Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal (669 Views)

Oil Marketers Deny NNPC On N5.35bn Petrol Subsidy Payment / Public Outcry On N5.5bn Suvs, An Insult –senate / Just In: Osinbajo Inaugurates C’ttee On N5 Trn AMCON Debts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:16am On Oct 31, 2019
The National Identity Management Commission has insisted on N 5, 000 for the renewal of the national identity card.
According to the commission, the card has more embedded features than the passport and the Automated Teller Machine card.
The Director General/ Chief Executive Officer , NIMC, Mr Aliyu Aziz, stated this in Abuja on Wednesday when he appeared before the House of Representatives ’ Committee on Diaspora Affairs .
The NIMC had on October 15, 2019 , said the renewal of the national identity card would cost N 5, 000 payable through Remita , a Federal Government revenue collection platform .
The announcement via its Twitter handle, @ nimc_ ng , had generated public criticisms.
The NIMC boss , however , explained that while the card was to be issued to Nigerians and non -Nigerian residents for free , there was prior announcement that it could be reissued or renewed for free .
The NIMC boss was asked why the commission had been issuing paper slips while the collection of the card was being delayed for years. The lawmakers also asked why Nigerians in the diaspora were being asked to pay $50 to obtain the card, even when the official cost is $47 .
Aziz said , “ I want to also make it very clear that in NIMC linguistics , we don ’t have any temporary or permanent card. It is the language used by the Independent National Electoral Commission ( for Permanent Voter Card) and for driving licence ( by the Federal Road Safety Corps) . ”

source: https://punchng.com/nimc-insists-on-n5000-for-id-card-renewal/

Re: NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by rottennaija(m): 6:17am On Oct 31, 2019
When I am yet to receive mine after more than 6 years of registration
Re: NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by ursullalinda(f): 6:29am On Oct 31, 2019
rottennaija:
When I am yet to receive mine after more than 6 years of registration

I never even register......the stories I hear are not encouraging......but I heard it will be compulsory from next year
Re: NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by newlandf: 1:28am On Nov 01, 2019
once
Re: NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by Bola146(f): 5:17am On Nov 01, 2019
Ha shocked shocked Five what Nigeria...
Re: NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by jabor4Naija(m): 6:12am On Nov 01, 2019
The attitude of d ppl carrying out dis registration is alarming, i almost slapped one of d guys d oda day if not for a woman dat held me. They ve taken themselves as demi god and ve started using to extort ppl by saying all sort of rubbish like no forms and all
Re: NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by orisa37: 8:33am On Nov 01, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
The National Identity Management Commission has insisted on N 5, 000 for the renewal of the national identity card.
According to the commission, the card has more embedded features than the passport and the Automated Teller Machine card.
The Director General/ Chief Executive Officer , NIMC, Mr Aliyu Aziz, stated this in Abuja on Wednesday when he appeared before the House of Representatives ’ Committee on Diaspora Affairs .
The NIMC had on October 15, 2019 , said the renewal of the national identity card would cost N 5, 000 payable through Remita , a Federal Government revenue collection platform .
The announcement via its Twitter handle, @ nimc_ ng , had generated public criticisms.
The NIMC boss , however , explained that while the card was to be issued to Nigerians and non -Nigerian residents for free , there was prior announcement that it could be reissued or renewed for free .
The NIMC boss was asked why the commission had been issuing paper slips while the collection of the card was being delayed for years. The lawmakers also asked why Nigerians in the diaspora were being asked to pay $50 to obtain the card, even when the official cost is $47 .
Aziz said , “ I want to also make it very clear that in NIMC linguistics , we don ’t have any temporary or permanent card. It is the language used by the Independent National Electoral Commission ( for Permanent Voter Card) and for driving licence ( by the Federal Road Safety Corps) . ”

You are just a Thief
Re: NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by orisa37: 8:42am On Nov 01, 2019
orisa37:

You are just a Thief

It's the Natural and Constitutional Rights of The People to resist extortion, exploitation and Undue Enslavery for whatever purposes. Stop harassing
Re: NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by Opinedecandid(m): 8:42am On Nov 01, 2019
Nonsense.

Buhari and his team of incompetent, nay 'idealess' administrators will not squeeze Nigerians dead
Re: NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by Opinedecandid(m): 8:47am On Nov 01, 2019
valentineuwakwe:

Some of the questions raised by the House Committee hasn't been answered.
Why does it take years to get the card?

1 Like

Re: NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by Niaja4real(m): 8:52am On Nov 01, 2019
Who the silly card epp
Will this card stop corruption
Re: NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by helinues: 9:02am On Nov 01, 2019
N5,000 is the amount tor renewal

How about for the officers?
Re: NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by EkwensuAmosu1: 10:05am On Nov 01, 2019
[s]
helinues:
N5,000 is the amount tor renewal

How about for the officers?
[/s]
Re: NIMC Insists On N5,000 For ID Card Renewal by bigpicture001: 11:44am On Nov 01, 2019
You guyz must enjoi ur change nd nxt level....

Can you imagine..?

This country is finishrd!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Senate Confirms Nwogu Nna Nwogu, 13 Others NDDC Board Commissioners / Port Of Ondo Project Gains Momentum As Akeredolu Receives Implementation Plan / APC Chieftain: Our Party Is The Architect Of Hate Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.