Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,086 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Which Off Roader Please? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Off Roader Please? (5596 Views)

MOAR eBike:This Foldable Electric Off-roader Bike Is Strong Enough to Tow An SUV / Jeep Unveils The 2020 Gladiator Off-roader That Is Part SUV,Part Pickup / Brabus 900 Unveiled As The Most Powerful V12 Off-roader In The World (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Off Roader Please? by BamBamK: 11:46am On Nov 20, 2019
same thing that guy just did

HeavenlyBang:

It's my civic duty to educate the ignorant.
Re: Which Off Roader Please? by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2019
BamBamK:
same thing that guy just did

Except that he's wrong. The Infiniti FX is a reliable car.
Re: Which Off Roader Please? by BamBamK: 1:21pm On Nov 20, 2019
reliability is subjective, if u ask me.

HeavenlyBang:

Except that he's wrong. The Infiniti FX is a reliable car.
Re: Which Off Roader Please? by ElRazur: 3:32am On Nov 21, 2019
Abeg my people what's the reliable way to check detailed car history in Naija. I have seen carfax and others offering similar services, abeg which one should I consider?

Car is most likely an import from USA so I am keen on doing VIN check for detailed history. Abeg I am open to your options. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Which Off Roader Please? by CarGuideNG: 6:36am On Nov 21, 2019
ElRazur:
Abeg my people what's the reliable way to check detailed car history in Naija. I have seen carfax and others offering similar services, abeg which one should I consider?

Car is most likely an import from USA so I am keen on doing VIN check for detailed history. Abeg I am open to your options. Thanks.

Hello Sir

CarFax is quite comprehensive, but why settle for just CarFax when you can have history details for your vehicle from CarFax and the other major sources as well as other North American history sources, for less than the cost of a single regular CarFax report?

Get in touch with CarGuideNG. Just click or tap on the image below.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10589347_1574088752385_jpeg3b14f3198e535cab33db7fbb49ee16df

Re: Which Off Roader Please? by computerglobal(m): 8:36am On Nov 21, 2019
ElRazur:

We provide carfax,Autocheck,Nmvtis and more
Contact me for one free vehicle history report
Contact us on Whats-app now for
Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

You are just a click away..

https:///+2348060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9819253_20190630123201_jpeg4ce4fbc27f7585fd9c126b1683d30501
[/quote]
Re: Which Off Roader Please? by ElRazur: 6:11am On Nov 24, 2019
Thanks for the VIN info. I should be in touch shortly.

Abeg anyone got experience of the Mazda CX9 as a daily use vehicle. Is it good for Naija road?
Re: Which Off Roader Please? by nurey(m): 7:35am On Nov 24, 2019
ElRazur:
Thanks for the VIN info. I should be in touch shortly.

Abeg anyone got experience of the Mazda CX9 as a daily use vehicle. Is it good for Naija road?

Mazda CX-9 = Ford Edge in Halloween costume

2 Likes

Re: Which Off Roader Please? by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:32am On Nov 24, 2019
nurey:

Wait, really?
Re: Which Off Roader Please? by nurey(m): 11:38am On Nov 24, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Wait, really?
Are you surprised?
Re: Which Off Roader Please? by Lucky4real28(m): 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
Hahaha, you made me laff out loud. I read somewhere ford designed the engine. I really love the car and I just bought one, the grand touring 08 model. I will write a review about it when used for a month. The vehicle had loads of positive reviews in the US just like the MDX.
nurey:

Re: Which Off Roader Please? by ElRazur: 10:03am On Dec 28, 2019
computerglobal:

We provide carfax,Autocheck,Nmvtis and more
Contact me for one free vehicle history report
Contact us on Whats-app now for
Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9819253_20190630123201_jpeg4ce4fbc27f7585fd9c126b1683d30501

Is there anyone I can speak to over the phone ASAP? Thank you.
Re: Which Off Roader Please? by Originalsly: 10:54am On Dec 28, 2019
From the list....and your requirements.... I would advise Honda Pilot. The rest are pretty much city SUVs... stylish and loaded with comforts... soft ride and for the occasional weekend light off road. Not intended for everyday roughness and are more expensive to maintain and repair. The Xterra was designed for off road... so don't ever have the same expectations from any of these... even if you consider the Pathfinder. On Toyota.... if you by chance want to go there.... the FJ Cruiser is in the Xterra category.... designed for off road... and is better off road than the Xterra.

1 Like

Re: Which Off Roader Please? by computerglobal(m): 11:27am On Dec 28, 2019
ElRazur:

Is there anyone I can speak to over the phone ASAP? Thank you.

Re: Which Off Roader Please? by valarinz: 4:38am On Feb 26, 2020
nurey:

Just found out about this the hard way, very correct
Re: Which Off Roader Please? by 9icetoo(m): 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
nurey:

The FX35 isn't a bad car, uses a VQ35DE and parts related to other Nissan and Infiniti vehicles.

issues

1. body parts are very expensive and vandals know these so if you don't park much in an enclosed compound, they would burgle your car, especially the headlamps, the 2 coat 120k grin

2. Minor electrical issues especially if you use a battery rating less than 100amps

3. it drives like a car so expect to feel every uneven surface on the road. if you are also tall, the roofline go be some how.

4. The RWD variant dey choo tire like no man's business, if you come buy chinko knockoff he go dey shed am like crocodile tears.

Apart from that, the vehicle is fast, the exhaust note is catchy, the stance is intimidating and the luxury is superb what's more ladies won't let you rest grin they will want to rape you in an Infiniti till Infiniti grin
But it is terrible at off-road tasks.
I love the car though.

1 Like

Re: Which Off Roader Please? by ivoryhouse(m): 4:30am On Feb 27, 2020
The pilot is your best bet, going by your list. Try and get the pilot with 4wd.

ElRazur:
Good morning people. Abeg, I need to hear your views, opinion and personal experiences with some of these cars listed below.

Ford Escape (2009 onwards but not the newer design though)

Acura MDX (2008)

Mazda CX9 (2008+)

Infinity FX 35 (2008)

Honda Pilot (2009)

I need something that could tackle Naija road but do so with some degree of comfort and good handling. Coming from an Xterra, I appreciate the overall off road capabilities of that car but I need something more refined.

Please people, this is not a thread about how one car is better than the other but what will probably fit into my need.

I have looked at the Acura MDX and Mazda CX9 a lot more just because they both appear to offer that good ground clearance, relatively newish design, good off road capabilities, good handling and shape of both have grown on me.

I also like the Ford Escape - I've had experience with the 2004/5 model, however, I have no clue as to how the more boxy 2009 version will handle Naija roads and level of comfort.

Anyway, enough story. Make I hear from you people. Thank you all in advance.

Re: Which Off Roader Please? by olabodejinad: 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2020
ElRazur:

Thank you.

I have read all kind of wonderful stuff about Toyota Highlander and how they are almost unbreakable. I find the styling bland but the newer shape are better aesthetically.

Honda Pilot, I do like that one.

So based on the feed back here, my list is looking like this.

Honda Pilot and Nissan Pathfinder as the two main ones.

I really like the Infiniti FX35 but I am hoping someone with experience can shed more light in them.

Never mind the bland design of the highlander, it is a very capable offroad and if you go for the hybrid, you can get up to 40 mpg. And it packs a punch too, about 240hp. My dad has one since 2012 and all he spends money on apart from fuel is oil changes, servicing and occasional tire and brake pad replacement

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fake Vehicle Papers, How To Know…. / It Feels Good To Be Back / My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.