Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,367 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

No Interest Loan For Students: A Mirage Into Reality - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Interest Loan For Students: A Mirage Into Reality (230 Views)

Teacher Seen Showing His Students A Practical Example Of Proper&Improper Fractio / Best Law Books For Law Students: A Must Read For Aspiring Lawyers / Sexual Exploitation Of Female Students. (A Lecturer's Side Of The Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Interest Loan For Students: A Mirage Into Reality by babablogger: 7:58am On Oct 30, 2019
My name is Akinola Olamide a current aspirant for the post of house secretary. One of my agenda I would be implementing while in office is an introduction of no interest student loan.
      Firstly, some faculties in the university of Ibadan currently offer no interest loans to students like Faculty of Pharmacy, Vet. Medicine,and the faculty of the social sciences, which inevitably students pay back before they are cleared to graduate. Since this is a pilot project and we know the student Union cannot afford to cover loans for so many students since this is a start up project also, my office plans to give loans to 140 students that is ten students from each faculty, which the student Union or my office will not be involved in disbursing the loan due to bias. Each faculty will be allocated the amount that is stable to cater for the fee of ten students each that is those who meet up with specific requirements, most people always talk about ten per faculty is way small compared to the total population of students in the university of Ibadan but they should also get to realize that this is a pilot project which can't be done on a large scale. Another reason why the faculty is disbursing it is that in cases like two to three years ago when the student's Union was suspended ww will still have the money payed back to the faculty if cases like this should arise and keep on disbursing to students.
       I believe with starting this subsequent administrations will also want to continue.
 The introduction of the no interest students loan is not just to introduce  loans to students of the university of Ibadan but also students in Nigeria in general cause as we all know the chances of this model being adopted by other federal institutions is high.

This is a proposed project and has few changes that can be made Afterwards.

If you have any question you'd like me answer you can contact me via https:///2348124577931

SUPPORT & VOTE AKINOLA OLAMIDE as HOUSE SECRETARY University of Ibadan Student Union.

(1) (Reply)

STEM Education In Nigeria Is Gaining Strong Ground. / Hh / The Misconception Of ASUU'S Position On IPPIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.