Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,542 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread - Phones (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread (76581 Views)

TECNO Spark 8 Series Unveiling: Specifications And Price / Brand New Redmi Note 8 Series For Sale **NEW STOCK ALERT** / Xiaomi Redmi 7 User's Official Discussions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by spactacus(m): 9:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
MineBitcoin:
Please xiaomi user, please I av 55k budget,
And am confuse of which of xiaomi product to purchase, please really need urgent answer. Like redmi 8, has some cool features like Corning gorilla glass 5, splash resistance, and some others.but the phone is out of stock in most shops.but any suggestions will be gladly welcome
I can sell u my redmi 8 50k. 4/64. Pack everything still new. Nothing do the phone I Wan upgrade ni.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by blingxx(m): 9:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
Mystiq25:
I was offered to buy a redmi 8a with a completely damaged screen for 10k, I am hoping to buy the replacement screen from aliexpress, is this a good deal?

Bruh abeg where can I get the same offer? undecided..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by MineBitcoin(m): 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
spactacus:
I can sell u my redmi 8 50k. 4/64. Pack everything still new. Nothing do the phone I Wan upgrade ni.
How month old
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by spactacus(m): 12:23am On Oct 01, 2020
MineBitcoin:

How month old
around July. I Don forget sef had to go find my chat history with the seller. Na the screenshot date u go use know

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by jboixxx: 3:29am On Oct 01, 2020
spactacus:
comot for our thread.
Bia, be kiaful
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by jboixxx: 3:30am On Oct 01, 2020
spactacus:
around July. I Don forget sef had to go find my chat history with the seller. Na the screenshot date u go use know
See my signature in that screenshot! Proudly me grin
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by spactacus(m): 8:55am On Oct 01, 2020
jboixxx:
See my signature in that screenshot! Proudly me grin
I know say u go talk. Who say make i buy phone from u sef. angry
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by jboixxx: 8:57am On Oct 01, 2020
spactacus:
I know say u go talk. Who say make i buy phone from u sef. angry
Better come for better deal again o. RN8 4 x128GB. Landing hot next week at affordable rate with complementary protectors grin tongue

Abi na RN8 Pro 6 x64GB for 87300 you want?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by spactacus(m): 9:01am On Oct 01, 2020
jboixxx:
Better come for better deal again o. RN8 4 x128GB. Landing hot next week at affordable rate with complementary protectors grin tongue

Abi na RN8 Pro 6 x64GB for 87300 you want?
so u go come here come dey find signature again. I no do tongue I for consider note but this redmi battery don spoil me. I no fit use 4000mah again

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by jboixxx: 10:24am On Oct 01, 2020
spactacus:
so u go come here come dey find signature again. I no do tongue I for consider note but this redmi battery don spoil me. I no fit use 4000mah again
Better do. I go put R8 battery inside for you grin grin How about that?!
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by spactacus(m): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
jboixxx:
Better do. I go put R8 battery inside for you grin grin How about that?!

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by DestinyToRule(m): 3:35pm On Oct 01, 2020
Xiaomites, i need a good fairly use xiaomi phone not more dan 30k. I base in Lagos. Dm me or refer som1... 0.7.0.3.0.2.4.3.3.2.2.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by solarview(m): 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2020
Gurus in the house, please my Redmi8 SIM 1(MTN) is mostly not reachable when people are calling me, I have had several complaints from people trying to call and they will say my line is not going through. But there is no issues with outgoing calls from the line

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by fidelium7(m): 12:44am On Oct 03, 2020
I was robbed of my redmi 8 last week. I am considering a replacement. Should I still go for redmi 8 or the new redmi 9c?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by learoce(m): 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
solarview:
I experience same issue of unreachable mtn network, in some cases the phone loses network while on call.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by learoce(m): 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
oluwashedy:
Redmi 8(Android 10)
https://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.2.0.QCNMIXM/miui_OLIVEGlobal_V11.0.2.0.QCNMIXM_1cfce9e7c8_10.0.zip

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 10 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process
Please is this update notification same thing as updating to android 10 as described by you? Do I need to still do the manual update after clicking on this update prompt on my phone?

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by pemoney(m): 7:37am On Oct 16, 2020
Good morning guys....my Redmi 8 just went off ..and have been trying to switch it on .. but is not responding ..pls help
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by solarview(m): 8:26am On Oct 16, 2020
pemoney:
Good morning guys....my Redmi 8 just went off ..and have been trying to switch it on .. but is not responding ..pls help

That was what happened to mine last week, it was so embarrassing, this Redmi8 seems to be the worse among six Redmi phones I've used.

How I resolved the issue was to press the power and volume button as if you want to do a hard reset but choose(select) reboot to safe mode. After that go ahead and download the new update.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 16, 2020
solarview:

That was what happened to mine last week, it was so embarrassing, this Redmi8 seems to be the worse among six Redmi phones I've used.

How I resolved the issue was to press the power and volume button as if you want to do a hard reset but choose(select) reboot to safe mode. After that go ahead and download the new update.
Hmmm

My redmi 8 will be a year on Oct 30..have never witness such before

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by solarview(m): 9:06am On Oct 16, 2020
Kallmerb:

Hmmm

Many a time I wanted to ask if there are fake Redmi8, but that sounds like a funny question, if I have not use other Redmi phones before now I would have tagged them scraps. But I'm still waiting to make up my mind. Many times the phone number will not be reachable even when the phone is on. sad sad sad
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by pemoney(m): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2020
solarview:

Thank you sir...is it volume up or down sir
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by spactacus(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2020
pemoney:

Thank you sir...is it volume up or down sir
Up. Just hold for like 15sec. This one wey una phone dey give una problem, wetin dey sup. I'm enjoying my phone ooo. If them fit dey upgrade the miui, I no see any reason y I need to change phone. I go give person last last ni. And my battery good. The last update even make the battery last wella sef.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2020
solarview:

Many a time I wanted to ask if there are fake Redmi8, but that sounds like a funny question, if I have not use other Redmi phones before now I would have tagged them scraps. But I'm still waiting to make up my mind. Many times the phone number will not be reachable even when the phone is on. sad sad sad
well MTN is sometimes cursed if that line is MTN ..it happened to me early October I thought it was the phone until I tried others and noticed it's MTN playing tricks

The simple truth most complains comes from phone bought from stores in Nigeria
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by mujaya1(m): 10:57pm On Oct 16, 2020
Kallmerb:

Hmmm

even me never experience all this issues, the only issues I faced is ghost touch with mi community app
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2020
How well can redmi 8 phone handle gaming
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2020
Pls is there any disadvantage of Chinese version global rom redmi 8 in Nigeria
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
Does redmi 9 battery last well like redmi 8 battery
Or which is better pls
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
organism3:
How well can redmi 8 phone handle gaming
depends on games but not the best
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by kehinde2436(m): 11:59am On Oct 21, 2020
Hello All.. Am in need of the GCAM link for redmi 8 pls
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Eawwal(m): 11:22am On Oct 22, 2020
Good morning, I got a redmi8 2 weeks ago, I noticed that MTN network has been poor on it since I got the phone, what can I do to improve the network issue.

I've done all the updates available.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread by Remmedy(m): 12:54pm On Oct 22, 2020
Eawwal:
Good morning, I got a redmi8 2 weeks ago, I noticed that MTN network has been poor on it since I got the phone, what can I do to improve the network issue.

I've done all the updates available.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / Glo Introduces New Data Plan. 2GB For N500, 4GB For N1000, 180GB For N20,000 / Best Wallpapers For Your Phones Lock Screen And Home Screen!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.