Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... (2899 Views)

Periodic Cylinder Compression Test Is All Your Engine Needs To Serve You Well / Valvoline Engine Oil - 5W30, 5W40, 10W40 / ♻️ Get To Know The Car Accident History Before You Buy♻️ +234-8060365068 ♻️♻️ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dru23(m): 8:25pm On Oct 31, 2019
This story just got to few hours ago.. I myself could not believe it .. It also drives home the point why I prefer to import my engine oil and goods from the USA...

So I just called my Lagos contact to know how the business is doing so far .. So I was told that we just got another engine oil customer for Mobil 1 . He was reccomended through one of our car dealer in Lagos.. When the oil was deliver to the new customer. It took my team and car dealer 15 minutes to convince him that our is not fake and it is imported from the USA .. The new customer explain to us that his neigbour has drum and drums of fake Mobil 1 oil in his house. Which includes a machine that makes the same label. And he stated the oil are sold at the same price as the original in places around Lagos.. He said since than he was afraid to buy Mobil 1 oil ..... After he was convince that our Mobil was real , he stated if we can supply to other places for him in Lagos and also to his place of work.. He just wanted to make sure there will a continuity of the product ....

My point is people should ask questions and know the source of your product.. Avoid buying fake products at all times. .... Customers can rest assure that my products are genuinely from the USA and I import them directly not from a third party or middlemen type thing.. But I buy from directly from the USA ... And I take pride in what I do.... For all your Genuine Mobil 1 oil , am at your service
And also 0w20 will be available by the end of Nov...

Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dicksonadams(m): 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2019
Genuine original oil... Look no other place
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by thebigkendo(m): 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2019
Dru & his brother... grin grin
Fake mobile one with same container & label grin grin grin
The fake oil.. Is it extended performance, high mileage or the regular?

1 Like

Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by greggng: 8:51pm On Oct 31, 2019
dicksonadams:

But Gazzuz has this oil too....how come you are the only one selling original?
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dru23(m): 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2019
thebigkendo:
Fake mobile one with same container & label grin grin grin
The fake oil.. Is it extended performance, high mileage or the regular
?

Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dru23(m): 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2019
dicksonadams:

Thanks bro .....
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by thebigkendo(m): 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
dru23:

You did not answer my question sir..
Was it fake extended performance or high mileage?
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dru23(m): 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2019
thebigkendo:

You did not answer my question sir..
Was it fake extended performance or high mileage?

I don't know o.. But fake they everywhere my brother.. The point is we now have a new customer.. the guy bought 5w30 for his Rx Lexus.... What got me surprise is when he said that they sell those fake oil at certain places in Lagos ..
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dru23(m): 9:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
greggng:

But Gazzuz has this oil too....how come you are the only one selling original?

My point is for people to know their seller.. Know who you are buying from
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by radautoworks: 9:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
dru23:

I don't know o.. But fake they everywhere my brother.. The point is we now have a new customer.. the guy bought 5w30 for his Rx Lexus.... What got me surprise is when he said that they sell those fake oil at trade fare.. I didnt really think trade fare sells fake stuff like dat.. I heard about it,but was not 100% sure.. I guess we learn something new everyday

Don't laugh but my head was badly burnt by fake relaxer from trade Fair. I got excited to see my usual brand there without having to import and bought... never again.
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by charlesadeoye(m): 10:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
We need update on the arrival of the ow20... you didnt update the castrol 5w30 thread after its arrival but i still got to buy 2 from your representative in lagos.... i even thought i was calling you when i picked the number to call... i was suprised she was a woman.
she came to deliver them to me at ladipo/fatai atere axis...
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dru23(m): 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2019
charlesadeoye:
We need update on the arrival of the ow20... you didnt update the castrol 5w30 thread after its arrival but i still got to buy 2 from your representative in lagos.... i even thought i was calling you when i picked the number to call... i was suprised she was a woman.
she came to deliver them to me at ladipo/fatai atere axis...

Yes thanks for your patronage... the 0w20 will arrive middle of Nov....for the year now am done importing things to Nigeria. So I will start again early next year with Castrol 5w30 and 5w20.. Mobil 1 extended performance full ground especially 5w30 and 5w20. Once the 0w20
arrives I will post it.. Once again thanks for your continuous patronage .. And yes am not in Nigeria all the time ,I come and go . ..And at times I do make delivery personally when am in town. And gives the opportunity to interact with my customers.. Hopefully we cross path ,thanks again
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by radautoworks: 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
dru23:

Yes thanks for your patronage... the 0w20 will arrive middle of Nov....for the year now am done importing things to Nigeria. So I will start again early next year with Castrol 5w30 and 5w20.. Mobil 1 extended performance full ground especially 5w30 and 5w20. Once the 0w20
arrives I will post it.. Once again thanks for your continuous patronage .. And yes am not in Nigeria all the time ,I come and go . ..And at times I do make delivery personally when am in town. And gives the opportunity to interact with my customers.. Hopefully we cross path ,thanks again

Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by jarkbauer: 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2019
dru23:
This story just got to few hours ago.. I myself could not believe it .. It also drives home the point why I prefer to import my engine oil and goods from the USA...

So I just called my Lagos contact to know how the business is doing so far .. So I was told that we just got another engine oil customer for Mobil 1 . He was reccomended through one of our car dealer in Lagos.. When the oil was deliver to the new customer. It took my team and car dealer 15 minutes to convince him that our is not fake and it is imported from the USA .. The new customer explain to us that his neigbour has drum and drums of fake Mobil 1 oil in his house. Which includes a machine that makes the same label. And he stated the oil are sold at the same price as the original in places around Lagos.. He said since than he was afraid to buy Mobil 1 oil ..... After he was convince that our Mobil was real , he stated if we can supply to other places for him in Lagos and also to his place of work.. He just wanted to make sure there will a continuity of the product ....

My point is people should ask questions and know the source of your product.. Avoid buying fake products at all times. .... Customers can rest assure that my products are genuinely from the USA and I import them directly not from a third party or middlemen type thing.. But I buy from directly from the USA ... And I take pride in what I do.... For all your Genuine Mobil 1 oil , am at your service

The first Mobil 1 I ever bought was from trade fair. It is super fake. The oil did not burn one drop in my 2AZ Camry engine. The moment I bought the original Mobil 1 from dealer here on nairaland I had to top 1 quart before the next 5000 miles. The mpg was horrible compared to what original Mobil1 gave me. My wife used to buy body cream from there. Her skin was getting even drier and horrible until we imported same brand of cream from US. Babanla fake depots for everything.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM TRADE FAIR.

1 Like

Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dru23(m): 12:42am On Nov 01, 2019
jarkbauer:

The first Mobil 1 I ever bought was from trade fair. It is super fake. The oil did not burn one drop in my 2AZ Camry engine. The moment I bought the original Mobil 1 from dealer here on nairaland I had to top 1 quart before the next 5000 miles. The mpg was horrible compared to what original Mobil1 gave me. My wife used to buy body cream from there. Her skin was getting even drier and horrible until we imported same brand of cream from US. Babanla fake depots for everything.

People sell fake everywhere, but the point is for people to know where they are buying from. Am sure some Mobil fuel station sell fake ,but this done via the people that work there....
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dru23(m): 12:44am On Nov 01, 2019
[quote author=radautoworks post=83640255][/quote]

Haha I can't be in Nigeria again or make personal delivery .. I even plan to make a surprise visit to your shop.. It will be sooner than expected o ..

1 Like

Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dru23(m): 12:46am On Nov 01, 2019
thebigkendo:
Fake mobile one with same container & label
grin grin grin
The fake oil..k Is it extended performance, high mileage or the regular?

Are u implying that am an Igbo Man? Because am not ,nor am I Yoruba, Delta, Hausa, ... I belong to no tribe and what matter is that am a Nigerian.. Forget what you heard
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dru23(m): 12:53am On Nov 01, 2019
jarkbauer:

I was thinking of importing beauty products too .. I go do some research on it sha..
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dru23(m): 12:55am On Nov 01, 2019
radautoworks:

Don't laugh but my head was badly burnt by fake relaxer from trade Fair. I got excited to see my usual brand there without having to import and bought... never again.

Pele
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by Nobody: 2:47am On Nov 01, 2019
radautoworks:

I am sorry about that. It is at once both sad and frightening. I do not know how many poisons we may have ingested in the same manner. Imported drinks and food at supermarkets.

1 Like

Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by thebigkendo(m): 6:59am On Nov 01, 2019
dru23:

Are u implying that am an Igbo Man? Because am not ,nor am I Yoruba, Delta, Hausa, ... I belong to no tribe and what matter is that am a Nigerian.. Forget what you heard

No sir.. dicksonadams is the brother I was talking about.. Your tribe is irrelevant to me
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 01, 2019
jarkbauer:

And there I was planning on buying a ranger bumper and grille from there. Unfortunately, because the 2012bto 2015 ranger was never sold in the US, you will not find the parts for sale at us outlets. Or at least that was my experience

This story highlights how brands are destroyed in this country. Is there no way for a layman to identify the real oil?
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by Kingsdave(m): 8:21am On Nov 01, 2019
dru23:

Can I use Mobil 1 5w30 USA high mileage on my car have been using Nigerian Mobil 1 the green cap... Will it affect the car.... my mileage is 180k
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dru23(m): 8:42am On Nov 01, 2019
Kingsdave:

Can I use Mobil 1 5w30 USA high mileage on my car have been using Nigerian Mobil 1 the green cap... Will it affect the car.... my mileage is 180k

I have a big phobia for products Destin for the Nigeria market .. I don't trust the Nigerian Mobil 1 with green cap.. Since you have been using for some time now .. My humble advice is for you to continue using it .. Others might advice you to have your engine check for any sign of engine issue, before switching .. But me I like my name and reputation.. I don't want a situation that you use my Mobil 1 oil and something happens to your engine ,that was caused previously by green cap Mobil...
So I always encourage new tokunbo car owners to use my Mobil 1 .. The chances of tokunbo cars abused by wrong oil is very low compare to naija abused cars..

Conclusion: keep using the green cap oil for now , and in the near future if u happen to get a tokunbo car or a naija used car that you know the maintenance history.. You can than look for Genuine engine oil seller to start using on your car ...
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by sheu01: 11:36am On Feb 12, 2020
dru23:

Pls your phone number
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by dru23(m): 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2020
sheu01:

Pls your phone number

0703 672 6481 my Lagos contact
Re: ........ Know The Source Of Your Engine Oil ...... by radautoworks: 11:58am On Feb 15, 2020
dru23:

I don't know o.. But fake they everywhere my brother.. The point is we now have a new customer.. the guy bought 5w30 for his Rx Lexus.... What got me surprise is when he said that they sell those fake oil at certain places in Lagos ..

I posted about that some time back including someone on this platform and it got deleted by the mods¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(1) (Reply)

»»» Toks Grade ZDX 011 @ N4.9M Negotiable ««« / Price Of 10 And 12 Wheel Daf 85 Cf Tipper In Nigeria / Bmw X5 2003 (2.5m), Toyota Corolla 2002 (1.3m),toyota Corolla Sport 2005 (1.75

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.