Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,771 members, 7,866,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:00 AM

Meet The Very First Nigerian Dehlia Umunna To Become Professor Of Law In Harvard - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet The Very First Nigerian Dehlia Umunna To Become Professor Of Law In Harvard (288 Views)

About Adegoke Olubummo: Nigeria’s First Professor Of Mathematics / Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 / Meet Dehlia Umunna, The First Nigerian Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Very First Nigerian Dehlia Umunna To Become Professor Of Law In Harvard by damilola4162(m): 12:21pm On Oct 31, 2019
A 43-year-old Nigerian, Dehlia Umunna becomes the first Nigerian to be appointed as a professor in Harvard School of Law, in the United Kingdom.

Umunna who has been lecturing in the law school, University of Harvard since 2007, rose to the level of deputy director and clinical instructor at Harvard Law School Criminal Justice Institute (CJI).

She is also an author and her teaching interest and research focuses on criminal law, criminal defence and theory, mass incarceration and race issues.

“I am blessed and honoured to join Harvard Law School’s remarkable faculty. I relish this extraordinary opportunity to continue work that I am truly passionate about, and I am grateful for the deep interest and commitment of the school to issues of criminal justice, mass incarceration, indigent defence and social justice." Umunna said as she was appointed.

She once received Harvard Law School’s Dean’s Award for Excellence and the Southern Public Defender Training Centre Outstanding Faculty Mentor of the Year Award. The recognition acknowledged her as a stellar student supervisor, staff manager, lecturer, coach and mentor.

Interestingly, she holds a law degree from the George Washington University Law Centre, a Master’s in Public Administration (MC) from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government and a BA in Communications from California State University, San Bernardino.

From 2002 to 2007, Umunna was an adjunct professor of Law and Practitioner in Residence at American University, Washington College of Law.

Source:https://newspremises.com.ng/2019/10/31/meet-the-very-first-nigerian-to-become-a-professor-in-harvard-law-school/

1 Share

Re: Meet The Very First Nigerian Dehlia Umunna To Become Professor Of Law In Harvard by landnewf: 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
against

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Invades Oou, Funaab, Mapoly, Abducts 30 Students / RPA Tutorial 2019 / GCE 2019 Results Released!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.