Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,717 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Body Of 21-yr-old British Tourist Missing In Cambodian Found Floating In The Sea - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Body Of 21-yr-old British Tourist Missing In Cambodian Found Floating In The Sea (475 Views)

Body Of A Girl Found Floating In Katsina River (Graphic Photos) / Blindfolded Corpse With Hands Tied Found Floating In Ilorin River / Woman’s Corpse Found Floating In A River In Okrika, Rivers State (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Body Of 21-yr-old British Tourist Missing In Cambodian Found Floating In The Sea by GistMore3: 12:47am On Nov 01, 2019
Cambodian authorities found a body floating near the Thai border on Thursday that is believed to be a 21-year-old British woman who went missing last week from a beach party in a coastal area popular with backpackers.

Amelia Bambridge’s disappearance prompted a search with divers, land-based teams and police drones after her purse was found on a beach with her mobile phone and watch inside.

Cambodian maritime authorities located the body in waters near the Thai border, about 100 kilometres (62 miles) away from where she had disappeared last week, said Chuon Narin, police chief of the Preah Sihanouk province.

“The body is being transported by boat from the Thai border. It will take two hours to reach the mainland,” Narin said.

“According to the people who are transporting her body, it’s almost 100 percent her, looking at her body’s markings, including tattoo,” Narin said.

He said Bambridge’s family was with the authorities when they found the body floating amid some rocks off Koh Chhlam, an island in neighbouring Koh Kong province.

Narin said police will conduct an autopsy when the body reaches the mainland, adding that early indications pointed to drowning as the cause of death.

Bambridge was last seen on Oct. 24 leaving for a beach party on the island of Koh Rong, which is popular with backpackers, and was posting photos online until 3:23 a.m.

Bambridge’s brother, father and mother arrived in Cambodia on Sunday to join the search.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/body-of-21-year-old-british-tourist-missing-in-cambodian-found-floating-in-the-sea

Re: Body Of 21-yr-old British Tourist Missing In Cambodian Found Floating In The Sea by GistMore3: 12:47am On Nov 01, 2019

Re: Body Of 21-yr-old British Tourist Missing In Cambodian Found Floating In The Sea by angelEmade: 12:50am On Nov 01, 2019
I hate beach parties...
sellers and bloggers...check my siggy
Re: Body Of 21-yr-old British Tourist Missing In Cambodian Found Floating In The Sea by internationalman(m): 1:42am On Nov 01, 2019
Nowadays, Once you hear missing, the probability of being found alive is 30/100...
Re: Body Of 21-yr-old British Tourist Missing In Cambodian Found Floating In The Sea by ValCon888: 2:29am On Nov 01, 2019
The moment I saw 'missing tourist' I knew it was going to be a woman.
I'll always advice women to never attend night parties without someone looking out for you.

Its okay to have fun but you shouldn't have it at the expense of your life.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

18-year-old Girl Allegedly Gang-raped By Three Men In Lagos / UK Police Release Shocking Details From The ‘mysterious’ Truck With 39 Bodies / 7 Enugu Yahoo Yahoo Boys Sent To Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.