Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,435 members, 7,819,580 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo (789 Views)

Ogun Approves Reconstruction Of Abule Egba-Sango-Abeokuta Expressway, Ogijo / Wike Flags Off Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Public Schools In FCT (Photos) / Lagos Releases List Of Critical Roads For Construction After Rainy Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo by Ochendo1: 3:21pm On Oct 31, 2019
Ihedioha Takes Bold Steps

–Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Maintenance of Critical Roads in Imo

The government of Imo State led by His Excellency, Hon Emeka Ihedioha, has responded quickly to public outcry by addressing the dilapidated and decayed road infrastructure inherited from the past Okorocha’s administration in Imo state.

At today's State Executive Council meeting, October 30th, 2019, the governor took further bold steps to approve for rehabilitation, Reconstruction and maintenance, Five ( 5 ) critical Imo gateways cutting across Okigwe, Owerri and Orlu Zones.

To reduce road hazards faced by Imo citizens and residents, and bring easy movement to the people, the following roads has been approved for reconstruction, rehabilitation and maintenance.

1. Maintenance of the failed section of the 52 km Owerri-Egbu-Mbaise-Obowo Road.

2. Maintenance of failed section of Owerri- Njaba- Orlu 32km road.

3. Maintenance of failed section of Owerri-Amaraku-Anara--Onuimo-Umunna-Okigwe 51 km road.

4. Reconstruction / Rehabilitation of Aboh-Itu Ezinihitte Mbaise 7.1 km road.

5. Reconstruction of Achingali-Onicha-Udo na Obizi 14 km road.

The works will involve scarification, rebuilding of the sub-base, provision of stone base, overlay with asphalt concrete, rebuilding of corresponding shoulders, desilting of blocked drainages, construction of new drainages, and replacement of median kerbs where necessary. etc.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo by makdcash(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
A welcome development
Re: Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo by Bigflamie(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
This Ihedioha seems to be sleeping in my opinion.

I thought by now Imo state would've become a construction site.

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo by kingsmecca(m): 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2019
Please Mr. Governor, whatever you do please don't forget that the communities in Ohaji are cut off from the city of Owerri due to bad roads. Please let's feel the "Rebuild Imo" agenda.

Thank you.
Re: Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo by popsy2(m): 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
I pray be sees it through. It should be quality roads, not just roads.
Re: Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo by helinues: 4:04pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nice one.. Projects and developments first before questioning..

1 Like

Re: Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo by ogtavia(m): 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
Very very good development. This is what we expected and I pray it continues. Owerri-Amaraku-Anara--Onuimo-Umunna-Okigwe is the route to my village and I can imagine the relief this will bring to motorists.Owerri is also in need of massive infrastructure upgrades.
Re: Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo by Ochendo1: 4:39pm On Oct 31, 2019
Bigflamie:
This Ihedioha seems to be sleeping in my opinion.

I thought by now Imo state would've become a construction site.

Road constructions during heavy rains are not advisable.
Such an adventure would result to wastage and overshooting of initial budgets for such projects.
That notwithstanding, the governor has quickly responded to critics whom want the governor to perform magic and turn the State into a Dubai in just 6 months amidst heavy rain showers.
The road rehabilitation will go on at a much slower pace, making the roads motorable for commuters up until the rain stops for massive reconstruction.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo by EkwensuAmosu1: 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Nice one.. Projects and developments first before questioning..

[/s]
Re: Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2019
This is like the 10th time I'm reading about Ihedioha approving intervention on dilapidated roads.

Approval no dey finish ni?

When are the contractors mobilizing to site?

Ihedioha had better not disappoint Ndiimo o!
Re: Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo by landnewf: 11:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
herself
Re: Gov. Ihedioha Approves Reconstruction, Rehabilitation Of Critical Roads In Imo by leofab(f): 1:55am On Nov 06, 2019
This audio Governor... one year almost

(1) (Reply)

Photo's of DSS Trying To Re-Arrest Sowore In Court / Will the Supreme Court Grant Ihedioha's Application for Review on Tuesday? / In Awarding N3.6 Billion Contract To Own Firm, Bauchi Gov. Duplicates Purchases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.