Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

26-year-old Kwara Commissioner Nominee Shines During Screening - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 26-year-old Kwara Commissioner Nominee Shines During Screening (731 Views)

Moment Ministerial Nominee, Balarabe Abbas Collapsed During Screening (Video) / Olatunji Abel Dies In His Sleep (Kwara Commissioner) / Adamu, Atiku Abubakar Son Screened As Commissioner Nominee In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

26-year-old Kwara Commissioner Nominee Shines During Screening by vigopress: 10:23am On Nov 01, 2019
I Won't Take My Nomination For granted- 26+Year-old Kwara Commissioner

The youngest commissioner in the history of Nigeria, Mrs Joanna Nnazua Kolo has promised to give her best to prove to Kwarans and Nigerians that youth are capable to make positive impact in governance.

Mrs Kolo, who was recently nominated for the position of commissioner while still observing one year national youth service, NYSC, at Jigawa state finally received confirmation from lawmakers after screening.

The 26-year-old graduate of Library and Information Science from Kwara State owned University, was among the last batch of commissioner nominees screened on Thursday gave good account of herself during the screening at the Kwara State House of Assembly.

Her composure, calmness and succinct brief introduction further shows the ready of the young commissioner for the task ahead and attracted admiration of the lawmakers as well as observers at the gallery.

Speaker of the House, Rt. Hon. Salihu Yakubu Danladi was impressed with the opening remarks of Mrs Kolo and urged her to represent her constituency (youth, women) well to prove to the people that Mr Governor made a right choice in her.

“You have got a lot of work to do. You can not let us down as members of your Constituency”

While reacting to the questions on sideline, a former head girl in secondary school said “I thank God for this rare privilege to serve. It is not by my power or any personal effort. I also want to appreciate the Governor for the golden opportunity given to me to be here today,”

''I see this opportunity as an avenue for youth to prove themselves by been a good learner of the act of governance from an outstanding, experienced and uprightness elders and at the same time contribute meaningfully to the development of the state and country through policy making and implementation.

Mrs Kolo also commended the governor, APC and community leaders for their support and mentorship.

Re: 26-year-old Kwara Commissioner Nominee Shines During Screening by Kingrexyl(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2019
Cool
Re: 26-year-old Kwara Commissioner Nominee Shines During Screening by Carmit(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2019
'My daddy knows somebody'
If you know....
Re: 26-year-old Kwara Commissioner Nominee Shines During Screening by simonlee(m): 11:20am On Nov 01, 2019
Carmit:
'My daddy knows somebody'
If you know....
more like "my sugar daddy is somebody" cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Apc’s Yahaya Bello In Early Lead In Kogi Gubernatorial Election / Facts About Nigeria You Never Knew / Rivers New Commissioners Get Portfolios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.