Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo (1225 Views)

State Of The Nation: Obasanjo Holds Closed-Door Meeting With SDP Leaders / What I Told Buhari When He Telephoned Me On My Daughter’s Killing -fasoranti / State Of The Nation: Obasanjo To Afenifere, Ohanaeze, NEF, PANDEF Lets Get Out B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo by Simongm(m): 2:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has described the quest by the Okun people, like the Yoruba in Kwara State, to align with the South-West Yoruba people as the best thing that can happen to them because of the overall benefits.
Obasanjo made this known when he received the leaders of the Okun people of Kogi State who were at his residence in the Ogun State capital, Abeokuta, on Saturday, to invite him to the 2019 Okun Day celebration.
He applauded the Okun people for their initiative, recalling that he advised two illustrious sons of the state, the late Silas Bamidele Daniyan and the late Chief Sunday Bolorunduro Awoniyi, of the need to properly situate the cultural identity of Okun people as main stakeholders in the country.
Stressing the need for the people to hold firmly to their roots, Obasanjo said the issue of cultural identity remained paramount to encourage a sense of belonging among the diverse ethnic population.
Earlier, President of Kabba Development Union (KDU), Lagos branch, Princess Ladepe Omonale, in her speech, complained about marginalisation and frustration of the Okun people in the scheme of things because of being carved out of the South-West.
She restated the quest of the people to join their brethren in the South-West, stating that the organisation was formed in 2017 to bring together the Yoruba-speaking minorities in Kogi State and align themselves culturally with their brethren in the South-West.
She reminded the former president of the role of many illustrious sons of Okun nation that served under his administration, including Chief Daniyan and Awoniyi, who Obasanjo said he was well acquainted of the people mentioned and in fond memories of their association.
On the planned 2019 Okun Day cultural celebration, she said it had again received blessing of the Ooni of Ife, and they deemed it proper and necessary the need to approach Obasanjo, who she described as the father of modern Nigeria.
The delegation, which was jointly led by the president of the Lagos State chapter of the union, Princess Ladepe Omonale, her Abeokuta branch counterpart, Joseph Santa and a member of the Lagos branch executive of the union, Wole Hinmikaiye, comprised two consultants – Oluwaseun Ngonnase and Shehu Bankole-Hameed, who is also an author.

http://kogireports.com/what-i-told-awoniyi-daniyan-about-okun-nation-obasanjo/?fbclid=IwAR3

cc: lalasticlala

Re: What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo by Drkeo: 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
Following
Re: What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo by eternityk: 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2019
Hmm
Very funny
Make I no comment
Re: What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo by Simongm(m): 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2019
eternityk:
Hmm Very funny Make I no comment
What's funny? You've already commented now.
Re: What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo by stonemasonn: 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
Omo Okun
Re: What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo by Iamgrey5(m): 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
Good for them!
Re: What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo by netpro(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
Can someone please tell Chief Obasanjo about the good news coming from the Supreme Court regarding Atiku's appeal.
Re: What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo by haffaze777(m): 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2019
netpro:
Can someone please tell Chief Obasanjo about the good news coming from the Supreme Court regarding Atiku's appeal.

Obasanjo is here at iledi Ogboni to appeal that judgment,I will only tell you not to jubilate too soon because Atiku is still cumin either u like it or not

1 Like

Re: What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo by Foxman19: 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
What is essence of visiting Obasanjo? Whe he has power to make you guys associate with your tribe he refused to do it.

1 Like

Re: What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo by orisa37: 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
There're Satanic Spirits everywhere even on Nairaland.
Re: What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo by aremuforlife(m): 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2019
one of the flaw of baba
Re: What I Told Awoniyi, Daniyan About Okun Nation – Obasanjo by valarmorghulis: 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
Back then Na okun people full kwara civil service but they were not satisfied, they said they want their own state, now igala people dey do them shege

(1) (Reply)

First Case Of Corona Virus Disease Confirmed In Nigeria / The Truth: Both SW, SS And SE Are Being Marginalized / Edo 2020: I Will Win Poll By 75%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.