Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Vegetable Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Vegetable Farming (641 Views)

60 Days Return On Investment In Vegetable Farming / Vegetable Farming In Nigeria / How To Start Fruit & Vegetable Farming Business In Nigeria Or Africa 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vegetable Farming by dewhales101: 10:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
Pls house,I intend to cultivate veggies during the dry season, Water leaf,ewedu,tete and soko on about 2 acres but I want to know how to get buyers who will pick them up at the farm,I need advice's on how to get the veggies to the market,Thanks
Re: Vegetable Farming by dorispray: 2:09am On Oct 31, 2019
dewhales101:
Pls house,I intend to cultivate veggies during the dry season, Water leaf,ewedu,tete and soko on about 2 acres but I want to know how to get buyers who will pick them up at the farm,I need advice's on how to get the veggies to the market,Thanks
Can you state your farm location?
Re: Vegetable Farming by dewhales101: 7:22am On Oct 31, 2019
Iju Ota,After Canaan land(Winners)
dorispray:
Can you state your farm location?
Re: Vegetable Farming by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 31, 2019
dewhales101:
Iju Ota,After Canaan land(Winners)

Are you saying there is no market around you that you can go and make inquiry? After scamming you here, you will open thread and start crying. Is market your enemy? And you are in a strategic place you can access many markets; yet, you are on nairaland asking this .....I dont know the adjective to qualify your question so people dont read negative meaning . SMH.

1 Like

Re: Vegetable Farming by dorispray: 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
Pistotita:

Are you saying there is no market around you that you can go and make inquiry? After scamming you here, you will open thread and start crying. Is market your enemy? And you are in a strategic place you can access many markets; yet, you are on nairaland asking this .....I dont know the adjective to qualify your question so people dont read negative meaning . SMH.
boss, please temper justice with mercy. The OP need some advice and motivations I think. I'm used to the location mentioned very well and I can say that market(s) should not be your problem at all for any kind of veggies you want to start producing.
Re: Vegetable Farming by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
dorispray:
boss, please temper justice with mercy. The OP need some advice and motivations I think. I'm used to the location mentioned very well and I can say that market(s) should not be your problem at all for any kind of veggies you want to start producing.

Good sir. I was so irritated when I heard the location. I first thought it was inside some Oye town inside. How can anyone have farm near Bishop Oyedepo's place with all the massive industrialisation there...with markets everywhere and still come online here?

If he is genuine, why not, we will motivate him. But that kind of question is funny. He wants buyers to come to his farm and pick up his veggie. And even bold to ask on NL. Many loopholes there. Buyers of what? Bros I have seen scams in different dimensions that I am scared of these people. They use different format. Which veggie?

It is like I am attacking many people. But really, the rate at which people scam is terrible high and bad. No one wants to do legit business.

Oga, if you have your private car...please drop it for just 1 month a d get publick transport. Please, do not use BRT oooo. Cos I did not know how bad this thing is until recently. You will see that Nigeria is Jagajaga.

Anyway OP, @dewhales101 pardon me. You are at an advantage if you move your products to the market. The only product I will advice you to get buyers to move to your farm are local vegetables. Ugwu, spinach....etc. those ones that after harvest thet spoilt same day Any other veggie, go out and negotiate with drivers and move your products to market.

If not that kind of veggie you have, the only guess I can make is that your farm is deep in the forest and drivers are charging you crazily or they dont want to enter your farm. It is why you dont go deep inside the Bush. It is a wasted effort to go inside such. Some people would have to use bike move their products to the nearest main road because vehicles cannot move in. And bike start charging N500 for max of 3 bags. At times they can be crazy and charge N500 per bag. Lol. You can imagine if you find yourself in such situation during glut and price is N2,000. First, N500 for bike and like another N500 to move it to market. Can even be more than N500 per bag. Just N1000 on logistics. Hmmmm!

Let market and figures make decision for you. Always look ahead.

1 Like

Re: Vegetable Farming by dewhales101: 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
A part of me wanted to react rashly about hearing scams,have I asked for any mine on here? I started this thread so people who have been doing it can advice on how to go about selling once I start harvesting,I have an acre of potatoe to harvest right now and I haven't been able to sell,I couldn't get buyers to my maize and I have to wait till they are dry so I can sell, pls Mr too know if you can't simply advice on how to get buyers pls go to the next thread.
Pistotita:

Good sir. I was so irritated when I heard the location. I first thought it was inside some Oye town inside. How can anyone have farm near Bishop Oyedepo's place with all the massive industrialisation there...with markets everywhere and still come online here?

If he is genuine, why not, we will motivate him. But that kind of question is funny. He wants buyers to come to his farm and pick up his veggie. And even bold to ask on NL. Many loopholes there. Buyers of what? Bros I have seen scams in different dimensions that I am scared of these people. They use different format. Which veggie?

It is like I am attacking many people. But really, the rate at which people scam is terrible high and bad. No one wants to do legit business.

Oga, if you have your private car...please drop it for just 1 month a d get publick transport. Please, do not use BRT oooo. Cos I did not know how bad this thing is until recently. You will see that Nigeria is Jagajaga.

Anyway OP, @dewhales101 pardon me. You are at an advantage of you move your products to the market. The only product I will advice you to get buyers to move to your farm are local vegetables. Ugwu, spinach....etc. those ones that after harvest thet spoilt same day Any other veggie, go out and negotiate with drivers and move your products to market.

If not that kind of veggie you have, the only guess I can make is that your farm is deep in the forest and drivers are charging you crazily or they dont want to enter your farm. It is why you dont go deep inside the Bush. It is a wasted effort to go inside such. Some people would have to use bike move their products to the nearest main road because vehicles cannot move in. And bike start charging N500 for max of 3 bags. At times they can be crazy and charge N500 per bag. Lol. You can imagine if you find yourself in such situation during glut and price is N2,000. First, N500 for bike and like another N500 to move it to market. Can even be more than N500 per bag. Just N1000 on logistics. Hmmmm!

Let market and figures make decision for you. Always look ahead.
Re: Vegetable Farming by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
dewhales101:
A part of me wanted to react rashly about hearing scams,have I asked for any mine on here? I started this thread so people who have been doing it can advice on how to go about selling once I start harvesting,I have an acre of potatoe to harvest right now and I haven't been able to sell,I couldn't get buyers to my maize and I have to wait till they are dry so I can sell, pls Mr too know if you can't simply advice on how to get buyers pls go to the next thread.

grin grin grin
Advise you on NL even when another person confirmed it that markets surround you like water as if you are on an Island. Even in the midst of excess beef, your kind will be asking for where to buy bones. grin

You better say what is on your mind here so people can treat your "fvck up". Imagine....Otta farmer asking where market is located. You need to be spanked.

It's like a farmer in Ikorodu/ikorodu rd/ketu/Ojota still asking on NL where to sell when Mile 12 is just N50 bus stop or can even trek down there. Market in Mile 12, Ketu, Ojota, Agric, even Oshodi, etc. If you understand how foolish and irritating your question is, you will never write on NL again. Of all places...farmer in otta. You no well at all ooo. Honestly. And you still have mouth to talk. Later they dupe you...you will come here to start shouting. You better keep shut before I knock that your coconut head and reformat it. grin farmer in otta...asking for market. SMH!

React harshly to your foolishness. You better wise up and go to market and hustle. Many irritating threads. Chai! Farmer in Otta. Otta of all places. Even oyedepo is setting up farms there. Oyedepo has repaired almost all the roads that federal and state governments abandoned. Everywhere you step you see market that you cant even bother yourself about Mile12 glut. Roll along that road till you enter idiriko, you will find something. O boy...you no well at all ooo. You better say your mission here. Otta farmer...I haven't heard such in my life. You people just think I'm hard on this one. Honestly, you people dont understand what I'm saying. Farmer in Otta. Chai!

A beg...make a leave your "mumu" thread. There are many irritating threads. Imagine...otta farmer asking for market on NL. Tou better start asking how to move your products to Pluto if you dont find any market around you. grin

1 Like

Re: Vegetable Farming by dewhales101: 12:11am On Nov 01, 2019
You've just displayed the height of your stupidity man,
Pistotita:

grin grin grin
Advise you on NL even when another person confirmed it that markets surround you like water as if you are on an Island. Even in the midst of excess beef, your kind will be asking for where to buy bones. grin

You better say what is on your mind here so people can treat your "fvck up". Imagine....Otta farmer asking where market is located. You need to be spanked.

It's like a farmer in Ikorodu/ikorodu rd/ketu/Ojota still asking on NL where to sell when Mile 12 is just N50 bus stop or can even trek down there. Market in Mile 12, Ketu, Ojota, Agric, even Oshodi, etc. If you understand how foolish and irritating your question is, you will never write on NL again. Of all places...farmer in otta. You no well at all ooo. Honestly. And you still have mouth to talk. Later they dupe you...you will come here to start shouting. You better keep shut before I knock that your coconut head and reformat it. grin farmer in otta...asking for market. SMH!

React harshly to your foolishness. You better wise up and go to market and hustle. Many irritating threads. Chai! Farmer in Otta. Otta of all places. Even oyedepo is setting up farms there. Oyedepo has repaired almost all the roads that federal and state governments abandoned. Everywhere you step you see market that you cant even bother yourself about Mile12 glut. Roll along that road till you enter idiriko, you will find something. O boy...you no well at all ooo. You better say your mission here. Otta farmer...I haven't heard such in my life. You people just think I'm hard on this one. Honestly, you people dont understand what I'm saying. Farmer in Otta. Chai!

A beg...make a leave your "mumu" thread. There are many irritating threads. Imagine...otta farmer asking for market on NL. Tou better start asking how to move your products to Pluto if you dont find any market around you. grin

(1) (Reply)

Cassava Processing Equipments For Sale / Npk 20 10 10 At Affordable Price / HELP In Identifying This Strange Looking Flower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.