Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,644 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

How To Detect Scam And Boiler Room Scam Agro Investment - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Detect Scam And Boiler Room Scam Agro Investment (381 Views)

Best Agro Investment Scheme Available In The Market This 2020 / Letsfarm Agro-investment / Join Our Agro Investment Cooperative; Lets Farm And Trade Commodities Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Detect Scam And Boiler Room Scam Agro Investment by TollaniWestagro: 10:20am On Oct 30, 2019
Investment scams usually involve getting you to put up money for a questionable investment – or one that doesn’t exist at all. In most cases, you’ll lose some or all of your money.

Investment in farming is a risk, but there used to be a time when talking people into investing in farming was a lot scarier than what it is today.
With the crude nature of farming, coupled with the general lack of information about agro-businesses, people generally settle for other investment options regardless of whether they get better Return on Investment (ROI) compared to farming.
The truth, however, is that, although farming is a risky venture, it is highly lucrative. And for what it’s worth, credit will go to agro-crowdfunding players redefining the idea of investment in farming as we now know it.

Be sure to understand the details of the type of investment you’re going into. The platform should provide details like:
1. Location of farmland
2. Return on Investment: What interest rate are you getting? Is it annualized? Is it a flat rate or is it subject to fluctuations?
3. Pre-determined cost of farmland: Yes or No?
4. Product listing: maize, groundnut, sorghum, cassava, cow-pea, soybeans and rice? Or is it cattle? What kind?
5. Minimum Investment Amount
6. Period of investment cycle: 3 months? 6, 9 or even 12 months?
7. Risk mitigation policies: Make sure the platform has risk mitigation policies in place, such as insurance cover and be aware it’s in partnership with Research institutes like IITA and OCP Africa for quality inputs like seeds and fertilizers.
Re: How To Detect Scam And Boiler Room Scam Agro Investment by healthserve(m): 10:21am On Oct 30, 2019
Stop spreading fear necessarily. Nairaland police. Tend to focus on improving your personal lives than hastily discredit opportunities as fraud hindering people from approaching opportunities in a positive manner. Negatively postured writings will charge people negatively. What about five steps to stop lucrative agro investment deals.
Re: How To Detect Scam And Boiler Room Scam Agro Investment by TollaniWestagro: 10:58am On Oct 30, 2019
healthserve:
Stop spreading fear necessarily. Nairaland police. Tend to focus on improving your personal lives than hastily discredit opportunities as fraud hindering people from approaching opportunities in a positive manner. Negatively postured writings will charge people negatively. What about five steps to stop lucrative agro investment deals.

I am fully involved with Agro Allied Investment, but i still find it a compulsory task to educate the people on how to secure their money
Re: How To Detect Scam And Boiler Room Scam Agro Investment by TollaniWestagro: 11:02am On Oct 30, 2019
For more tips, join our investor forum
Re: How To Detect Scam And Boiler Room Scam Agro Investment by healthserve(m): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
TollaniWestagro:

I am fully involved with Agro Allied Investment, but i still find it a compulsory task to educate the people on how to secure their money

Educate to learn how is positively charged than educate to instill fear. Learn the difference

Cc EkperemoEgbabi
Re: How To Detect Scam And Boiler Room Scam Agro Investment by TollaniWestagro: 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
healthserve:

Educate to learn how is positively charged than educate to instill fear. Learn the difference

Cc EkperemoEgbabi

Thanks, i understand.

(1) (Reply)

Manual Filling Machine / Would You Consider Issuing Me LPO For Agrocommodities Supply? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.