019
I'm try to post the letters I wrote, but it's not uploading.

Re: A CRY For Help. by MrsChristy: 12:22am On Oct 30, 2019
Here

(1) (Reply)

Fed C of O Land/ initial deposit of ₦10M @lekki Scheme 2, Abram Adesanya, LAGOS. / Build this 5bedroom Duplex for N45m. / Cac Business Registration Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.