Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Border Closure: My Appeal To President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: My Appeal To President Buhari (250 Views)

PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out / Border Closure: Rice Smugglers Divert To Pineapples / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Border Closure: My Appeal To President Buhari by honourhim: 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
My dear president Buhari,

I want to use this medium to make an appeal to you concerning the closure of our land border.

In the late nineties, a certain man was appointed the DG of National Broadcasting Corporation. This man decided to grow Nigerian music which was so unpopular in those days.

He directed all radio and Tv stations to always play 70% of Nigerian music and 30 percent of foreign music. By so doing Nigerian music began to get popular in Nigeria. more talented artistes started coming on board; Artistes like 2face, Psquare, Paul Daira, Showkey, Dbbanj, Nigga raw, faze Timaya, M I, Duncan mighty , Eedris etc started making waves. Then came Olamide, Phyno, Flavour, Simi, Davido, Wizkid

Today Nigerian musicians are making it big both in this country and outside .. Every DJ now plays Nigeria music. This has helped some of our youths to come out of unemployment.

The closure of the land bother is a step in the right direction. It will make Nigerians to start going into manufacturing/ production.

Please dont open the border yet. Hard conditions always make Nigerians to be more creative and thats how we can grow our own production,

The directive that the NBC issued in the 90s concerning our music is still yielding more excellent results to the extent that American stars now want to identify with Naija musicians,

Mr president please keep it up. Do not allow Ghana , Niger and the other countries pressure you into changing this good step you have taken.

For me i will advice that the border remain closed till next year ((2020)

Thank sir

(1) (Reply)

Supreme Court Judgement Part Of Nigeria’s Democratic Challenges- Atiku / You Are The Most Trustworthy VP Ever -Emir Of Daura Tells Osinbajo / Nsima Ekere's Appeal Lacks Convincing Evidence, Inconsistent - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.