Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Nigerian Ifeanyi Obi Arrested With Record $400K Drugs In Goa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Ifeanyi Obi Arrested With Record $400K Drugs In Goa (483 Views)

Nigerian Drug Supplier Caught In Goa, India / Nigerian Man Ifeanyi Obi Arrested With A Record $400K Drugs In India (photo) / Customs Rejects Over $400K Bribe After Intercepting Concealed Tramadol. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Ifeanyi Obi Arrested With Record $400K Drugs In Goa by hitng(m): 9:10am On Oct 30, 2019
In a major seizure, police in Goa, western India on Tuesday arrested a Nigerian Ifeanyi Pascal Obi, a.k.a Alex and confiscated drugs worth about Rs 3 crore(about $400,000) from him, local media reported on Wednesday.

Tuesday’s haul was a massive one considering that the value of the seized drugs was the same as the entire seizures in 2018.

The seizure was made following a raid at a hotel in the beach village of Candolim by the Calangute Police Station following a tip off.

Police inspector Nolasco Raposo, in-charge of the Calangute police station said that 34-year-old Nigerian was arrested for possession of the drugs.

“We have seized around 1 kg of Cocaine, around 2 kg MDMA(ecstasy drug), around 760 grams of Amphetamine tablets, around 106 grams charas, 1.2 kg ganja and cash amount of Rs 2 lakh, Raposo told reporters in Colangute.

Obi was arrested earlier in 2011 and booked for overstaying and again in 2012 for the possession of cocaine. The trials are pending in both cases.

“This raid is one of the single biggest seizures by the Goa Police in recent times. We cannot yet comment on his position in the drug network hierarchy as investigations are under process,” North Goa Superintendent of Police Utkrisht Prasoon said.

The police are also looking into the possible negligence by the landlord who rented out the premises to him.

Goa is a known hotspot for recreational and party drugs that are sold clandestinely especially along the beach belt that stretches from Candolim right up to Arambol in the North and is dotted with night clubs and other party hangouts.

The accused Obi has been booked under relevant sections of the Narcotics, Drugs and Psycotropic Substances act.

https://www.hitng.info/crime/nigerian-ifeanyi-obi-arrested-with-record-400k-drugs-in-goa/

Re: Nigerian Ifeanyi Obi Arrested With Record $400K Drugs In Goa by eTECTIV: 9:11am On Oct 30, 2019
D speed with which dis thread will make front page ehn... Oya 1 2 ready go
Re: Nigerian Ifeanyi Obi Arrested With Record $400K Drugs In Goa by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 30, 2019
Why na? You lef Nigeria, go destroy another pesin country. Diaris God ooh. Police, please do the needful to this guy to aseve as a deterrent to others. His look amongst the officers suggests to me that he's thinking of plan B' No be by force pesin dey ride benz go villa for xmas
Re: Nigerian Ifeanyi Obi Arrested With Record $400K Drugs In Goa by Jabioro: 9:16am On Oct 30, 2019
9ja...
Re: Nigerian Ifeanyi Obi Arrested With Record $400K Drugs In Goa by Florblu(f): 9:17am On Oct 30, 2019
I need someone to explain how these people do come across hard drugs. Is there a market where they are readily available? Even weed(igbo) where do they get it from?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ifeanyi Obi Arrested With Record $400K Drugs In Goa by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 30, 2019
Florblu:
I need someone to explain how these people do come across hard drugs. Is there a market where they are readily available? Even weed(igbo) where do they get it from?
My sista, I taya ooo. Even if I see the so called weed, I cant identify it apart from its uniquely bad smell perceived at bus stops when passing by, tankless of cocaine. Their network is so strong. Unfortunately, those giving them those drugs wouldn't tell them the implication. I pity one amaratochi who was apprehended by a Singaporean government during obj govt as an underage in possession of cocaine that time. They executed the poor boy, just like that after allowing him to reach the executable age.

These people wouldn't learn from others. The truth is, they're addicted to this type of crime and only God can rescue them by touching their hearts. I learnt even while in jail, some still do the business outside through their network. They're just busy destroying our country's name. Too had. Mods, pls accelerate this to the front page so the whole world would see his face. Nonsense!
Re: Nigerian Ifeanyi Obi Arrested With Record $400K Drugs In Goa by DonBenny77(m): 9:32am On Oct 30, 2019
grin
Our own Pablo Escobar......
Record breaker
Re: Nigerian Ifeanyi Obi Arrested With Record $400K Drugs In Goa by kaygreeno: 9:50am On Oct 30, 2019
Oluwa please help us' This is just too much..

Anyways..

Get A USA Used Laptop @Affordable price

PRODUCT:Lenovo
HDD:500Gb
RAM:8GB
LCD:15.6
KEYBOARD LIGHT: Yes
CONDITION: Perfect
SPEED:2.36Ghz
ADRESS: shop B15 Akorede plaza Ijesh surulere lagos.
NUMBER:Call 08128292552 Or Whatsapp.
Re: Nigerian Ifeanyi Obi Arrested With Record $400K Drugs In Goa by anonymuz(m): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2019
Na wa o, wasted sperm.

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest Two Old Men Who Allegedly Molest 11-year-old Primary School Girl / Armed Robber Kills Police Officer, Robs Petrol Station In Abia / Three Policemen Shot Dead At Kaduna Checkpoint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.